“not for business ?”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Canacona
New Delhi, India
“not for business ?”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

stayed for 4 nights. Overall a good experience but very disappointed by the pathetic business centre. it is an apology of a business centre and shockingly even as a resident you are charged for any usage of the PC- most hotels claiming to be 5 star offer complimentary use of internet in the business center. Here they have a 15/30/60 min charge.
Rajiv Beri, Delhi

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Namaskar!!

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Lalit Golf and Spa Resort Goa!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Lalit, Goa.

We are extremely happy that you had a memorable experience during your stay. We apologies for the dissatisfaction with the Business Centre, we have taken up the matter into respective department to take the corrective action.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.

Warm regards

Satya Roy Chowdhury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We spent Christmas at the hotel, in total six nights. The hotel is located quite far away from all the cities, about 2 hours ride from the airport. It is not a problem for us, since we want to avoid the crowds, but it is definitely for those who want to see Panaji. The highlight is the beach, lovely and quiet. The hotel also has a gorgeous garden and it is very well maintained. The suite is large but actually quite old and definitely needs refurbishment. The drainage in my room is sort of blocked. This is not what you would expect in a five star hotel. I also tried the gym, it has the basic. The internet is not complimentary, in general it works, but quite slow. For our iphones, we had to log in every time when we want to get connected, really strange.

We had the breakfast buffet and also one lunch at the hotel, no much complain, i would rate it as average. Sometimes the fruit is not fresh, but their salad is safe, we did enjoy the raw cucumbers and tomatoes every mourning. Also, had two dinners at the beach shack, do not like the music and they charge as much as in Europe. In case you want to enjoy the sunset and the lovely beach, we do recommend you avoid their beach shack, instead pass the small hill and eat at the restaurants on the Palolem beach.

There are always many taxi drivers waiting at the hotel entrance, there is no need to book any tour from the hotel.

When the TV is switched on, you have to start with a channel showing a movie of the biography of the owner/founder of the Lalit group. Nothing to be disrespectful, but it is very funny to see his son. You will figure out what i mean by watching it yourself, another highlight of the hotel. :)

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for the ocean view suite, there is a large Golf court between you and the sea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kun Z
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I would like to compliment the manager Chartam Trivedi who was very kind and halpfull with anything we asked. it was a realy good place to spent the 8 days we had in Goa. all of our request was answered. we felt that it was very importent for the staff and especially the manager that we feel really good. this hotel is highly recomended by us.

Room Tip: all the rooms are really nice. the diferent is the view. we had the garden view and it was really ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review and recommendation of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Your appreciation of our facilities is truly motivating. It is the feedback from our esteemed and valued guests, like you, which gives us an opportunity to further enhance and refine our processes to achieve customer delight.

we have conveyed your compliments to our Manager Mr.Chetram Trivedi and we sure it will motivate him to perform even better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.
Russia
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and wonderful territory. Room numbers are spacious, the personnel friendly and good trained. The seashore is big and also clean. The only thing is that it is far from any markets and indian life. Wouldnt say it is a disadvantage, one can hire a tuk tuk and have a ride. Minding the culture and its peclarities.
Breakfast is tasty and most of the food is not very spicy.
Might be a bit boring, but it is a safe place.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Goa.
Mumbai
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Calls made to room service
1) May I have a chillie cheese toast sent to my room?
Yes mam, right away
(5 minutes later the phone rings)
Mam, you had just called and ordered a chillie cheese toast - Are you sure you want it? Our kitchens are rather busy at this point.
2) May I have a pot of tea sent to my room?
Sir, our kitchens are rather busy, I suggest you make it in the room, orelse the tea will also get cold.
(If I want a chilli cheese toast or a pot of tea - I want one...)
3) Please may I have a few bottle of water for my room.
Sure mam, but the water is on a chargeable basis.
(Which hotel charges for water???)
4) Please could you send me a packet of Bensons please.
Mam, it is not Benson, it is Benson and Hedges!
15 minutes later the door bell rings with a man carrying a packet of Bensons with two wine glasses? (Did I ask for wine glasses???)
5) May I have a few bottles of water?
No sir, I am afraid not as you are checking out now!
6) Some eggs and toast ordered for breakfast -
The bill comes - It is Rs. 900 !
400 Rs. for 2 slices of toast and Rs. 400 for eggs!?!?
When did toast and eggs become so expensive? Unless ofcourse it was actually Beluga!

At the restaurant
1) A relatively large order has been placed an hour ago - (no food has come for the past one hour)
An hour later the waiter comes in with menus asking if the party at the restaurant wants anything to eat!?
Are you kidding me!?!?
The waiter is asked where the order went - His response being that has LOST THE ORDER!
Mind you the restaurant wasnot packed - it has 3 tables occupied!
2) Off to another restaurant...
When it is time to play the bill - they donot allow payment by card???? Thats absurd.

Clothes sent for laundry.
1) (On the phone)
Hi, can I please have this ironed via express service so I can get it by 9 am tomorrow morning?
(At 3 PM the next day)
Hi, I still have not received my laundry -
Sir, we have not sent it to you because you didnot call and ask for it!
(WHAT?????)

Other questions asked and other critiques about this magnificent hotel!
1) Could you please tell me where room # ... is?
No response given - just a blank look on the persons face!

1) Terrible food
2) Extremely sloppily dressed waiters and staff.
3) Clueless staff - and some that dont know hindi or english!
4/ No water - it ran out mid shower!
5) Shabby bathrooms!

Is this hotel supposed to be a 5* (I certainly have my doubts about it)
The property is fabulous but the prices and the service is appalling!
I have more where this came from, but need I say more!?!?!?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Satya Roy C, General Manager at The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Pursuant to your feedback, we have had a detailed meeting with the concerned departments; the management of the hotel has taken serious cognizance of your points and are extremely regretful about it. I wish to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that these incidents may be avoided. We have embarked on intense staff training on customer sensitization and following our standards which have been overlooked during your stay with us.

Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us in our endeavor of constant improvement. Your patronage to our group is of great value, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa and experience the difference.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed between November 22-25 2012 as was there for a wedding. My experience at Lalit is worth sharing. Long overdue but here it is!

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #1, Terribly slow service: after check in, two of the three bags arrived in 15 minutes but the third one took another 30 minutes and several phone calls.

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #2, Poor Maintenance: water leaked from AC ducting on to my clothes hanging in the wardrobe. And this happened not once but twice in succession in two separate rooms! To top it all, instead of a written apology hotel offers free laundry! Yeah u better, u spoiled my clothes in the first place!

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #3, Untrained Staff: in general staff is not considerate about acceptable norms. For example they would enter the elevator as soon as the door opens without waiting for the guest to step out. At one time staff entered the elevator with stuff cramping up the guest inside.

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #4, Bad Bartender: he had no clue about cocktails. Even my 11 year old son noticed their incompetence and was dissatisfied!

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #5, shabby service: usually in every good hotel simple requests like extra towels, make up room etc are handled by who so ever answers the phone. Not here! If you reach say in room dining, they would not take your message and arrange for the job but give you number of housekeeping instead!

Pathetic Lalit, Reason #6, erratic water supply: yes it's a 5 star but don't expect pressure in taps! What more, entire row of rooms had no water supply for an hour. And this is when they are hosting a wedding party with guests getting ready and getting late for the functions!

Have two more reasons to pull down Lalit. On my second night here, I was assigned my third room because of water leakages in earlier rooms. N this time it's their suite. All the pre assigned shortcut buttons on both the phones of the suite do not work. Digital watch kept in the room has an alarm set to 7:30 am which wakes up the poor guest (read me!) who is half asleep fumbling around to first find n then switch off this annoying sound! Aren't housekeeping guys supposed to reset things? Is it really that difficult Lalit?

How could I forget this one! I had requested two single beds of my room to be joined together. So guess what happens to the telephone that was placed on the table in between the beds? Although the cord was long enough for it to be pulled to either side of the bed, yet it was placed on top of the pillow on one of the beds! Great housekeeping Lalit. Keep it up!

GM of the property did meet me and was at loss of words to explain water leakages and general housekeeping. He did offer to extend my stay or come back for a better experience next time. But sir, why would anyone who has had such a harrowing experience. Yes they were kind enough to waive room charges that I had incurred during my stay but I would rather pay and get a good service!

Lalit, never again for me!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Devesh G
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for your feedback on your stay our hotel.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning curve, understanding and catering to the needs of the esteemed guests. On this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met, and we have not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I would like to reassure you that we take your comments seriously as it reminds us of how important it is to get the basics right. In this highly competitive market situation, we cannot afford any guest to have a negative impression. Our goal is to provide our guests with warm, efficient and personalised service. I have discussed this matter with our entire team and every effort will be made to ensure that similar incidents do not arise again in the future.

To restore your faith back in the hotel, I would request you to let me know your next visit and I will personally look after your stay arrangements.

We endeavour to provide you with the fine level of service, which you expect and deserve. I sincerely hope this one off incident will not deter you from visiting us again and you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back.

Thank you for your valuable time and consideration. Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact me at your convenience (schowdhury@thelalit.com)

Mumbai, India
Reviewed December 10, 2012

the hotel is located in south Goa and about 90 minutes from the air port.it is basically meant for destination weddings as it has access to a private beach.the wedding stage etc is right on the beach with the backdrop of the sea and the setting sun.Its breathtaking and i have never witnessed such a setting in india.
Otherwise it is far too expensive and away from the main tourist areas.The food is average but the rooms are good. IT has its own golf course.OK for golf players.The rooms are very spread out and u have to walk a lot.

Room Tip: take a sea facing room.
2 Thank rakeshMumbai_India
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review & recommendation of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the distance from the airport although as you rightly mention our location is in an exquisite part of Goa, the only hotel where you have a view of the Arabian Sea, the Talpone River and the Sahyadri Mountain Range. As well as an almost exclusive beach.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and all other facilities/ services of the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback & we look forward to welcoming you back to Goa.

Satya Roy Chowdhury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Leela Goa
#2 of 38 in Salcette
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,838 reviews
Caravela Beach Resort
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach

Been to The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa? Share your experiences!