Cuba Patnem
Wavelet Beach Resort(Canacona)(Great Value!)
$18
Palolem Inn(Palolem)
  • Breakfast included
The Tubki Resort(Palolem)(Great Value!)
$33
$32
Alba Rooms Palolem(Palolem)(Great Value!)
$19
Castle House Palolem South Goa(Palolem)(Great Value!)
$24
$100
$78
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Om Sai Guest House(Canacona)(Great Value!)
$143
  • Free Internet
$66
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat place great staffpatnem beachred snappermasalarestaurant servesair conrooms are very basicawesome foodhis teamthe cottagesate herebeach frontbeautiful beachexcellent staysea facingstayed for nightshot water
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at Cuba Patnem for 7 nights from New Year’s Day 2014. If it hadn’t been fully booked, I definitely would have stayed longer. As a female travelling on my own and my first time in India, all the staff at Cuba were super friendly and made me feel very welcome and safe.

My room had been upgraded to one of the high up bungalows on stilts with air conditioning (not that I needed it as it was cool at night). The room was very clean and had all the facilities I needed, not to mention a 4 poster bed with mosquito net and a lovely balcony with a stunning view. I was really impressed with the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Mohan and his team made sure I was always looked after, giving me advice on places to visit etc.

The food at Cuba was among the best I had while in India (Aloo Ghobi was my favourite) and the fresh fish BBQ’s every night were great. I also had breakfast included in my deal which is well worth it. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, it’s a great place to sunbathe during the day and hang out drinking cocktails in the evening. I will definitely be returning for the same again next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Vicky A
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Cuba Patnem is the best place to still when visiting Patnem Beach Area. I visited at the end of the season (april 2-10). I originally had three places booked total and canceled the other two and only stayed with Cuba Patnem the entire time. I was lucky to get the sea facing hut with a private balcony with air con. The staff here, Jeevan and Mohan are extremely friendly and willing to help in any way possible. They gave us great suggestions on where to shop and how to get to those places along with the pricing for the rides we took. I also needed help taking a parcel down to the post and Mohan was very nice and gave me a free lift with my parcel to the post. They also were willing to cook items not on the menu if requested. If you are looking for a relaxed environment with a chill staff, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Must stay in room 101.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Absolutely amazing, though overpriced. The beach is very beautiful and the food is great.
It reminds of what Baga used to be 8-10 years ago - none of the rush that you find these days. Relaxed atmosphere, calm sea, loved the place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed in Cuba Patnem from 16th Feb - 2nd March.
Every day was just so chilled and relaxing. The Manager Mohan & his team made our trip there so special. I am defo going back for my 40th next year.

Room Tip: Hut 101 at the front is the best. Especially the rooftop terrace.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iainlonuk
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This certainly is the quieter part of South Goa, except for Agonda, which has fewer beach shacks and probably a nicer beach. There are plenty of beach shacks to choose from for any meal, drinks or anything else and the beach is not crowded. For a special treat head down south by foot, around the headland the the enormous resort and pay 5X the amount for a drink or food and marvel at the 1 acre swimming pool!!! -guests only. we arrived the day before new year' s eve and stayed for 15 days - the staff would do anything for us and did, the breakfast was good, the coffee great and the rest of the family thrived on the mint tea.
Accomodation - we always said that all we needed was a clean room and a nice bed and this place really tested that out - the rooms are really basic with shower curtains for doors to the cold water shower and toilet. Mosquito nets around the beds but the a/c really worked well. We were in a first floor(above ground) hut and when you walked around the floor moved also. The walls had numerous gaps in them and the tiles were broken or loose in the bathroom. We paid around 3x the normal price for this accomodation(which I think was what it was worth) but we did stay over the busiest period and everywhere charges this!! They completely close from Easter to the end of October so you can't blame them for charging as much as they can get. All in all a good place to stay as long as you are aware of the standard of the rooms and what you are paying for.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family