I’d like to begin by saying that I am very, very surprised by the reviewers who didn’t like the service at the Fern Gardinia — as far as my husband and I are concerned, we had nothing but excellent service during the 3 nights we stayed at the hotel… the front desk staff, the dining room waiters, the cleaning ladies — ALL the staff, without exception, were pleasant, efficient, and helpful, in other words, very professional… our room (the Hazel Suite) was spacious and clean, the Internet connection was very good (and free!), and there was free bottled water in our room every day… the most pleasantly surprising thing about the Fern Gardinia is the quality of the restaurant! before leaving Canada, my husband made a list of restaurants where we could have dinner in the evening but, after eating at the Fern Gardinia, we decided to dine there all three nights… the only thing lacking, but that’s a problem particular to India in general and not to this hotel specifically, is a selection of foreign wines…the hotel is within walking distance of several beaches (we even walked to Cola beach about 12 km away!) but if you don’t like to walk, there’s a free shuttle bus to a nearby beach… if we return to Goa in the future we will definitely return to the Fern Gardinia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fern Gardenia Resort is a unique Eco - Sensitive Resort at Palolem beach in South Goa. Apart from being the only hotel in Palolem with a Swimming Pool & Pool Bar, the hotel aims at providing Luxury accommodations to the budget sensitive travelers, which is a first for Palolem beach. Located 1KM from Palolem Beach in South Goa’s Canacona district. About 60kms from the Airport, 2kms from the Canacona Railway Station and 30kms from Margao.The Palolem beach, also known as Paradise beach is one of the most picturesque beaches in Goa with crystal clear waters and white sand. This beach has fast become the best alternative to the crowded beaches of North Goa.As of now, accommodations in Palolem were restricted only to the shanty coco huts or guest houses along the beach belt or to the only expensive Star hotel in Canacona which is way beyond the reach of many. The Fern Gardenia is the only hotel in its category which sports all the comforts and amenities of a Luxury hotel but fits in the budget of the average traveler visiting Palolem and Agonda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Fern Gardenia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fern Gardenia Hotel Canacona
- The Fern Gardenia Resort Goa/Canacona