“So good we've stayed here 3 times!”

Wavelet Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 81 Canacona B&B and Inns
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“So good we've stayed here 3 times!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We are long term travellers and have chosen to stay at Wavelet each time we've come to Palolem, for these reasons:
- Ideal location, just 200 metres behind the palm trees by the beach, and right by shops and restaurants
- Quiet and peaceful, with rooms on the beach facing side overlooking a spacious garden of flowers and palm trees
- Delightfully clean, and you can have your room cleaned and your bedding and towels changed whenever you wish
- Secure, and the lovely family who run this place and their smiling staff are always around to help or chat
- Range of rooms of different sizes and prices, with or without bathrooms, balcony, AC, and fridge, with lots of hot water and generator power back up
- Really fast and helpful replies to emails, giving information about types of rooms available, prices, transport etc
- Wi-fi in Reception (although this can't be advertised as it can't be a guaranteed service 100% of the time)
- Great value for money - so much cleaner and nicer than other places in this price range!
- Welcoming atmosphere - we feel really relaxed and comfortable here
Hilary : )

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hils5

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
Yakutsk, Russia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed in Wavelet for the first time in 2010 and I returned back in 2013 because I like this hotel and the owners family very much. They make me feel very comfortable. This hotel is very clean. I have t.v , fridge, air-condition , hot water shower and all for a very reasonable price. It is very close to the beach, bus-stop, market yet very quiet and peaceful surrounding. I feel like this is my home in Palolem. I recommend this hotel to everyone who come to Palolem to relax and have a very good sleep at night. I guarantee very good vacation in this hotel. You can sit out in the garden and read books admire the flowers. rooms very freshly painted, and beautiful. balcony is very nice to sit and dry clothes too. rooms are cleaned when requested. I loved staying here and I will return back to this hotel every time I come to Palolem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Wavelet guest house is a really nice place running by an amiable family. It's clean, neat and homelike, there's free wi-fi at the reception and in the nearest rooms, mosquito nets on windows, hot shower, a garden. I felt here safe cause there's always someone of the family at the reception and they close the door for the night. Location is also great, just 2 minutes from the beach and even closer to the bus stand. Though the guest house situated in the centre of Palolem the place is not noisy. The staff is really friendly and polite.
The owners Debbi and her family are very pleasant and helpful people, if you need any information you can rely on them. As a bonus you have a feeling of a real home when you see their kids diligently writing homeworks at the reception :)
Though it's a pity in high season the price is higher so it could be a problem for a budget traveller as I am. Anyway the place is highly recommended.

Гест хаус Wavelet покорил с первого взгляда своей необычной для Индии чистотой. Хозяева - очень приятное семейство, о своем заведении заботятся сами, как о доме. В наличии вай фай, горячий душ, на окнах противомоскитные сетки, есть сад, балкончики в номерах. Место довольно безопасное, на ресепшен всегда кто-то есть, на ночь решетка на двери запирается.
Расположен гест близко и от моря и от автобусной остановки в центре, но немного в переулке, так что там не шумно.
Еще приятный момент - персонал всегда улыбается, благодарит, вообще очень вежливый и ненавязчивый.
В целом в гесте и правда чувствуешь себя как в гостях, особенно когда видишь хозяйских детей, делающих домашнее задание на рисепшен :)
Единственный минус - хозяйка не согласилась сохранить низкий ценник на комнату на новогодний период. В любом случае, гест очень понравился, жаль, не смогу остаться.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The wavelet hotel ticks all the boxes,after staying in a couple of guest houses in south goa the wavelet is by far the best,very nice staff,very clean rooms,air con,fridge.tv with good channels and a very nice bed,the wavelet is right in the heart of palolem which is very good,,nothing is a problem for the people who own wavelet,,we really recommend and will definately return in near future,,melissa and mick from manchester england

Room Tip: we liked the ground floor rooms because they came with a fridge but all the rooms we seen were nice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times and every time it was a great experience. Nice room with air conditioner and tv, balcony. Everything was clean, fresh bed sheets and towels. Location was great, just a few mins walk from the beach and off the main road where all the places to eat and shop where located.

WiFi was working only at the reception which I think is the only minus I found there, it was inconvenient for me to go downstairs every time I needed to use internet.

Management was very helpful and friendly. Every request we had they were able to satisfy. We stayed with children and they really like the place as well.

Overall we had great experience and I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I really liked rooms on the 2nd floor facing a garden.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Yakutsk, Russia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I am retired woman and I always visit palolem every year. I stay in this guest house because it is very clean , good service, good rooms very colourful feel very lively and energetic. I feel very relaxed everytime I come I come to this guest house. Owners are very nice and helpful they make me very comfortable. They arrange for my pickup and drop. I like this guest house so much that I stay for more than a month. Because it is so quiet here that I get very good sleep and feel very energetic .at night it is very quiet. Before coming to this guesthouse I visited many hotels in palolem nothing I found was could be compared to this. I will return to this guest house again and again I love the way the owners treat me. I really and truely recommend this place to all the people out there who want to come to palolem . Check it out

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elenas04
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in wavelet many times but still the same welcome I receive from the owners really very friendly and I feel warm and comfortable like I am at home . Just very clean and beautifully painted rooms and spotlessly clean bathrooms with plenty of water all the time. Hot water shower too. The beach is just two minutes away. Theres a lane going to the beach so it is just very near to the beach. The owners are there for everthing you need. The rooms are cleaned whenever you ask during day time. I have no words to express the joy and happiness I get in staying here. Just feel at home and safe when I am travelling alone. The owners just make you feel comfortable. I will always stay in this beautiful guest house whenever I am in palolem. The garden is full of flowers I can just sit and read books or relax.
I highly and strongly recomend this place to all who read this. Come and feel the difference.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spotlessly clean
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Tubki Resort
#5 of 9 in Palolem
Palolem Beach Resort
Palolem Beach Resort
#25 of 81 in Canacona

Been to Wavelet Beach Resort? Share your experiences!