“Slice of paradise”

Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Dwarka was one of the most beautiful places I've visited in all of India. The location itself is absolutely mind blowing and combining that with a great eco resort and fantastic food and service, you have a win-win situation. We stayed for 5 days and had one of the best and most relaxing trips ever. The food is fantastic and they were able to cater to a few dietary limitations that we had. Be sure to try their homemade cashew feni and urak :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the lagoon from the kitchen/bar are slightly quieter. Also, a few are...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spend 4 nights in this beautiful place. Clemente & his staff are great hosts. From the minute we had landed in Dobalim, Clemente had organised a taxi to take us there At a very reasonable price. The Huts are very comfortable with a superb view of the lagoon or the sea. Breakfast lunch & dinner are of excellent quality & varied. Very good value for money. Thanks again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was supposed to be here last oct/nov but due to my official commitment I had to cancel and Clemente was disappointed with me. At last I got 4 day break and I wanted to be here at this place before it is closed. And I did made it. It was a tiring journey as I had to travel from Chennai via bus. But thankfully I was picked up on time. Credit goes to Sidhu who arranged prompt pick up. Moment I hoped into the car I had butterflies in my stomach as I was eager to reach the place ASAP. As i was aware that road to Dwarka would be bumpy and it was so. I reached the place and was shell shocked. It was just empty. To be honest I was just figuring out did I make a wrong choice. I was drowsy and tired and didn't know where I was. Honestly it took time for me to realize the beauty of Dwarka.

My first day was normal as my mind was bogged down with my official work however after I had a dip at the lagoon i got my energy back. Slowly I was getting into it and once I got in it was truly amazing. Right from food, drinks & hospitality was amazing. Being a Solo traveler it is hard to spend time, but kudos to the staff they treated me like a friend, Whatever I asked it was just right there for me. I stayed late night and staff accompanied me which was heart touching. Thanks Sidhu. And the place is just safe. I had a dip in the lagoon by midnight and it was so awesum.

My second day slowly began as I was out coming off from my previous day and to my surprise, Clemente came in there and I have to say this, he was really looking handsome. And that day was a blast as he arranged for a dinner in the beach which was pretty cool. Did give couple of suggestions, hope they can make it for better experience. And stayed back again late night and gain the staff accompanied me.

Chicken was very tender and man that malai kofta was too good.

My last day, as I woke up very late missed out the boat ride, but had a nice swim and awesum goan food. Clemente was conscious, did check up with me and ensured I was all ok. Thank you friend. And the boys again was fantastic.

Later in the evening had a good chat with Clemente.

And I want to mention this, the space between the cottages it is huge, I would appreciate Clemente in having this concept Just 10 cottages spread across the acre which he can build 10 more like the resort on the other side, but he is clear about the concept and way we need to have a better space.

It was an amazing journey and would be coming back with my spouse this NOV to be a part of Dwarka family.

Thanks to Sidhu and all the guys, not to forget Clemente about his idea and concept of divine beauty and resort maintenance. Thank you all. See you again :):):)

Sundeep

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sundeep2581
Reviewed April 17, 2014

It's a secret that cannot be shared with too many but if not experience then it's a big miss. Not only the location is perfect but Clemente's personal interaction added alot more to our stay. Staff was absolutely great and helped us through at night when one of us got sick. The rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable. My 5year old had a blast in the lagoon and excited to return soon. We highly recommend to anyone looking for serenity with beauty.

Room Tip: all the rooms have the same view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IdiscoverIndia
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Before we begin let’s get one important issue sorted. It’s NOT Goa as many know it. No loud music and partying here. If you are looking to party, please look elsewhere. If you are looking for a serene peaceful beach resort, continue reading. I must say after visiting many “popular” Goa beaches , my appreciation for this resort has gone up many times.

Booking: Experience was pleasant right from the moment we contacted the resort. Replies were prompt and all queries were immediately replied to.

Reaching there: Airport pick up was arranged. It takes about 3 hour from airport to resort, including small breaks. Road is pretty bad in last few kilometers and I would avoid taking my own vehicle there.

Beauty: The beach is hidden by hills. Landscaping is amazing and view is breathtaking.

Fresh-water river: A fresh water river runs through property and ends just before the beach. It is available for swimming kaykaying etc or just for a dip after sea water exposure.

Staff: All employees are most welcoming prompt and competent.

Mobile, TV etc: There is no television in rooms (on purpose). Mobile network is unreliable and is available only on a particular chair in restaurant :) or after a short walk up the hill.

Rooms: Very well designed with right mix of luxury and simplicity. Bedding was very comfortable and comparable to many five star hotels.

Privacy: The resort is one of only two resorts in this part of beautiful and serene cola beach. The resort goes on to great lengths to ensure privacy. Cottages are built at different ground levels. No outsider is allowed to enter the property even for eating at restaurant.

Restaurant: There is only an ice box to keep wine and beer. There is no refrigerator. So no leftover is preserved and everything is made fresh to order. This means Food is limited in spread however I never had any reason to complain. Occasionally, they also arrange wonderful beach buffet dinners.

Bikes: Bikes for hire can be arranged on request to travel to other nearby villages and beaches. Be careful about what you pay. Current rate is Rs.300 per day. Unfortunately, we overpaid big time :(

Fishing and dolphin trips: They arrange these trips. We went for a dolphin trip. Though we couldn't see any dolphin, we thoroughly enjoyed the ride and view of nearby islands. Boat was very very stable and the owner was a wonderful person.

Owner Mr. Clement, manager Mr. Siddhu and their support staff deserves a special applaud for making such a beautiful place. To appreciate their efforts most Kindly Note that the resort remains open only for 6 months and it has to be “rebuilt” every year. Hope the review helps you in making an informed decision.

Room Tip: All cottages are good. I would prefer higher level cottages. Ask the owner for special requirement.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ajaymeri
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here in January and i've been meaning to write a review since. I was just reminiscing its beauty when i realised I hadn't. My girlfriend and I were unsure whether to book this place because it was a little over what we normally would pay and felt it was a bit of a gamble given all food was inclusive. But the food turned out to be sensational, they pulled out all the stops every meal time. It was some of the best i had in India. Furthermore, i was apprehensive that they would sting us on arrival with expensive beer prices and stuck on an isolated beach for three days, we may have no option but to suck them up. Again, we were relieved that the drinks were very reasonably priced.
In terms of accommodation the huts were nice and comfortable and it was hot so cold showers more than sufficed. The staff were wonderful helping with onward travel arrangements and one nice fellow took us out on an early morning trek at no extra cost. The atmosphere was also very pleasant and we made lots of nice friends with all the other guests. With only 20 odd people staying there the atmosphere was very chilled out, friendly and personal.

I would recommend this beautiful and unspoiled resort to both older and younger travelers. We loved it!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Having first stayed at Dwarka in January as part of a three-month tour of India, I simply had to go back when the opportunity arose a few weeks later. Two visits on the same trip: it's that good.

Quite simply, there's nowhere else like Dwarka in Goa (and, as far as I can tell, in all of India). The welcome is warm, the accommodation is beautiful and the setting is as close to perfection as can be imagined.

I won't repeat what other reviewers before me have already so excellently and accurately put, but I will share one of my highlights: after a day's swimming in the crystal-clear lagoon and tucking into a sumptuous seafood curry, there's nothing better than retiring to one's bed and looking at the flickering lights of the other huts across the water. It's utterly magical.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
The Bay Agonda
The Bay Agonda
#2 of 10 in Agonda

Been to Dwarka Eco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!