“What a find!! Undoubtedly the best holiday for us..”

Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
Reviewed December 13, 2013

It was my first wedding anniversary & i was really looking out for a pleasant vacation with my wife. With the kind of lifestyle we have (working couple), both of us really needed some quiet & relaxing time together. Then i read about Dwarka Resort in some travelogue & was impressed going through their website on what they offered. I called up on the number provided on their website & interacted with Clement. He explained me the concept of stay at Dwarka resort & frankly speaking i was impressed with the proposition. He gave a good deal & mentioned that he will make it special evening on my anniversary. I booked the stay for 3 nights & paid 50% booking amount to him.

On the travel day, I started early as I had to cover close to 600 kms journey from Pune to Goa. The roads are good until Belgaum (Pune - Bangalore highway) & then a rough patch thereafter. Reached destination at around 5PM in the evening. Called up the manager of the place (who had given me a reminder call in the morning) & asked him to provide directions. He asked me to come near Cola Panchayat office & wait. Then one of the staff members came to pick us up & took us through a narrow pathway till the resort (almost 2Kms inside). I was a bit worried as the road was not good & my car had low Ground clearance. But we went slow & it wasn’t that bad as it seemed initially, nothing happened to the car.

The fun started when we reached the resort & had a first glimpse of it. WOW!! I was mesmerized by the view of fresh water body flowing in between the resort, with coconut trees all around, nature cottages, Wooden crossing bridge, clear view of the beach in between the trees & waterbody. I must tell you that pictures don't completely tell how beautiful this place is in reality. We were given a cottage right at the start of the resort (as soon as you get off the crossing bridge) which was a bit far away from the actual beach, but i didn't mind considering the view was good & the resort was almost full. We spent the rest of the evening hanging out at the beach & relaxing. The resort has a good & reasonably priced collection of beer, alcoholic drinks & cold drinks which can be enjoyed sitting on the hammocks or at their beach side sit outs. Also no cell phone coverage in the resort. So no emails or any other distractions. If somebody wants to reach you then they can call on the resort number (only BSNL & Vodafone gets coverage at certain sections in the resort).

The resort package includes food & they have a buffet. The food is made considering that majority of the guests are foreigners but we found the food tasty & nice (even though it was less spicy). There is a variety of fish & chicken served across 2 meals in a day. You can also ask the chef to make something you wish but depends on the availability. Breakfast spread was also good (eggs, fruits etc).

On the first night in the resort, we were really surprised with the gesture from the hotel staff to provide us Dinner right on the beach. You have to experience having a hot dinner under candle light on a beach with starry night sky & just the sound of sea around you. We both enjoyed the dinner. It was followed by a short stint near the Camp fire which is lit up every night on the beach. Before going to sleep, we noticed that the cottage is not well isolated for sounds ( you can hear what's going on outside & vice versa). But the cottages are well spaced & you have enough privacy. You can hear the birds, eagles & nature around you. We had a good night sleep.

Next day after a good breakfast, we decided to go for a swim in the lagoon. The water is fresh & so clear that you feel nice to swim in it. We both preferred to get wet in the lagoon rather than sea water but it will be personal choice. You can just relax for hours on the beach, watch people around, keep talking to each other, read books & basically do nothing else. The resort serves snacks, tea/coffee on demand right on the beach. They have their own reserved hammocks as well to chill on the beach. We also did kayaking for the first time in our life & it was a fun experience. My wife also learnt to swim in the lagoon water as it is not that deep at the edges. The best part was the sunset, that calm/soothing feeling watching the sun go down with only pure nature around & your partner right beside you.

On our wedding anniversary day, we started the day with a dolphin ride. For the first time after so many previous attempts at various other places, we saw a pack of dolphins all around us. We both were very happy. Even the fishermen were very courteous who showed us around in their boat. The day was again spent relaxing at the beach & lagoon - doing nothing. I believe that is the USP of this place :) For evening I already had made plans with Clement to have a surprise for my wife. He helped me arrange a delicious cake & special dinner with large pomfret & king prawns. We cut the cake on a separate special arrangement on the beach & dinner was awesome. All the guests wished us & we ended the night with a bonfire sit out & pictures with all the resort staff. I must tell that the staff was very courteous & was one of the main reasons that we had such a blast in our stay there. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a truly relaxing time outside their busy schedules. The experience was so soothing that my wife didn’t want to come back, and suggested I should check with Clement if we can buy a cottage there ;)

Room Tip: If possible ask for cottage near the beach so that you have to walk less :) Cottages at higher altit...
1  Thank Ashish R
There are newer reviews for Dwarka Eco Beach Resort

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I can't believe it took me so many years to discover this place! Being on the creek and the sea makes it one of a kind. The fact that the creak is crystal clean for swimming, kayaking, bird watching - both the water and the surrounding land - makes it even more unique. The people running it - clemente and his partner - are absolutely lovely open people. They share with you all about their experiences running the hotel and their goals for it, which makes one feel invested in the place and want to root for its success. You feel they are people who are more committed to preserving the space and keeping the beach beautiful, than to making money. I salute them for protecting and investing in this small remaining bit of paradise in Goa. There are a couple of other slightly cheaper places on this beach, but this one is worth it. They charge a bit more because the space is small - 10 rooms in a huge property as opposed to 30 rooms in a tiny property - compared to their competitor across the way. So there are beautiful grounds and a feeling of spaciousness that are worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

In Dwarka, a lovely staff, cozy huts in quiet surroundings, a hardly touched sandy beach and the swimmer's choice between cool lagoon water and the ocean make one's stay unforgettable. Tasty food is freshly prepared 3x per day, you can canoe if you feel energetic, get a massage or a Yoga class if you like to. All you hear when you wake up in the mornings is the waves from the Arabian Sea and the birds. I can fully recommend this place for anybody who wants to get away from it all.

Room Tip: If you want a hot shower, you'll get a bucket of hot water and that works perfectly well; but I...
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lovely staff. Fresh food, no disturbing noises, the crystal clear water of a lake near your cottage, the sweet sounds of kingfishers and crows, monkeys in the morning to wake you up, and the sea with its shining beauty in front of you. If you cannot find peace in such a place, then there must be some wrong with you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from an amazing trip to India. I spent 2 nights at Dwarka with my husband. Dwarka turned out to be the highlight of our trip.

Our little thatched cottage was great and the bed very comfortable. The power would come and go at times but that seems to be the norm in India! The cottage was clean and safe. The best thing was that they were private and spaced out.

There are so many good things about this place that it is hard to mention them all. The location is perfect. The beach and lagoon is beautiful.

The staff are all great and even got us a cake for our wedding anniversary which was a really nice touch.

The food was nice and drinks were reasonably priced.

If you are thinking about booking here, then just book it. We booked direct with Dwarka who made the entire booking process simple and easy.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having received a positive answer to a very important question, I was then informed that if you google the area it is the best place to propose in Goa. And they are right.

The huts are basic but very comfortable. There really is nothing like lying in bed (VERY comfortable) and hearing only crickets, birds and whatever else is roaming the other side of the reed walls at night. You wake up to sunshine spilling in between the reeds and open the door to the lagoon gently flowing past the door.

The place itself is breathtaking - it is surely only a matter of time before the place becomes built up and so I emplore you to experience it now before it does. The road there is deliberately less than a dirt track to keep the day-trippers out.

The food is great - simple and fresh, an authentic taste of India which leaves you feeling fresh and energised, no risk of eating anything untoward here. Drinks are very cheap, nothing like a Kingfisher whilst watching the sun go down. The staff do their very best to make you feel welcome and very well looked after throughout. Clemente is a fascinating chap - who would have thought Quantum of Solice was almost partly filmed in India!

So it's the place to go for 3 or 4 nights to exit from the world, enjoy good food and do nothing but read, paddle in the sea/lagoon (which is lovely to swim in) and eat. If you want water sports, bars and activity then I suggest combining 4 days of zen with 4 days of 5* further up the coast (what we did).

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Highest level on the restaurant side of the lagoon - away from any other guests who might walk past...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
dwarkagoa, Owner at Dwarka Eco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Hi Alexander, thanks for your kind words! I would love to believe that it was the location that made her say " YES " !! :) well I hope we see you for your honeymoon in Dwarka as well...
the movie which almost got shot here in Goa was " skyfall" actually and it was indeed a pleasure and a humbling experience doing a location scout along with Sam Mendes and Barbara broccoli, Dennis Gassner and chris brock...have a great life Alex...cheers!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed (alone) last December for 3 nights – and was cursing myself for not having been able to extend my stay. But now am looking forward to a 5-night return Jan next year.

Be wary – know what you are getting into! This is a soak-pit for all your tension and high-strung city woes! This is NOT a luxury/pamper destination. Its unreal that places like this exist at all…

1. Back to the basics:
The ten odd huts are totally basic. Thatched walls and roof. Cemented floors. Sit-outs. Atatch (internal) toilets. Good sized. Clean. Well designed, but basic. This is so totally the charm of Dwarka. If you come to Dwarka, you are not coming for air-conditioning and state-of-art amenities. Rather just the opposite. Refreshingly unpretentious, yet totally comfortable.

2. Close to nature:
The huts are placed on small terraces on either side of a small river that dissects the 3-acre property – all of which is a beautiful coconut grove. The river hits the beach and forms a small fresh-water lagoon. Only guests get access to the river. Once you are out of the lagoon, you are on the beach. Just a little further and you are in the sea!!

3. Total disconnect from life as you know it:
Mobiles do not work. No TV. Unplugged from wherever you came from, the moment you step into Dwarka.

There really is nothing to do at Dwarka except letch at the views, take in the silence, swim, walk, converse with like-minded people, eat the amazing fresh fare served at their sea-view beach restaurant, and be amazed at the realization that the contrast offers – of the racing pace that your life is whizzing past – as you stand still in this place called Dwarka.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
dwarkagoa, Owner at Dwarka Eco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Hi Milan, thanks for sharing your experience with us...just wanted to add that this year we still have only 10 cottages like from 8 years back, but we have put king size beds now with soft mattresses and comfortable duvets....we invite you to come back and experience this little luxury which we have added...as you are aware that we do not have cell coverage everywhere but we do get a little signal in one corner and we are happy to allow our guests to make emergency calls and give our number as a contact No..looking forward to seeing you soon..cheers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
#2 of 7 in Agonda
Simrose
Simrose
#2 of 61 in Agonda

Been to Dwarka Eco Beach Resort? Share your experiences!