If you love nature, if you want to be served by fabulous staff, if you prefer to mingle with explorers and open-minded people rather than participate in mass tourism and if you want to relax at a beach that is just out of this world then this place may just be the one for you.
We stayed over a whole week and enjoyed every second from the very first moment.
There is plenty to enjoy. This place is
- where you bath in salty sea water and then just hop in the lagoon (Who needs a hotel pool???)
- where staff IS GENUINLY HAPPY to fulfill your wishes
- where you may experience your first ever candlelight dinner or a bonfire on a beach
- where... well, just explore yourself...
Yes, the cost may look slightly higher than what other rather touristy places can offer, upon arrival however we quite quickly did comprehend that significant efforts go into the making and running of this special place: The huts are built from scratch at the start of each season - nature and sustainable building seem to play an important part, and Clement will surely tell you about it ;-). Food is cooked without the benefits of electricity (absolutely lovely food by the way...). No electricity means no refrigerator, so food and ice cubes to keep drinks cool are to be sourced twice daily - With the advantage to us that food was always as fresh as it can possibly get :-)
And... yes, the place will help you to experiment living without communication technology. Not getting text messages, not to check emails may feel strange at first... but then you will feel that it is just great to be disconnected. It just helps enjoying this place completely undisturbed by "external stuff" and it somewhat brings you "back to earth".
Anyway, should you really require to phone or send text messages, then there is help: Overlooking the sea and the beach, there is one little space (a specially arranged table in the restaurant that overlooks the sea and the beach - amost like a "captains deck") where phone-signal is available. The staff helped and we were even asked to use the staff's phone to make the call.
There are some very special places on our earth - THIS IS ONE OF THEM!
To all those valuing friendliness whilst returning back the same and enjoying nature whilst looking after it we wish an amazing and unforgettable time at this place!
Daniel and Emmanuelle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a very exclusive 10 boutique cottage property having luxurious interiors, with attached baths with hot showers. All 10 cottages have SEA VIEWS and some have BOTH SEA as well as LAGOON view!! We provide a lot of privacy to our guests. The property is flanked by the beach and a fresh water lagoon. If you want to completely cut off from this crazy world, and if you need a little nourishment for your soul.....you will love Dwarka!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Dwarka Eco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dwarka Eco Beach Hotel Canacona
- Dwarka Eco Beach Resort Goa/Canacona