“A very unique place.”

Ranked #3 of 82 Canacona B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“A very unique place.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Quiet, beautiful paradise. Perfect place to reach inner peace. Got married there in the sunset. Peter arranged everything for the wedding, and everything was perfect.
I've traveled the world and I've been to many places and beaches, but Cola Beach is a very unique place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Really lovely beach and location - it's beautiful. The tents are amazing. Big let down is the food - there is no choice for any of the meals (which are included in the price) plus you don't really get a lot. Meal times are very rigid and set - so if u want breakfast at 10 - you wouldnt be able to. Can't really swim in sea as there are lots of rocks. Expensive for what you get - better value at other locations

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank J01976
colabeach, Owner at Cola Beach Exclusive Tented Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thanks for your review. From Nov 2013 our clients who book for more then 1 night can choose food from our menu so they can have a choice and can have breakfast up to 10:00 am. As we are away from everything our maintenance and running the resort expense is more.eg. we do not have proper electricity and run on generator most of the time.Maintenance of tents, Replacement of tents,Fresh water has to be transported to the resort etc. thus keeping our overheads high.
Chongqing, China
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The site is wonderful, the tents clean and comfortable, the views breathtaking and the beach delightful. The night time bonfire was a very nice touch and the dance program they had a few nights was quite interesting. They were also great to work with while arranging the reservation. The drinks are very reasonably priced (we were their on New Years Eve and bought rounds for everyone there a few times, 30 beers and a half dozen mixed drinks totaled a bit over $40). The staff was also friendly, helpful and generally a lot of fun. They played Cricket every afternoon on the beach and welcomed everyone to join them, which was a lot of fun. Not only could I recommend Cola Beach Excluive Tented Resort, but I'm considering returning.

The Resort is quite isolated, which is what we were looking for. There was another beautiful beach just a 10 minute walk over a rock outcropping (takes you to Blue Lagoon) so there is a bit of drifting around if you would like.Over a week, we walked down that way as a family twice, but the kids headed that way probably once a day.

The above said, they are two small changes away from being an absolutely perfect resort.
1) The food was generally horrible with very little choice. Over our two weeks in India, the only time any of us had to salt food was here. I'm really surprised by some of the good reviews of the food I see here on TripAdvisor. When the staff was away, ALL of the guests complained about the food. Over our week there, I heard at least two families complain to the manager and the answer was "well, we have to be able to serve eveyone, so we need ot be careful". My complaint wasn't that the food wasn't hot enough, it is that the food had NO flavor what so ever. They really need to pick up their game on the food.
2) The chairs they have in the bar / restaurant area are miserably uncomfortable. Since they have wifi there, my wife was always after me to join her at the restaurant. I pretty much refused because there was simply no way to get comfortable. At other similar reorts, there are 6-10 comfy seats with small coffee tables and a view of the ocean also in the restaurant area. My bar bill would probably have doubled if they had somewhere comfortable to sit and sip a beer.

I went on a bit on the complaints mainly because I'd like to see them fix those two small things and have the ultimate and perfect resort. Cola Beach Exclusinve Tented Resort is a wonderful place staffed by genuinely nice people with an amazing view.

Room Tip: They have two locations. One is near the kitchen and has a bit more limited views. The second loca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lafbizguy
Thanks for your review, really appreciate for taking your time out to write this review. Apart from all the good thing you have said and the changes recommended i have decided to change the following.
From the coming season Nov 2013 we are having a new cook and our clients can choose food from our menu so they have choice.
We are replacing our chairs in the restaurant as well. Looking forward to see you again.
Peter.
Hamar, Norway
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place is a true paradise! The staff is friendly, the tents are indeed exclusive, the surroundings beautiful and the food excellent. Staying at Kola Beach is almost like staying at a private beach; it is indeed a place for relaxation and some peaceful days. We are looking forward to our next visit here :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stopped at this amazing beach for 2 nights on the 10th - 12th December 2012.
I booked this trip directly with Peter Fernandes online before i left the U.K. 50% deposit via bank transfer. Excellent and prompt communication from Peter at all times which really put me at ease, especially paying around £75 to a complete stranger who i'd only conversed with via email, i needn't have worried in the slightest.
I contacted Peter on arrival in Goa and gave him the address of our hotel, we arranged the collection from a visible local landmark nearby (the mini bus transfers are included in the price) at around 8am on the 10th December.
The bus was packed when it arrived to collect us, we were the last pick up by the way. Nothing to worry about though, plenty of room for our overnight bags and seating for everyone. The journey south lasted around 2 - 2.5hrs, its just fascinating watching the local people getting on with their daily business as you weave your way through the local villages.
We had a rest stop around half way then continued on with the journey. The last mile or so is over VERY rough terrain, its quite unbelievable how a mini bus can actually make it to the drop off point, you'd be better off in a Land Rover or something, lol.
The stone steps winding down the the cove are a taste of things to come. The tents are all nestled under the palm trees being shaded from the direct sunlight which is a blessing really. There is plenty of space between all the tents, they are not crammed together and you definitely have personal space.
On arrival we all sat in the bar/restaurant area (this may sound like a formal setting but it really is no different to a shack you get on the beach) and Peter gave us all a talk about how things work here. He allocated us all a tent, explained that everything you buy drink wise is added to your tab and you settle up on your departure day.
I very stupidly didn't change any money prior to the driver picking us up, i explained this and was told no problem whatsoever, just give it the driver when he drops you off, "don't worry" i was told, "enjoy your stay, it's fine". This immediately put me at ease, i could see i was going to enjoy my time here.
You have your own little patio area outside the tent complete with a couple of chairs and a small table. It's excellent sitting outside in the dark listening to the mighty roar of the sea (it echoes a lot as the noise bounces off the cliff face at the rear of the tents) they are equipped with 2 x single beds (ours did anyway) a floor standing fan, electric sockets for charging your gadgets, a full size (large) but basic bathroom which has a stone cold shower. Don't let this put you off, having an ice cold shower after lying in 100 degree sunshine is very invigorating.
I spent my whole time here barefoot, there really is no need for footwear because you never have to leave the sand.
All your food is included in the price, breakfast, lunch, afternoon cuppa and cakes then your evening meal. All the food was spot on, we really couldn't fault anything. On our second day i was up very early, well, early for me. It was around 6am, i wandered down to the beach for a short stroll then went to the shack. The lads were already here setting up for the day. I asked for a cup of tea quite cheekily as i knew no one else was up and these guys probably hadn't started but this was no problem at all and they made me one without question.
Our days were spent lazing on the beach just in awe at how beautiful it was, admiring everything we could see. Afternoon strolls from one end of the cove to the other, looking in all the rock pools looking for different sea creatures, crabs, sea urchins, small fish etc etc. I must note, there are quite a few, well, lots actually, very large rocks in the sea in this cove. When the tide is in they aren't so visible but when it goes out there are tons. It was not a problem for us in the slightest but if you're looking for a sandy cove with easy access to the sea then this isn't the place for you. There are 2 roped off areas safe to swim in, areas without so many rocks.
Some evening entertainment was put on which was 2 local lads playing traditional Indian instruments and a selection of local girls doing traditional dancing. There's soft music playing in the bar while you eat your evening meal then a fire is lit in the fenced off fire pit in the sand. It was great sitting under the stars, round an open fire and chatting to the other guests who were staying here too. Tip: if the fire starts to die down then just grab some huge palm leaves that are stacked near the fire and put them on to burn, you can keep it going for hours.
We loved this place, so peaceful and relaxing and in my opinion is one of those must-do trips when stopping in Goa. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, its a really really beautiful place.

Room Tip: We stopped in the first tent you see as you come down the steps. It's not actually a tent, its m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WWFC_Steve
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I married here at Little Cola and I cannot recommend the place highly enough. Little Cola is stunning - a secluded, quiet and beautiful beach like no other. The tents are fantastic, better than most beach huts. If you're thinking of coming here for a holiday or looking at it as a wedding venue then just go for it - you will not regret it. Peter and his team have created a truly magical place.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank GrumpyTravelerMan
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I arrived alone at Cola beach this year in early April and was immediately welcomed, not only by the owner Peter, but by the current residents.

The place is pure bliss. Tranquil, beautiful and breathtaking scenery.

The tents are basic, yet functional, with toilet, shower, bed and other small pieces of furniture.

Residents are invited to dine together, which as a lone traveller was great for me. The food is fresh and local and delicious.

You can spend your days relaxing on the beach, getting a massage from the neighbouring resort, boat trips or chatting with your host Peter. Locally there are great places to eat if you do decide to venture outside the tented beach area. The only real reason I am loathed to talk about this place as I liked it to be my little secret. Really couldn't fault this place and wouldn't want to either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Tubki Resort
The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Cola Beach Exclusive Tented Resort? Share your experiences!