“Paradise”

and 1 more site!
Cola Beach Exclusive Tented Resort
Ranked #3 of 82 Canacona B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This place is a true paradise! The staff is friendly, the tents are indeed exclusive, the surroundings beautiful and the food excellent. Staying at Kola Beach is almost like staying at a private beach; it is indeed a place for relaxation and some peaceful days. We are looking forward to our next visit here :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stopped at this amazing beach for 2 nights on the 10th - 12th December 2012.
I booked this trip directly with Peter Fernandes online before i left the U.K. 50% deposit via bank transfer. Excellent and prompt communication from Peter at all times which really put me at ease, especially paying around £75 to a complete stranger who i'd only conversed with via email, i needn't have worried in the slightest.
I contacted Peter on arrival in Goa and gave him the address of our hotel, we arranged the collection from a visible local landmark nearby (the mini bus transfers are included in the price) at around 8am on the 10th December.
The bus was packed when it arrived to collect us, we were the last pick up by the way. Nothing to worry about though, plenty of room for our overnight bags and seating for everyone. The journey south lasted around 2 - 2.5hrs, its just fascinating watching the local people getting on with their daily business as you weave your way through the local villages.
We had a rest stop around half way then continued on with the journey. The last mile or so is over VERY rough terrain, its quite unbelievable how a mini bus can actually make it to the drop off point, you'd be better off in a Land Rover or something, lol.
The stone steps winding down the the cove are a taste of things to come. The tents are all nestled under the palm trees being shaded from the direct sunlight which is a blessing really. There is plenty of space between all the tents, they are not crammed together and you definitely have personal space.
On arrival we all sat in the bar/restaurant area (this may sound like a formal setting but it really is no different to a shack you get on the beach) and Peter gave us all a talk about how things work here. He allocated us all a tent, explained that everything you buy drink wise is added to your tab and you settle up on your departure day.
I very stupidly didn't change any money prior to the driver picking us up, i explained this and was told no problem whatsoever, just give it the driver when he drops you off, "don't worry" i was told, "enjoy your stay, it's fine". This immediately put me at ease, i could see i was going to enjoy my time here.
You have your own little patio area outside the tent complete with a couple of chairs and a small table. It's excellent sitting outside in the dark listening to the mighty roar of the sea (it echoes a lot as the noise bounces off the cliff face at the rear of the tents) they are equipped with 2 x single beds (ours did anyway) a floor standing fan, electric sockets for charging your gadgets, a full size (large) but basic bathroom which has a stone cold shower. Don't let this put you off, having an ice cold shower after lying in 100 degree sunshine is very invigorating.
I spent my whole time here barefoot, there really is no need for footwear because you never have to leave the sand.
All your food is included in the price, breakfast, lunch, afternoon cuppa and cakes then your evening meal. All the food was spot on, we really couldn't fault anything. On our second day i was up very early, well, early for me. It was around 6am, i wandered down to the beach for a short stroll then went to the shack. The lads were already here setting up for the day. I asked for a cup of tea quite cheekily as i knew no one else was up and these guys probably hadn't started but this was no problem at all and they made me one without question.
Our days were spent lazing on the beach just in awe at how beautiful it was, admiring everything we could see. Afternoon strolls from one end of the cove to the other, looking in all the rock pools looking for different sea creatures, crabs, sea urchins, small fish etc etc. I must note, there are quite a few, well, lots actually, very large rocks in the sea in this cove. When the tide is in they aren't so visible but when it goes out there are tons. It was not a problem for us in the slightest but if you're looking for a sandy cove with easy access to the sea then this isn't the place for you. There are 2 roped off areas safe to swim in, areas without so many rocks.
Some evening entertainment was put on which was 2 local lads playing traditional Indian instruments and a selection of local girls doing traditional dancing. There's soft music playing in the bar while you eat your evening meal then a fire is lit in the fenced off fire pit in the sand. It was great sitting under the stars, round an open fire and chatting to the other guests who were staying here too. Tip: if the fire starts to die down then just grab some huge palm leaves that are stacked near the fire and put them on to burn, you can keep it going for hours.
We loved this place, so peaceful and relaxing and in my opinion is one of those must-do trips when stopping in Goa. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat, its a really really beautiful place.

Room Tip: We stopped in the first tent you see as you come down the steps. It's not actually a tent, its m...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WWFC_Steve
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I married here at Little Cola and I cannot recommend the place highly enough. Little Cola is stunning - a secluded, quiet and beautiful beach like no other. The tents are fantastic, better than most beach huts. If you're thinking of coming here for a holiday or looking at it as a wedding venue then just go for it - you will not regret it. Peter and his team have created a truly magical place.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank GrumpyTravelerMan
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I arrived alone at Cola beach this year in early April and was immediately welcomed, not only by the owner Peter, but by the current residents.

The place is pure bliss. Tranquil, beautiful and breathtaking scenery.

The tents are basic, yet functional, with toilet, shower, bed and other small pieces of furniture.

Residents are invited to dine together, which as a lone traveller was great for me. The food is fresh and local and delicious.

You can spend your days relaxing on the beach, getting a massage from the neighbouring resort, boat trips or chatting with your host Peter. Locally there are great places to eat if you do decide to venture outside the tented beach area. The only real reason I am loathed to talk about this place as I liked it to be my little secret. Really couldn't fault this place and wouldn't want to either.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I think we all dream (when we win the Lotto !) of escaping to a wonderful idyllic paradise with lapping waves, swaying palm trees, hot sun and golden sands where we can enjoy peace,tranquility and total relaxation !
For me Cola Beach is such a place ....and the great thing was that I didnt have to win the Lotto because its such an affordable price .
I just loved my beautiful tent....particularly the bathroom...what a joy.
I loved everything....the bliss of living on the beach (and having such comfort), the warm sea, the tranquility....the total relaxation.
My every need was met by Vixen and his helpful staff. I am dreaming of my return and I cant wait ...particularly as the winter descends on Europe. Enjoy !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yes, it's definitely one of the nicer places in Goa. And it is very calm and relaxed. However, there are quite a view points they could improve for the price they charge. First of all the food. It's tasty yes….but very simple. Then the environment: clean up behind the kitchen tent! They should also take down some of the coconuts from the trees. This can get dangerous, specially when there is light wind. The missing quality could be improved with very small effort. You just have to do it! Like at many places in India it's all about good management! Change the manager and change the attitude!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My OH and have been twice now but didn't get to visit Cola this year but we are looking forward to our next visit which we are hoping will be in 2013, we cannot recommend this wonderful place enough, tranquil setting, gorgeous Rajastani tent accommodation and Vixen and his crew are warm,friendly and attentive , food is lush!! a place away from the hustle and bustle of Goa. My fiance proposed to me on that very beach ( just by the big rock) he said to me he couldn't think of anywhere more perfect and he sure is right. Roll on our next visit. see you again very soon hopefully. Claire and Colin.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Tubki Resort
Anantra Sea View Resort
Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
Dwarka Eco Beach Resort
#4 of 149 in Canacona

Been to Cola Beach Exclusive Tented Resort? Share your experiences!