“Get the feel of Goa”

Souza Lobo
Ranked #5 of 422 Restaurants in Calangute
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned traditional goan restaurant specialising in seafood and goan food with live music every night,situated right on the main calangute beach.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This restaurant has been around for ages—my parents came here on their honeymoon—so it was on my check list for Goa. There are several beach shacks around but Souza Lobo by far has the best ambience. The music they play is pleasant unlike the bass-heavy tunes that the shacks around prefer. If you're lucky, they also have live music and dance some nights. We chose to sit outside, because of the nice sea breeze. The service was a bit slow. We ordered prawn and butter garlic squid and crab starters. They were delicious. For the main course, I had Goan sausage fried rice, and my friend had Goan fish curry and rice. The two were delicious, but the quantity could have been more. I do recommend this for enjoying good food and drinks by the beach.

2  Thank Tanika63

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I could finally visit Souza Lobo this time since I always missed it in my previous trips. We didnt try too many seafood dishes except prawns, and found it to be quite good. Drinks are slightly on the higher side. Tables are well placed with a good view of the Calangute beach. Service is good. Staff is reasonably friendly. They accept cards which is a good thing in Goa! Worth a visit I would say.

1  Thank abhijeetkol
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Souza Lobo is the best place to have goan food... One meal in goa has to be with Souza Lobo... Be it Goan Prawns Curry... White Snipper... Fish Vendaloo... It is becoming difficult for me to write... Each dish I am writing and it is reminding me of the yummy food... Well for vegetarian - it is also the best place... half of my family is vegetarian but they too love to go to Souza Lobo...

Reviewed March 27, 2014

To put in few words, it is a gastronomic paradise for sea food lover. You should try the Kingfish in Raichad masala(spice) if you like it hot and Goan. The fish in Goan curry was an absolute delight. The surpirse element is the desserts, try any and it will not fail you.

We tried a the chicken in green masala, honestly it was passable. You dont go to Goa and have chicken. The lobster was raided and completed in no time.So, you can imagin how good it is. The crab meat we tried was soft and succulent.

The service was an equal delight, helpful for someone who is not a regular with sea food. The place lives up to the legend of one of the finest Goan food in North Goa.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Availability of the Seafood cuisine was a relief and most shacks and restaurants had the basic king-fish or basa to offer but at Souza we were treated to list of prawns,mussels,crab,squids and fish!