“Good value for Money!!”

Santiago Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 125 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very well located, we booked this property as it had good reviews on TA and also as we got a good discount. Hotel after initial decline and some persuasion was also kind enough to reschedule our booking due to a medical emergency. Santiago has good location, friendly staff, clean rooms and a nice pool. Its menu and services are also very correctly priced. The spa was closed when we went but looked nice from outside. Breakfast is average and could be better. It would also help if swimming pool was opened for a longer duration especially early morning. Must recommend if getting this hotel for <2500rs inclusive of breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a poolside room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ashishlath

Reviewed October 21, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was looking for a Hotel in North Goa which is i. conveniently located near Baga and Calangute Beaches, ii. offers a comfortable stay iii. provides good service at a fair price. Having stayed in 5 Star and Deluxe Hotels during the last 30+ years, I had a lot of apprehensions while booking this Hotel. Luckily all my apprehensions turned out to be false and I enjoyed my stay in the Hotel Santiago (aka Santiago Resort). I had booked this Hotel through Goibibo.com and of just Rs. 5331/- (INR) for 2 Adults for 3 Nights inclusive of Breakfast and all Taxes [~13.5 USD per Adult per Night]. I got a confirmatory call from Goibibo as well as Text Messages for my Booking. On the first day, I intended to check-in late at around 9 PM after going to a few beaches in South Goa straight from the Airport. I called the Hotel to reconfirm my booking, my call was taken by a very polite Ms. Janet, who assured me that a good room is already blocked for me and that I can check-in late. Locating this Hotel may be a bit of a problem for your Cab Driver at night. The Hotel is located approx.70 Meters in the lane opposite the BagaDeck Pub and Restaurant (3 minutes walk) at Calangute. The Hotel is conveniently located 1.2 Km from Titos Night Club, 1.5 Km from the Calangute Beach and 2.1 Km from the famous Brittos Restaurant and Baga Beach. We checked in late around 9:30 PM and were greeted by Samir at the Reception Desk, who was aware of our Booking and the Room booked for us.The check-in was smooth and took hardly 5 minutes. We were told that the Restaurant is open up to 10PM and we can place our order for Dinner. We intended to eat out, so we did not eat at the Hotel's Restaurant that night. Our Room on the first floor was Pool facing and was more like a small Studio Apartment comprising of Two Small Rooms; a Bed Room and a small Pantry cum TV Area with a Diwan/Single Bed. The Room was Freshly Painted, Absolutely Clean and had a Comfortable Bed. Running Hot and Cold Water were available in the Bathroom. A Mini Refrigerator and Coffee Maker were provided along with Tea Bags, Instant Coffee and Milk Pouches to prepare Tea/Coffee as and when required. Coffee Pouch Refills were available in plenty and were immediately refilled upon request. It was raining, I opened the Pool facing Balcony Door and a few insects flew in. I requested for an Electric Mosquito Repellant, which was immediately sent to us. The Air-Conditioner was functional and efficient and we had to switch it off after a few hours due to the pleasant weather. Next day morning it was raining when we got up and I was greeted on the phone by Ms. Janet. I found her to be very Courteous and with a very Positive Attitude towards Customer Service. The Hotel serves Breakfast in its Pool facing Restaurant. It was raining in the morning and the restaurant was about 30 Meters away from our Room. For our convenience, Ms. Janet first sent us an Umbrella and later took the customer service gesture forward by taking our Breakfast Order on phone and got our Breakfast served in the Room itself. Impressive! We were carrying some medicines which required refrigeration, I requested Ms. Janet to ensure that the Refrigerator was not switched off while we were out. We did not spend the day in the Hotel and came back to the Hotel after Dinner, to pleasantly find our Room Absolutely Clean, Refrigerator Working and a Mosquito Repellant plugged-in and powered ON. Very Impressive Service for a Budget Hotel. I noted that the Room had all the amenities which one could ask for, however a few things were installed out-of-place; like the TV is not in front of the Bed. A few other small things can be improved viz. i. the Sockets for charging Mobile(s) are not conveniently located and if you have to charge your Camera's Battery, you have to remove out the Kettle's Plug ii. the Bathroom Door could use a Door Closer (although it has its own Ventilator and does not emit any bad odor) . We did not ask for a Multi Socket Plug; which could have resolved the charging issue in a minute. The Hotel serves Breakfast to order. We had a standard Continental Breakfast; Omlette, Butter, Jam, Toast and Juice on all three days of our stay. We were not let down. The Quality or Quantity of the Breakfast was absolutely fine for the price charged in the booking. The Hotel is a medium sized well maintained property surrounded with Coconut Trees. We had checked-in during Off-Season and there was little occupancy. We did not use its Pool however in spite of low occupancy the 6Ft. Pool was cleaned properly. The overall experience of our stay in Hotel Santiago was Very Good and perhaps could not have been better for the price. Many Thanks to Ms. Janet and Mr. Samir for their Hospitality and Excellent Service. I highly recommend Hotel Santiago to anyone looking for a Very Good, Convenient and Budget Hotel in North Goa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rakesh_Malhotra
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If u r 1st timer then spend some more money and book 4 or 5 star or its better to book guest house or room or bunglow on rent dint spend too much on hotel . Pool is small and timing is 9 to 6 .eat outside on small hotel. Gym is not there, alternate day they change bedsheet and towel and that also we told them every time ask for toiletaries , once kitchen is closed at 11 u will not get any thing .

Room Tip: Better go to guest house or bungalow on rent which is cheap and spend ur money in enjoyment
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dreamsleo14
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks just before Christmas 2013 and it was everything I hoped it would be. It's well located off the main streets and the markets. Probably the best hotel room I've ever stayed in. The overall decor and feel of the hotel is dated but quaint it was great and it served as an excellent base to explore Goa and India. Do not expect perfection, the lights do go out and you need candles at the ready but this just added to the charm of India in our experience. Staff are faultless and you end up feeling like your leaving friends. The food was amazing every night and I stayed with my Husband and our 6 year old little boy they were happy to make anything he wanted, again faultless. Anyone concerned about taking young children don't be Goa is full of beautiful people. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed August 18, 2013

First time in Goa and could not have stayed in a better hotel/location. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious and is perfect distance from the madness of Baga! Could not recommend this hotel enough. The food is lovely and all of the staff are excellent and very helpfull.

There is so much going on in the day and night in and around Baga.

Be sure to visit Anjuna Market, Curleys beach bar in Anjuna, go on the jungle book shore excursion and take a day trip to palolem beach - all amazing places to go!

Room Tip: Pool view room :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank seamonkey90
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been to the Santiago on a number of occasions and have never heard of anyone having anything taken from their room, why woul you want to leave anything in your room there are safety deposit lockers available so you have no need to leave stuff in your room, I have left gold jewellery in my room and some money it's never been touched.
The manager Raj is a lovely person and would do everything in his power to help you as he has done in the past with me, he looked after me the 1st time I went to the hotel on my own after my husband had died and still does now every time I go over, please do not let one bad review put you off this hotel as it is a truly wonderful place to stay, all of the staff can't do enough for you, I am going again in December and April and I can't wait.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo