“Good Food”

Sharanam Green
Ranked #80 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We haven't stay in Sharanam Green Resort, during our Goa Visit, but we really enjoyed our lunch over there, which was really good. Their service was really good. We got all the South as well as North Vegetarian food ( we were 50 people) within short time. The restaurant is small and it was the only difficult for our team as some people could wait for next batch to have lunch due to lack of space. But it is not their fault.

we didn't stay there. So no commends for rooms and other facilities.

I will recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Food is really good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HappyvalleyT0urs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed November 30, 2012

nice hotel espesically good for vegeterians and jain .location is only 5 minutes walk from calalngute beach, and other vicinites such as market, restaurants is also very near, staff is helpful
we reached at 10.00 but were accomdated for 3 hrs in other room. swimming pool is clean and has plenty of greenery around .food both punjabi and chinese was great ,but break fast was not upto mark .Found food to be of much better quality than adjacent shree sagar and etc...
only negative food cost is a bit higher something equivalent to mumbai restaurants .
had a great time with family and enjoyed. would return soon

Room Tip: do not take package tour, deluxe rooms are great no need to book a suite if u r 2 or 3 persons inste...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mihmeh
Mumbai
Reviewed November 15, 2012

While expedia has done a fantastic job of getting me a decent deal, I guess I made a wrong choice of this hotel. Starting from the fact that I was possibly given the best suite (2 Rooms) looking the swimming pool still I found the rooms to be of very average comfort. For some strange reason they do not have the proper locks in the main door. You just have to rely on a small lock which was grossly inadequate to hold the door, which by the way was holding on only one hinge. (Remaining hinges were broken). Locks are so old that you can set up a competition to unlock the door in less than 5 attempts.
Swimming pool was too deep for small children (>6 feet on one side) and was not more than 10 meter in length. I am not sure if it was hygienically maintained as all the 5 days that I stayed there I saw nobody even bothering to clean it. Forgot to mention that the water had a foul fishy smell too.
My deal came with complementary breakfast and except for one day I had to venture out to get a decent-happy face service breakfast. I guess hotel staffs were given to understand that they should make the complimentary breakfast experience so appalling that the guests look out for other venues. I also noticed that after a day or so when the hotel was running in full capacity the hotel guests on complementary meals were asked to avoid going to the attached restaurant as their 'COMPLEMENTARY' meals were arranged in another hotel room, where they were required to have their breakfast-Lunch-Dinner on given stools (without tables).
Food quality was very ordinary so after trying it for the first day, we avoided the food completely. There is a awesome restaurant 'Kebabs and Curries’ nearby for the people who do not mind paying extra dime and can have vegetarian food in a mixed serving eatery.
The only thing that I liked about this place is its location. It is 10 minutes’ walk from Calangute beach, but given a choice I will prefer to stay more closer towards the beach as those hotels are not at higher price points compared to this.

Next time, I will probably avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chunnoo_no1
Reviewed October 15, 2012

i visited this place in around aug 2012,the average tariff they take is around 4000rs and this place is not worth it. all iron work is rusted and looks filthy. was very disapointed with the looks and they dont even have double beds they join 2 single beds to make a double bed , no lifts no proper room service dont go ......plz

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank abhijeet1384

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed with my family on our trip to goa. this trip was a nightmare. with this visit,no more visit to goa anymore.we had booked on a package tour in which breakfast and dinner was included,however we where sereved food as if we are eating food for free, with wild faces. the room which we intially stayed was having all sorts of creatures and insects, after couple of arguments the room was exchanged. I prefer tourist to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Joseph S
Reviewed July 23, 2011

A very nice stay..
My Fiancee and I stayed here for 3 nyts and 4 days.. Our stay here was really good. Very courteous staff.. they helped us out in all ways to make our stay comfortable.. Rooms are beautiful and swimming pool is the attraction of the hotel.

The only thing which made us feel a bit negative about this hotel was its complimentary breakfast.. they promised us a fresh buffet but offered only 3 items served on the menu without a choice.. Overall it was a good stay.. we enjoyed totally.. :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bhanupriya g
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed in Sharanam green for 6days and stay was superb.location is near Calangute beach..5minutes walk.Its on main Candolim road.resort is nice,rooms are good and clean.management was nice and they helped us in every way including arranging for trips and two wheeler as well.
overall stay was comfortable.food was awesome.bit overpriced though,but valuable.
will recommend and will visit again. ...:)

Room Tip: Pool view in simply nice
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple