To be honest I checked quite a few web sites before finalizing my bookings, but what really strike about King Stork is there is hardly any -ve comments in here. I was bit confused but, it was cleared when I landed up @Kingstork.
The owner Stanley is a Gentleman and will try to do everything possible in his way to make you comfortable though, I didn't have much interaction with his wife Ruenna but talking to her for few minutes will give you an impression she is too quite cordial. It's always good to see a owner warm and cordial, it gives you a feel that things will be fine if you have any problem in there. I have just visited this place with my wife and to tell you a fact, I was to check out at 10 am in the morning. But then my Bus was around 6 pm in the evening and since there was no Room's available in the Resort I was wondering what to do the whole day, mind you it was quite hot outside. I spoke to Stanley about this, but understood his helplessness. But then as one room which will only fill later in the night, he gave that room for me and my wife to use that too refusing to take any Charges. It was simply a gesture which we shall remember.
About the place, well it is an excellent place and that too in quite a decent range and the best part is no Brokers and no bookings done through these so called 'Sites'. You can directly mail to the owner and he will reply you back soon wit every details. The rooms are excellent, in fact quite brilliant in the manner they are kept and managed. Neat and clean, which gives you a certain 'feel-good' factor once you enter into the room. The pool is neat and clean, you can always take dip if you want.
The Resort is just 2-3 minutes walking distance to Calangute beach, which I liked very much. Also, the resort is surrounded with some excellent eateries like Le Jardin, Au Reverie, Maggie's. In short you can stay in the resort and can walk juts 2 minutes to find a place to have your food. The resort's in house Kitchen is not bad either. They give you excellent complimentary breakfast and have very good menus to choose from in terms of Lunch and Dinner. You should try the Grilled Baby Shark. The people from the kitchen are also cordial, Kiran, Jivan they are always there to help you out in case you need anything.
For me and my wife it was amazing 3 days, not disturbance, no annoying bell ringing at the door, calm, quite and serene. We loved every bit of our stay and we shall come back again next year. I know all I have to do is just drop a mail to Stanley and knowing the person he is, he will do the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 'Kingstork Restaurant' was established in 1968 by the Ferrao family at Calangute, Goa it was moved to its present location in 1999, where it has continued to flourish as the Kingstork Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Kingstork Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingstork Beach Hotel Calangute
- Kingstork Beach Resort Goa/Calangute