“Worst holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Paradise Village Beach Resort
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hello!
Village Paradise was my First preference if have to go to goa because it has some special moments for our married life, but not anymore. We stayed from 22 April to 25april
This is the review what I can give you in regards to Paradise Village Calangute goa. I did a booking from Mumbai as I saw an Addvt. In Mumbai mirror for Rs. 5000/- for 2 nights and 3 days with food package for 1 person with transportation from Mumbai-goa Mumbai. My wife did a deal with Ms. Vidhya Chavan from( hotel and more) for Rs.9600/-for a suit room without food for 3 nights and 4 days. We checked in on 22nd April at around 0900hrs and I informed the reception that I want a front side room they said yes for the same but when giving the rm the gave me a room which was inside ( corner)room and in front of the room they burn the waste products and the room was not that nice. Then they allotted me D/6 which was little better than the previous one but had no choice as no rooms were available I had to take the room after checking in the room I find the hot water was not working the boy who came with us also tried and told me he will sent the engineering person for the same then I noticed that there is no minibar and when I was searching for the telephone I find the telephone not working, I had to use my mobile phone to call up the front office to inform the same. But that was not that fruitful; I went out for breakfast and came till that time nothing was fixed up. I personally went to the front office and informed the problem then after 30 minutes a person comes for the same. After that I call up the restaurant for some beer and French fries and was informed that the order will take 30 minutes I told the person to get the beer first the beer did not come for 30 minutes when I checked the person told that he is leaving with the beer and I can see the person coming towards the d type. The person who was carring the beer does not know where the d/6 is. Than after 5 minute I find the waiter wandering around I asked if is looking for d/6 he say yes, I told the person to come up Then I check with the restaurant how much more time it will take for the French fries the person says it will take another 15 minutes as the chefs are busy with other work. I told the person the if I don’t get the fries in another 8 minutes I want the restaurant manager or the gm in my room. The fries were served in flat 8 minutes.
At around 1100hrs a person comes with the keys and started opening my room. The room was double locked from inside he opened the room with his keys and said sorry and went off. Luckily my wife was in the bed room. Then the housekeeper and the supervisor came to check what had happened they promised for a change of room by 1300hrs as it did not happened till we reminded them at around 1630hrs in between I asked the restaurant for 2 more beer the person can with the beer my wife told the waiter to put the beer in the minibar the just shook his shoulder and informed that it’s not his duty he can’t touch the minibar this happened in front of the housekeeping supervisor. He was surprised to see the same. When I checked the a/c it was pathetic the socket was burnt and the wire was removed and kept I tried fixing the wire a switching on but could not do the same, than I had to call up the engineering dept for the same
On 23rd we went to the restaurant for breakfast as it was included in the package there was puri baji and various other thing .As Indian breakfast was there my wife wanted some onion with the puri, I asked the waiter for the same he flatly refused for the same. I told the waiter to charge me for the same; he went to his captain and informed the same, the captain also did the same. I was surprised to hear that onions will not be served in spite of telling that they can charge for the same. After a while the captain was called and asked he informs that as a practise onions are not served in the breakfast , I told him that when u have onions on the tray kept by the chef for omelette he can very well serve me some from there, He said that you want onions I will serve you. This is the same person who (captain) refused first. Now my wife told him that she doesn’t need it. I checked with the staff if I can speak to the manager I got a reply that he comes by 1500hrs After my breakfast I called the reception from my mobile to speak to the GM of the resort I was in transferred to the Front office manager and was informed that the GM will only come by 1100hrs and after that she will have a meeting till 1400hrs and after that you can meet her. I told the person to fix an appointment for 1630hrs and call me for the same I also informed that I am a guest and staying in B/3. At 1630 neither I could go neither there was any phone calls from the front desk. At around 1815hrs I go to the desk and checks for GM I was informed that she is busy in the meeting. I left a message that once she is free gives me a call. There was no call or any message. I and my wife left the reception and went out of the hotel and came for dinner in the restaurant we ordered our drink and food and had it and went to the room. I wanted to have some more drink in the room and wanted some ice as the mini bar was not filled neither the freezer was defrosted for ages I asked for some ice and a Pepsi I was informed that the ice will be charged I told no problem be u cam have a look at your minibar and than charge for the same. the server came with 5 cubes of ice in a Collins glass and a Pepsi and asked me to sign the bill when I saw the bill I was surprised to see the bill for 5 cube of ice they charged my Rs20/- ++taxes and it was mentioned as ice bucket I showed the person the minibar, he immediately called the maintance dept and informed about the defrosting of the machine , the person from the maintance department comes at 2220hrs for defrosting the machine and as wife was sleeping in the bedroom i told him to defrost the machine in the balcony he was telling me how can that be possible that has to be done in the bathroom only I had no option but to allow him for the same.
The next day in the morning we went for breakfast and found it was egg burji as it contained tomato in it I requested the person if I can get an omelette without tomato first he refused for the same but I requested and told him that my wife is allergic for the same he agreed for the same. In the evening at around 1800hrs we can back to the hotel after our bike ride my wife checked with the reception about the availability of the GM it was again informed that she is in a meeting. My wife was given a visiting card and GMs email Id was hand written on it and told that she can write to her on the mail I d. My wife checked with the person whets the name of the GM, the person inform her that he don’t know the name of the GM. During the conversation I was not present as I entered the reception I was informed by my wife that GM is busy. I checked with the person on the reception if the GM is not interested to meet the guest or you people are not passing the message or you are not allowing the guest to meet the GM. The person tells me that MD of the hotel is come and she is busy having meeting with him. Suddenly the front office manager comes out of her cabin and checks what happened. I informed her that I spoke to her the day before that and checked for the GM and had an appointment for the same she flatly denied, She said she never spoke to anybody on any matter. Then my wife and me narrated the whole story she tells us that if she had know these things she would have shifted us to the cottages for which I informed her that I am checking out the next day. She told us to wait for some time, we waited for almost 30 minutes while she was the GM and the MD in their cabin and discussion these things. We were called after that and we spoke to the GM and the MD but I did not find any REGRET on their face. We went to the room and switched on the AC as we had pulled of the wire to off it I tried my level best to switch it on it didn’t I called the reception desk for the same but nobody turned up I tried 38 no . no luck that a laundry boy came I told the problem he also tried no luck he called up 38 and the reception and at 2015hrs when everything went over my head my wife had to call up the GM on her cell that how everybody started working the maintance person came and was teaching how to switch ON and switch OFF the AC and if you don’t know how to operate you should call up the reception and take help for the same These were the sentence used by the maintance person in front of the FOM to a guest who is a repeat client to the property. I thanked the person for teaching me how to operate the AC.
But overall what i noticed was that there was no Sorry feeling for the management they are running the resort just for name sake for the past 13 years I have not seen any great changes except for 2/3 cottages which they are redoing it the management is not bothered to change the 1950 furniture neither the bathroom fittings ( You need a strong arms to flush the toilet) I have heard the staff telling among them self that in spite of giving a checklist of each room the management is not bother to do any changes. I thought that after speaking with the FOM and The GM and MD there will be some apology from the management side but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.The Management might have taught that I am a FREEBEE ( EXPECTING SOMETHING COMPLIMENTRY) sorry guys I have just asked for my rights I don’t think I have crossed my limitation I have paid for every service I have taken while the management have not delivered what they have to give like basic thing some WATER for the guest even if you go to a 1 star hotel they provide water on complimentary basis. Leave alone your 1950 TV they have flat screen wall mounted. The staff should be respecting the guest they should listen to the guest and then revert politely and not pounce on the guest first and teach the guest how to operate the AC and TV. That all I can say in this review. The Mumbai was also informed of the same still no answer from their side. SO FRIENDS PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU DO A RESERVATION AT THE VILLAGE PARADISE AT GOA IT WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Room Tip: So friends please be carefull when you do a reservation at the village paradise goa it will be at yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank susheer
ParadiseVillageGoa, Guest Relations Manager at Paradise Village Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Sir,

I believe you were on a package of Rs. 5,000/- with return Volvo Bus Mumbai - Goa-Mumbai. This was a very limited time offer and was one of our bugeted packages.

Unfortunately, we didn't receive any feedback from you or your travel agent until a day before your check out/departure from our hotel.

Also, we still haven't received money for your booking.

We have several other options of Super Deluxe Rooms or Beach Cottages where we have mini-bar and offer complimentary water on daily basis..

I would reccommend trying the other superior room categories.

Thank You.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here in the last week of March 2013. 02 Families with Kids.
Good to see the driver at Airport. Kids were happy & enjoying the evening, but as we saw our Suite rooms. Every body shocked.
First of all they have allotted different rooms other than we have requested a month ago.
Front office staff in the evening told us that they will change the suites next morning. But when we approach them next morning. Staff at that time changed & even GM plainly refused to help in this regard. However we come to know that suites which were supposed to allotted for us, were given to some group in the early morning. We manage some how with rooms.
Washrooms really bad.
Furniture of 19th century.
Spider webs in the corners.
Yes the house keeping staff was very good.
Now comes Restaurant... Good location, but they were serving very low priced group menu breakfast & dinner to all.
There was a waiter named Bhimraj who was cooperative & helpful, on the last day we met Chef & talked about this. Then only at least we get some good food.

Resort is at very good location, building structure is fine but room interior / facilities are worst seen in 3 star category.

I will suggest one can take small hygienically good hotel in GOA, but not this one.
Do not go on pictures they have uploaded. But see travelers pics ...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank BRTiwari
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So we had been to Paradise village in January 2010 for our honeymoon. the experience at that time was amazing... we were truly pampered.

This time, last year, we visited them again to revisit the honeymoon memories.... we took the same package we had taken on our honeymoon and hoped to have a similar experience but we were simply disappointed.

First of all they forgot to pick us up from the airport which caused major delays as we had confirmed pick-up arrangements the night before our check-in.

Then, when we finally landed at the hotel 2 hours post the expected check-in time which was also communicated to them the night before, our room was not ready and they had the audacity to ask us to shift to another lower category room till late evening post which they would shift us to the rooms we had booked. They cited housekeeping issues when in reality we saw a couple enter and exit that room post which we were given the room.

Anyways, we were tired and decided to let the day pass and start afresh the next day, but not before I gave them and their office in Mumbai a piece of my mind.

The room that we were moved into, which was part of the package we had chosen was not upto standard... it looked and smelt like a cheap motel used for you know what.

The toilets had stains and the dust-bins were not cleared so we saw used condoms thrown in them. The curtains in the room did not cover the expanse of the windows which had clear glass because they used single curtain instead of two on each window.

The next day we did not get hot water and the toilets refused to flush.

Then, they had no idea we had paid for our food package and the room in Mumbai itself and they would have to charge us incidentals... they charged us room rentals and took almost 3 - 4 hours to figure out that we had already paid despite us having receipts.

Overall it was a huge disaster.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to Paradise Village Beach resort.

Room Tip: Just don't visit this place... vacations are times you have to treat yourself to a little luxury...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank shirinquadros
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just got back home from a holiday in India. ( Yes it's raining ) Stayed in the paradise village Calangute. Check in no problem. 1st room offered toilet leaked when flushed, washbasin tap would not turn off. Was offered another room a day later, this was much better (room no E6 )
Typical Indian 4 star. Staff very helpful and willing, they even brought in an extra mattress for our bed.. Breakfast at the hotel as par with any other hotels we have stayed in.
Lot's of eating out places and bars to visit. East meets West. Top Nosh, Sea Shells, and for those of you who like a steak, Soumyens opposite Jambleshwar Temple is a must, also A Reverie. Lot's of beach shacks to choose from, we found Rovers Return a good one. ( Sunday Roast, and Steak Pie. Wow)
Have a nice holiday, we did.

Room Tip: E6 has a huge balcony and large rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Malblue
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I endorse the comments made by 'Dalkeithalan' and was extremely glad that my stay at Paradise Village was mercifully short (only two days) as part of a wider tour of central India. North Goa, and Calangute in particular, would not be my beach location of choice. Instead, I would head to South Goa, where quieter and pretty beaches exist and you can sip that cool drink without fear of your ears being assaulted by bad singing (I'm being generous by using the term as I also experienced the wailing karaoke).

Room Tip: Try and get an 'upgraded' room which are bigger and have a little lobby. They also might be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 944FrequentTraveller
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here for a week, easy check in, polite reception staff. The safe for the week was only 25 rp a day so worth having. The hotel room was typical indian, basic but cleaned every day and clean towels every day. A/C worked OK, we had tea/coffee making facilities in the room which was nice. A breakfast was included in the price of the room, fried eggs or omlettes, toast, and a selection of Indian breakfasts, different each day plus cereal. The location is excellent, beach to the back and the road to the town out the front. There is a swimming pool which is clean with sun loungers and towels available.Taxi's are numerous and cheap. The pub/cafe opporsite is called the hungry horse where you can get a very decent curry, english food and a sunday roast should you be craving home cooking! All very reasonably priced. The rovers return on the beach is worth a visit, if you buy a drink you can use the sun beds free. On the whole a good place to stay, I would stay there again. Only down side was it advertised wi fi but the whole week we were there it wasn't available. There is a internet cafe over the road where they also change money, it cost 20 rp for half and hours internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank witcheshouse
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The fact that The PV is in the process of being refurbished is very much in its favour and adds much to the resorts appeal for the package tourists demands. Why people travel to an exotic country like india then proceed to eat pizzas and have karaoke nights or the dull thump of R&B music or 80s american rock blasting out continually only yards from guest rooms is a real puzzle to me but each to their own. The studio guest rooms are adequate but as stated only yards from an area used for entertainment and food so not conducive to restful evenings sipping a drink on the balcony. The housekeeping staff are a credit to the hotel and its location for sun worshippers who go to india purely for the climate and a sun tan and the warm sea make it perfect for those who are looking for them. Where it went wrong for us was the drunken wailing of the Karaoke participants and dreadful 80s rock (Bryan Adams amongst numerous others i think) played at a very loud level on most nights. We decided to leave and found ourselves an amazing place further down the coast with none of the crowds of the main beaches and food and drink that was so cheap we thought they had got it wrong at a nightly rate that actually left us with money to bring home at the end of our holidays. This was our personal choice and no reflection on the PV or the people who stay there. So in conclusion not for us, If i want noise and beer bellied karaoke and pizza (not that i ever would) i think id be heading to the infamous benidorm because thats what it feels like at the refurbished Paradise Village Beach resort

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends