Ticlo Resorts
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Citrus Goa(Calangute)
$63
Kingstork Beach Resort(Calangute)(Great Value!)
$36
$60
$56
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Calangute Towers(Calangute)(Great Value!)
$52
  • Breakfast included
Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort(Calangute)
$45
Agoda.com
$23
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewscalangute beachvalue for moneylive bandbars restaurantsswimming pool is smallliving roomnice experiencefridgebeachesdeluxebangoperative
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014

it was our first outing after wedding & we wanted to have a resonable resort cum hotel in goa for us and here came our option.. TICLO..

It was wonderful stay there. Hotel is very good and service are wonderful. Breakfast is best for ever. Great for staying is goa and excellent room. Environment was great and food was classic. Next time i will sure be here

we had nice time every evening with live music, and lovely bar!

An unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vibha123
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent location - walking distance to Calangute beach and market. A bus or tuk tuk drive to Baga and Candolim beaches. Rooms spacious and clean. Decent Goan food. They have live entertainment most of the evenings.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank apintolobo
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We forgot the key in the room and they don't have other one. We have to wait 1 hour for the manager to go in our room. We will never come back.
Wifi is never working !!!!!!!
The refregirateur in the room is very noisy.
Only toast and the/coffe for breakfast, you have to pay if you want eggs... in others hotels it s all in.
The swimming pool is under the sun only until 4pm.
If you want your room cleaned, give the key to the reception. They never say that to us.

Well, i don t recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Justine A
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having read the many bad reviews on the Ticlo resorts hotel I was DREADING going but I can honestly say that this was not a beer swilling hell hole as some reviews have reported but I suppose this is just luck of the draw. However there are plenty of Russians in this hotel which is the same in all the hotels in Goa nowadays. As Goa is over run with the Russians but apart from that the hotel is fine clean staff very friendly., my room was clean every day you just need to hand your key into reception. The safes are cheap 50 rupees a day my tip take your own padlock or you will need use one provided by the hotel. the hotel is 500 yards from the main Calangute beach and is very central to both Baga beach and Candolim beach. I cannot comment on the food as I didn't eat in the hotel at all.
If you want to meet long stay Brits, European national and local Goans try the public bar on the main drag to the Calangute plus it one of the cheapest places to drink in Calangute be sure to get there early as the place is reasonable small and gets packed.

Room Tip: ask for a poolside room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank quietman1971
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Arrived at the hotel to check in to be greeted by the most miserable reception staff imaginable. No welcome and no offer of information given. First impression was that the hotel looks absolutely nothing like the one on any website the place is a run down dump. The photo used on web sites must be at least 10 years old as the place is filthy and paint peeling off on all the walls. After being checked in by the most miserable person alive we had to carry our own cases to our rooms (if you have been to India before you will understand that Im not being fussy here this is the norm in an Indian hotel the room boys take all your luggage and you tip them) The rooms we were taken to smelt terrible. On inspection the walls were all damp and the pain peeling off. The hallways leading to the rooms were dark and smelled vile. It reminded me of a hostel for the homeless. The room had a well stocked mini bar which was the only plus side to the room other than that it was dark, dismal, smelly and damp. I complained to the reception and was offered another room in 2 days time to which they kept their word and I was moved to a brighter larger room. The only downside to this one was the bathroom window was broken and had a 2"-3” gap down it that let mosquito's in when you put the light on so I had to burn a mosquito coil every evening to stop my room filling up with them. The bar in the hotel was manned by a further selection of non smiling miserable staff with the one exception a guy called Joshi who was very friendly and helpful; we sat chatting to him every evening before going out. During our stay we spotted near the kitchen two rats that were the size of a small cat I swear on my mother’s life these were real and are not made up they where HUGE my friend screamed at 2am when walking back to the room when she saw them on the path in front of her. Yes I also know this is India I have been about 15 times but Im just saying what we saw. Breakfast was tea or coffee and toast. Anything else you had to pay for so we ate at the beach shack every morning. Even more so after seeing the rats near the kitchen no way was I eating the food cooked here. We even passed on the already paid for Gala dinners on Xmas eve and NYE and ate out. The one plus point is the location as it’s near the roundabout in Calangute near shops but that’s the only plus point. The place needs a severe overhaul with a lick of paint and staff training in customer service. Just for the record I work for a large hotel group here in the UK so I am not just griping Im giving factual information here, this place could be fantastic due to its excellent location if the owner spent some money on decoration and improvement and sorted out the staffs severe lack of customer service skills.

Room Tip: Block 7 seemed to have better rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends