We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Check-in was a horror. From the moment I landed, the unfriendly front-office staff kept on reminding me that I have to pay the 'balance amount' of Rs 10000 in full, upfront, before I could be given any room. The hotel took the payment in credit card, but after charging a silly 2% 'service fee'. This was non-negotiable with them, even in today's times! The front office is managed by 4-5 kids (not joking) who have no idea on how to manage a hotel.
I had booked two rooms (4 adults + 1 child), and to be on the safer side, I had booked the Executive Room (highest category). From what we got, I wonder what the lower category rooms were like! We got the rooms in some remote corner of the resort, since "everything else was full". THERE IS NO VENTILATION IN THE ROOMS. So, you have to keep the AC on for your full stay. We later managed to get the rooms changed the next day, after a lot of requests. Transfer of the luggage was another struggle, and for a while, none of us knew where our luggage was!
The complementary breakfast is sad. There is hardly any spread. Expect one or two main dishes for breakfast. When you have breakfast, expect a Sardarji gentleman who is supposed to be the proprietor of the hotel, who will bug you will questions about "your experience in this hotel", and take down notes with an important look. But don't expect any action from that!
Any kind of housekeeping request (even simple ones like refilling the drinking water) had to be made at least thrice on each occassion.
The front office staff is unskilled and rude. I was made to wait a full half-an-hour while checking out, as they tried to locate a room service bill of Rs 60 for some tea they had provided. Mind you, this was AFTER I had settled all bills in the morning of the check out, including tea bills. I ultimately stormed out without paying this extra Rs 60 (as the bill could not be located), but the hotel guys again called up later, saying that they have later located the bill. Tired of speaking any further with them, I sent the cash through my taxi driver.
For the price I paid (Rs 17000 for 2 rooms for 3 nights), it was not worth the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beach, at Estrela, your presence is celebrated, your individuality recognized and your tastes remembered. Our staff pampers you with impeccable service and showers you with undivided attention. The spotlight is always on you and your needs. This unconventional approach is the reason why your experience at our hotels and resorts is always full of champagne moments and sweet memories. Come, get used to stardom! The bright, cozy rooms, Swiss cottages & luxurious sea view cottages feature satellite TVs, minibar, hair dryer, electronic safe, tea-coffee maker, etc as well as DVD sets in some rooms. Free Wi-Fi in all our restaurants. Most of the rooms feature private balconies. Swiss chalet-style cottages offer garden views and some include sunloungers and bars. Room service is available 24/7. There's an ornate restaurant, as well as a beach eatery featuring live entertainment. Other amenities include a playground, a rooftop terrace and an outdoor pool with dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Hotel Calangute
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort Calangute
- Hotel Estrela Do Mar Beach
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort Goa/Calangute