““Estrela is a super star Excellent Resort"”

Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
goa
““Estrela is a super star Excellent Resort"”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

estrela do mar resort is very very nice resort in calangute beach, I stay other hotels in calangute but something special facility provied me.. make my holyday very enjoyable.. ) Staff is really very nice polite and the service is “ Excellent”

*Specially "captain mr bikash" who really makes me comfortable some spcial care at this resort.

location is very good food also good,
next time will go to goa will b here again me my wife &family.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
Goa, Philippines
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We really enjoying in Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort , Very charm full staff, The best thing is they serve breakfast on the beach and night time candle light dinner on the beach side. The Resort is situated in between Baga and Calangute beach , it is 7 minutes walking distance to go baga and Calangute. The best thing is Beach huts with nice staffs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Nice hotel to stay. Very good location. The best was the breakfast they serve at their beach restaurant , very good menu chosen and it was just superb. Rooms were clean , spacious and with very good amenities.Our room was facing the swimming pool and the pool was also very well maintained. A Russian lady coach was teaching swimming to hotel guest. Very nice and I and my wife really enjoyed. But they need to improve on their in house dining. GOOD Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jalgaon, India
Reviewed December 10, 2013

the location of the resort is absolutely cool & calm which provides a wonderful break from the regular hassels of life. the staff of the resort is highly courteous. the food is really a delight even to people like us those who are vegetarian. overall wonderful place to stay in goa and purely value for money.

Room Tip: go for any luxury rooms all are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 9, 2013

booked the hotel through make my trip.....Great location right on the beach... superb clean rooms.... great room service. breakfast could be better...helpful and cheerful staff...worth the money spent...

Room Tip: stayed in excutive room....spacious, clean and neat
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rajkot, Gujarat, India

Dear holiday lovers,

I have visited recently Beach resort Estrela Do Mar in GOA.
It was a superb experience & I have enjoyed a lot. Hotel location is very good as well as it's food.
There is little bit problem in service department but overall experience was nice. Next time when i visit to goa surely i will go to Estrela Do Mar resort.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Delhi, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2013

After reading such a long list of bad reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to cancel my booking. But after talking to my Makemytrip.com agent Gurmeet, She said the resort is good you must visit for once at least.

I must mention the following good points of this resort:-

1) Location is superb only 2 min walk to beach (between Baga and Calangute beach, nice and less crowded).
2) Beach is not so crowded as compare to other.
3) Food is really very good except prawns.
4) Staff is really very very very polite and the service is pretty fast. SPECIALLY "Ashish" from orrisa, who really makes me comfortable at this resort. So kindly call this boy for room service. He is a trustful person.
5) Locker in the room.
6) I lived in Luxury room so the room is quite good I rate it 4.8/5.(.2 I reduce for widows locks Which I complaint, Guys please check the windows locks first as in my case its being opened by applying a little pressure on it, So they change it within 30 min of my arrival which was really appreciable).

Main season to visit this place is November, December, January and February.

Scooty/Bike are easily available at 250-300 INR only (Petrol rate at my time is 60 INR).
Car rate might be 800-1200.

The only thing I was not satisfied is the rate as:-
1) They charge every thing at the RATE * 3 (ie 10 INR water bottle in 10*3= 30 INR).
2) Same in case of wine, soft drinks, chips etc etc.

My suggestion is, Please go for the market where you can get those things as on printed rate.

Rest every thing is good Your family and love once will be safe here and enjoyed a lot. I visited for my Honeymoon So I was satisfied what they provide me during my stay (29 Nov 2013 to 5 Dec 2013).

I will not give any suggestion for Beach cottages as I didn't stay there. And please avoid to go GOA in rainy season.

One more thing is the video available on YouTube is little disturbing....But please avoid this as the guest miss behave with the staff girl I think(this is what resort people said to me).

HAVE FUN GUYS.............

Room Tip: Prefer 1st floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank divyu02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
#6 of 64 in Candolim
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!