“A hidden Gem!”

Casa De Goa Boutique Resort
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have stayed 4 nights from 2nd June till 6th June .Initially we were not sure how this hotel is , as we have booked reading reviews from TripAdvisior .But I must all the reviews were right. Check in went smoothly and host offered to give us upgrade to Villa at additional price which we could afford and we took upgrade to Villa. The moment we stepped inside Villa we knew that was the right decision. I strongly recommend if you are not on budget then you must go for Villa , I feel even if Villa is little bit above budget you should consider upgrade to Villa as every bit of money spend on Villa is totally worth it.
As soon as we checked in Mario called us and asked if we would like some Sandwiches.
The sandwiches were very delicious and filling and this was great start to our trip. Living in Villa is totally kool with you own butler for service, this meant we never have to worry about getting up early just to have breakfast. You can have breakfast served into your room till 4pm ! that was really good, so whenever we got up we just ordered breakfast and it was delivered right into our room. Breakfast was very nice and has lots and lots of options. Apart from this they have small coffee machine in your room just in case if you want to have coffee. Every small request of ours was attended to detail. Every time we went out room was cleaned to perfection and spotless. Rama and Mario was very helpful, specially Mario was very very helpful in suggesting right from where all the Restaurants are and how to find out way in and around also where to find rented vehicle and all the small things where we needed suggestion .Special thanks to Mario you made our trip memorable and also special thanks to all the hotel staff in attending every small request of ours to detail and treating us like king and queen.
Location of this hotel is also very good as there are lots of good Restaurants/pubs and vehicle renting place near by at walking distance and also we felt very safe walking in and around hotel at any time of the day or night. We will definitely stay in Casa De Goa next time onwards when ever we visit Goa we are already missing Casa De Goa looking forward to next trip very soon ! Till then once again thank you Casa De Goa and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aak389
There are newer reviews for Casa De Goa Boutique Resort

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Lovely property, hospitable staff and clean rooms! The place is very well maintained, the staff is extremely helpful and courteous and the rooms are just splendid! Super clean, spacious, well equipped and comfortable! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Prerna J
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, as it proved to be a bit livelier than our previous hotels so it provided a nice change to northern Calangute.
The hotel was clean and the pool and area was a relaxing area to spend the day. The food and drink is also really, really cheap! It's also 10 minutes walk from beach which is handy.
The service was also to the same high standards I'd experienced right across Goa. The spa is also great, the treatments we had were amazing and terrific value.
The only negatives were that the breakfast area is small so it gets cramped at busy times and the a/c unit in our room was really loud.
All in all I thought this was a great place, would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheLordofBanter
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good clean rooms... Absolutely no parking space in case you drive down... Buffet breakfast is average ... Walking distance from Calanguth beach, even though they warned us not to use the narrow access after night fall... Calanguth beach is below average

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sunitfenn
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I m using the hotels WiFi facility to write their own review...sounds interesting coz complimentary WiFi is the only good thing that I have come across in this hotel. I have stayed in this hotel in 2012 too with my friend and because of my earlier experience i decided to spend 3 nights in this hotel this year too with my family... proximity to Calangute and Baga being its only USP. To my surprise, the quality of the hotel has deteriorated so much in just 2 years that i am forced to write their review while in the hotel itself... though i have already planned to check out tomorrow and move to a better hotel tomorrow. This hotel used to be a 3-4 star property earlier.. and now its not even worth a single star. When i checked in, i was faced with a weird situation... while i was filling my forms and completing the formalities.. there was one guest who was fighting with the hotel managment over some issue so loud that most guests had gathered in the lobby. though i kept my kool... i a double thought whether i had made a right choice this time as my family was with me. we were to shift in a five star in south goa after 3 days stay at calangute...that was the ultimate solace... so i decided to go ahead. when entered in the room ...a strange stench welcomed us... when i reported the guy told me that since room was not in use it had this smell... n he sprayed room freshener all over... in the morning at the buffet breakfast we could feel that it was no longer a "boutique resort" that they claim.. the spread was minimal... taste was mediocre and many items were missing and they could not replenish them. icing on the cake was rotten pineapples in the fresh fruit basket.... we then left for sight seeing... and to our dismay when we returned in evening.. the rooms had not been cleaned... the trash bins were full ...and the worst part was that my imported chocolates and sweets had been attacked by very tiny red ants...!!!! not only sweets red ants were there in bathroom too...thats when i decided to write this review...the people manning the hotel are friendly but inefficient it seems... despite several calls they dont attend to guests ... overall very poor service. last time they welcomed us with a wine bottle... and this time it was some cokum cruh or something... deterioration is visible..!!! god save this hotel..!!! i have already struck it off my list of places worth visiting.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank puneet752
Candolim1212, General Manager at Casa De Goa Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Mr. Puneet,

At the outset, let me Thank you for your patronage as well as for having taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor and leave your comments.

It is disappointing to note that we failed to meet your expectation during the recent stay. On behalf of the team please accept my apology for failing to provide you and your family with a memorable experience at Casa de Goa. I have briefed my team on your feedback and we are addressing all your highlighted concerns very seriously to rectify the shortcomings.

We do hope you will allow us to serve you the next time you visit Goa and change your experience for the better.

Best regards,

Wilfred Fernandes

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This boutique hotel is located just 5 mins away from the busiest Calangute beach. The hotel deluxe rooms and the villas and suits are separated by a narrow public road which is good. They both have their private swimming pool except that the suite area has a Jacuzzi as well. If you have the budget dont even think twice to book the suite. Its more personal and the hospitality is to some other level.
The staff is very welcoming and the food cant just go wrong in Goa.

Room Tip: Go for the suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ranishah
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderfully refreshing place! Casa de Goa is like an oasis of comfort, beauty and peace. Located right in the heart of Calangute, with the beach merely 5 min walk away, this boutique resort shines brightly for impeccable service, excellent food and friendly staff.

In the past, I have stayed at 5 star properties earlier such as Ramada, Taj and Cidade de Goa. While the other places were also very good, I found Casa de Goa better for the following reasons... proximity to the beach, price, warmth of the staff, cosy rooms with modern amenities. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms looked newly refurbished. All this for a steal...

And let me tell you one interesting fact that is special about Casa de Goa. Usually, in other hotels, the items in the fridge are marked up steeply so that the hotel can earn from the consumption of food and beverage. But very surprisingly, the prices of the food and drinks stocked in the room were close to the retail price with a very small margin. Which means you don't feel guilty for having consumed the stuff in the room. Hooray! I think this tipped the scales in favor of Casa de Goa.

We were so happy here that we actually extended our holiday for two more days. Now that's a first even for us. Casa de Goa is more than just a 4 star property. It's a home away from home.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SimranTrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
SinQ Beach Resort
#6 of 116 in Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#2 of 116 in Calangute

Been to Casa De Goa Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!