“Casa is nice”

Casa De Goa Boutique Resort
Ranked #3 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Casa resort is walking distance from the beach. The resort is nicely built and maintained. The staff is cool and behaved well. I personally loved the buffet breakfast and the sea food that the cook prepared. I just loved the spicy fish and ordered it everyday of my stay. Also bikes and cars for available for hire just next door so it resolved our transport issues also. Highly recommended for peaceful stays.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa De Goa Boutique Resort

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked the hotel last minute and never regretted it. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Calangute beach, restaurants and shopping stalls. The hotel is located on opposite sides of the road. Villas and suites are located on the beach side, are generally more peaceful and luxurious, have terraces and views of the pool. So, if you want a bit of luxury and romance in Goa go for a suite or a villa, you will absolutely love it. I don't know about the other side, but rooms (tv, AC, music and light) in suites and villas are controlled by integrated Ipad system which we found really convenient.

The hotel staff was very friendly, prompt and efficient. Everything was dealt with superbly.
Rooms were cleaned every day and clean towels, bottles of mineral water, coffee capsules (which is really important for a coffee maniac like me) and tea bags were provided every day.

There are always plenty of taxis outside the hotel which was a great advantage as we used taxis every day. If for some reason there is no taxi, the hotel staff will always help you get one.

One more point. Having travelled in India before we brought our own pillows. However, we were pleasantly surprised that we did not even have to take them out of our suitcases. The pillows were really soft and the bed was unbelievably comfy...

If we do go to Goa again, will definitely stay in this hotel again. It is indeed a haven of tranquil amongst the madness of Goa.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YuliaHt
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here with my partner for 1 week, from the 15th Dec, and could find no fault whatsoever. Nice clean rooms and pool, with towels, friendly staff and really reasonably priced food and drinks. We only ate from the menu a couple of times, but food was good and cheap. We loved the location with only a short walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. We had a peep at the suites and villas over the road in another block and would definately consider an upgrade to the pure luxury next time. Didn't use the spa so can't comment on facilities there. Taxis were readily available just outside the door and tuk tuk could be taken from the top of the road near to the Calangute roundabout. (about 5 mins walk) Candolim and Baga about 5-10 mins away in tuk tuk for 100 rupees approx £1.20. Recommend to eat at Redonda just on roundabout, turn right outside hotel, and o'pescadore on the Calangute/ Baga road a bit further up from the roundabout, for fantastic steaks in sauce or not, with all the trimmings for £3.00! It was our first time in Goa and we loved it, cows rubbish and all. Amazing!! Definately recommend this Fab little place.

Room Tip: We had a room at front of the hotel which could be a little noisy at times with outside traffic, but...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were at the Casa de Goa Boutique Resort from 22nd -24th DEC 2012, and we enjoyed the stay as it was a good option for a short duration stay located close to some of the popular beaches of Calangute, Baga, Anjuna.

The boutique resort has a great set of staff, some of whom I interacted with personally -Uttam, Trevor, John and at the front office, Gaurav. They are a cheerful lot and the bell boys and security personnel too were really resourceful and helpful.

The resort is in 2 sections, on either side of the road.Each section is built in a U-shape and is of 2 floors. The resort has a great pool right in the middle of the main section of the property and this is a great way to chill out if you have kids and for ourselves too..! They have a very good bakery too, since we got to taste their cakes as it was my daughter's birthday and we got them to bake a small cake for her. I enjoyed the cake must say and a big thank you to the staff and bakery since it was organised in 3 hrs flat ! no fuss either...

If you are the kinds who likes to come down early for your breakfast, the staff will ensure you are not disappointed, as breakfast is usually ready by7:45am and should be a good bet for those of us who would like to start our day early and soak in as much goan goodness as possible.

Coming to the quality of food and service, both are very good. I would not say excellent though. If you are the picky choosy kinds you may find some of their offerings too common for your palate. But if you wish to taste some really good Goan cuisine, then you will surely find it here, just ask John at the restaurant and he will surely suggest something to suit your tastes - I was offered the Pork Vindaloo and I found it too good to resist and am sure you will too. The location is in the heart of the market area around Calangute and since this is prime property it is also crowded, noisy - however, I was very pleasantly surprised that none of this really enters the rooms and the property is well shielded from such din - I am refering to the din of Christmas celebrations in the vicinity !!

Since we had driven in our own vehicle I was keen to provide a suitable night accommodation for my driver, but unfortunately the prices were skyrocketing and a single room accommodation in a nearby local lodge was available at INR1000, that is USD20! that is not a cheap option - so if you have a driver, please make sure you caution him that he will have to spend the nights in the car itself.

All in all the stay was enjoyable and must thank the folks at Hotels.com, who helped me with this booking and I would definitely recommend that you too book through Hotel's.com since they offer soooooo many options, I was truly lost yet they do help you with simple arrangements like an extra bed, food quality, view from the room, etc. Surely a value for money deal.
I would definitely recommend this property to all, quite a nice stay we did enjoy.

P.S:
I would sincerely recommend that the management of Casa de Goa to place a gratitude box at the front office as some of us felt we could not leave behind a meaningful tip for the staff.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on the first floor, it is better and has a better view of the property.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Overall I was very impressed with is hotel and considering we had just travelling from 4/5* branded resort in South Goa at more than twice the cost of this hotel, we were particularly impressed with the room.

The buffet breakfast was good with excellent variety, such as freshly made omlettes and uttapums (south Indian pancakes).

The distance from Baga Beach was about a 10/15 minute pleasent walk through several restuarants and shops.

I feel the hotel could have done a little bit more to control some of the rowdy tourists who obviously had a bit too much ale!

The only thing which annoyed me was the Rs500 for a lost key card. Having stayed in several hotels I have lost these plastic cards and I have never had to pay as hotels only have to reconfigure these keys which does not cost them much if anything. I felt the amount which is almost £7 was disproportianate. I would not expect to have pay that for an actual metal key.

After complaining they told me it was in the fine print i signed when checking in! I told them they should leave a large notice to bring it to guests attention and not expect us to read the fine print.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Loved this little resort in Goa. Came for a wedding in February and the team and hotel was brilliant. I review hotels based on location and what i would expect to be top quality based on myself being a hotel manager. The rooms were great, very comfortable and well maintained. Breakfast was excellent as was food anytime when ordered. Pool area very clean and the entertainment is what it is. Thank you all and hopefully be back here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 14 nights from 24 November 2012. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and spacious and were cleaned every day. We had a lovely comfortable mattress on the bed, the slimline TV had a few English TV channels and the fridge was extremely handy. The room safe was substantial and easy to use. Having a room on the ground floor, we had immediate access to a beautifully clean swimming pool. There was an excellent choice at breakfast and the omlette chef greeted us with a beaming smile every morning. In fact all the dining room staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to please and gave us an enjoyable stay. Dinner by the pool was either from the menu or you could choose your piece of fish to be cooked on the BBQ. All in all, the food we had at the hotel was very good. Proximity to the beach was a 6/7 minute walk down a quiet lane and the beach was not as crowded at the main Calangute beach in the centre of the town. We had a few nights when our sleep was broken due to foreign guests shouting, singing and clapping whilst sitting outside on their patio. Fortunately they only stayed a few days. This was not the fault of the hotel and we don't know if they asked them to be quiet. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor on the west side then it will be cooler because the sun is not on...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
SinQ Beach Resort
#7 of 116 in Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#2 of 116 in Calangute

Been to Casa De Goa Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!