We took 3 N 4 Days package from make my trip with break fast and got same for 2 rooms (4 Persons) @ 10,500 .We
started early morning on 27"th May 2010 from Thane at 4 A.M. and crossed Pune @ 6 A.M. with my new Honda City @ an
avrage speed of 80(peak 170 kmph on expressway). we stoped in the outer of pune on Satara Highway for tea. We
started from there after 15 minute break and reached Kolhapur around 9.30 A.M andd had breakfast on the way.From
pune till kolhapur highway is goo and we maintaned avarage of 80 (Top speed 140). From Nipani we took turn to ajara
and then samatwadi. Road is narrow though mainatined speed of 60 (top 80). We reached Hotel Neelam the Grand on
colungaute each around 1.45 P.M.
We got checked in immedieatly. The receptionst told that he is upgrading our room though we later realised that this
was not swimming pool facing room, though post seeing room we were statis fied as room was clean with all
facitlities which you can expect in the money you paid. Holel is 3+ star as the area of hotel is not too much but
They promise to have TEA maker in room though you will not find one and if reuired you have to ask for same. Rest all is aavilable (Shamppoo, clean towels, LCD TV, FREEZE, SPLIT A/C, HAIR DRAYER, Locker).
We have taken break fast included in package. Morning we got break fast. Clean , hyginic and good break fast. Don't expect five star break fast, but what you have paid (1700 RS per room per night) you get good break fast in same.
Over staff was very good, nice and supporting. Pool is not too big but decent enough to have fun. You can order drinks and smoke right there inside pool. You can hire cars and scooter just out side hotel. Also Calungute beach is 5-7 minutes walk from hotel. Over very good value for Money hotel during semi off season.
We haven't used Resurant nor ordered anything except few beers as we found the Menu prices were on higher side both on Drinks and food as compared to out side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute
- Neelams Grand