“Basic but what you need for a stay in goa”

Colonia de Braganza Resorts
Ranked #80 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Basic but what you need for a stay in goa”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My partner and I have stayed here once but are going back for a second time thus November , the 1st room they gave us which is in the initial check in block was really not up to scratch so we asked to be moved to a block by the pool, which the hotel obliged no problem and the room was a lot better , even had a lounge, separate kitchen, bit like a mini apartment , it was clean, serviced every day unless you said otherwise , staff like any in goa always friendly & helpful, the only downside was the pool, only word I can use minging , would not use it really could do with a good clean , but as we used the beach everyday really made no difference to us , hotel is in a prime location , walking distance of everything , all on your doorstep, so for a low budget hotel , somewhere to dump your suitcase, shower and a bed for the night ideal, like I said it's not that bad as we are returning . Ps pool area of an evening to have a drink was fine .

Room Tip: Please ask for a room by one of the blocks overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Emma C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We arrived at the hotel to find the receptionist was asleep behind the desk on a mattress. We then got given our room in block C and it was terrible to say the least, there was no hot water, no tv, no kettle and no air conditioning. Furthermore the electrics were hanging out and it was very dangerous. Also if you want to sleep forget it! from the noise of the busy traffic outside and motor bikes whizzing round every minute it was awful. Also beware of rats and cockroaches they are everywhere! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it is horrible it was like something out of a horror movie the manager should be hung,drawn and quartered.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Smilemaddie

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this hotel before i looked at the reviews, so I was preparing myself for a massive disgusting dive. It wasnt like how the reviews are saying at all. What planet are you on? You are in India after all, the rooms are basic but spacious and very clean. The hotel staff are lovely, friendly and helpful. I went for Christmas and they really make you feel at home. I had a late check in, they have a night porter plus 24 hour reception desk completely painless check in. After reading the reviews I asked for a room with fans in December and that worked fine for me, I stayed in 832 which was silent at night and very safe. A single female traveller I was concerned about how safe I would be, no need to worry but didnt go out at night as its pitch black after a certain time at night. I took my own pillow with me as I agree the pillows are hard, the beds are not very soft but i think thats how it is in Goa anyways. Foos is great, and brilliant location central. I would stay here again 100%

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jade G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This hotel is a typical 2 star Indian hotel. Staff are very pleasant rooms are very clean. If staying at this hotel don't stay in room 603 and the other rooms on that side as it backs onto the entertainment stage of the hotel next door and also the delivery bay of next doors hotel and they have deliveries all night long it was like being on a busy market. Sleeping will be a big problem. Food portions in the hotel are small unless you order rice then you get a massive portion. We found large roaches in our room when we woke on 2 accessions but I have to say that this is typical of India. Overall we had a great stay here and would definately come here again.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea3103
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It was late when we arrived and before we even got to the desk, the taxi driver turned down this alley that got more and more impassable. I became concerned that we may have taken our LAST ride anywhere. After our Goan taxi driver ask some locals where the hotel was, he had just passed the property by a hundred feet or so. The check-in was fairly uneventful but when we got to the room, there was a dusty, musty smell like no one had been in there in months. The bed and living space were fair, as to be expected, although a little old. Everything seemed to be very old, at least 1970's or older, and uncleaned, dusty. Two nights in a row, while taking a shower, the electricity went out, which was a little interesting. Only as we were leaving did I read a sign on the bathroom door that said don't run air conditioner and water-heater at the same time. Fumbling through the room in the dark to find the phone to call the office to fix the electricity was quite annoying.
There were nice stores and eating places within easy walking distance. We stayed gone from the hotel most of the time so I can't speak to the restaurant or pool or anything. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, boat cruises, churches in Old Goa

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jhgriffin3
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice locatoin for stay, staff is very obliging and frendly.
WIFI connection in rooms for a reasonable price.
Quick check in....5 minutes after arrival
Large and clean rooms without any smells
Basic furniture...but more luxury just dont needed when you living here
Everyday rooms are cleaned
Want to stay here again

Room Tip: Take a upper floor rooms, its more quiet and view is better
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MisterPaulGold
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking, big mistake! We arrived tat the hotel and they had no booking for us! there was broken glass all around the pool, rubbish everywhere... The room was ok, shower room wasn't! Stained orange walls, dirty floor.... This hotel would be perfect if they had a revamp!!!! Perfect for location

• Stayed November 2012