“Great Shack”

Prince of tides beach shack
Ranked #65 of 411 Restaurants in Calangute
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great Shack”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

First time at The Prince of Tides Shack and it will most definately not be our last. Set back from the main Calangute/Candolim road, there is long walk to the beach but it is signposted from the main road. We got here mid morning and just sat inside the shack for a while and people watched, watching the parasailing and the speed boats, had 2 x Tuna Salads and 4 x Sprite came to 420RS ( approx £ 4.20 ) went down onto the beach and sunbathed for a while, the shack dog came and sat with us for a bit and then the highlight of the day, was when the local fishermen brought in their boat and there was a long line of men pulling it up the beach, the children of the shack owner came out and were shouting ' Pull Pull ' and the rest of us were clicking away with our cameras, it was a great end to the day, We will be back next year. Thank you.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank SunseaGoa6667

London, United Kingdom
“best beach shack”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been coming to his for the last four years. I always come back to this shack, the atmosphere is great, the people are amazing and the food is beautiful. As I only eat fish there is lots to choose from, my favourites are the kingfish and tiger prawns which are by far the best here!. I eat here every lunchtime and its fantastic food. I also enjoy the tandoori especially the naans. I miss this place when I go home! This year I am enjoying the new hammock seats, so great to hang out here by the sea. I would recommend for a peaceful, chilled out day on the beach. Clean toilet and shower to!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank skinz2014
Tallinn, Estonia
“Seafood poisoning”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Had tiger prawns and squid in prince of tide few days ago. Food was tasty and service very friendly. However, the nice experience was ruined few hours later as I couldnt get off the toilet due to a really bad seafood poisoning.

Either seafood wasnt as fresh as I was told or hygiene in the kitchen was poor.

2 Thank Adriano_Tallinn
Paris, France
“Friendly Staff, Cheap (and good) Food.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff is friendly. The boy in charge is a wonder. The beach is a stone's throw away, and the place is really quiet.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank ashishnangia
Pune, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just the best - "Prince of Calangute beach"”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had lunch, dinner here at Prince of Tides for all the 5 days of our trip, the food was just amazing.. also the staff was too good & co-operative , also when we asked what are your service timings we just received an amazing reply that we are open 24X7 ... the best schacks ever.. best food , fresh fish, every dish served was a delight but best amongst them were Prawns Vindaloo,Prawns chilly, King Fish curry , A best place for a truly GOAN taste!!

• Visited February 2014