“Now that was a burger!!!”
Review of Tamarin

Tamarin
Ranked #8 of 409 Restaurants in Calangute
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TAMARIN is operated by 3 members of the Dar family, Jennifer, Bilal & Sayeed. The meaning of 'Dar' is home and we want TAMARIN to feel relaxed - just like home - whether dining or enjoying a light lunch or cocktail. TAMARIN offers dual cuisine's. Their award winning Mediterranean menu, encompasses the entire region from Southern Europe, The Middle East & North Africa with a very eclectic menu. TAMARIN also offer authentic Kashmiri Wazwaan dishes that cannot be found elsewhere in Goa. We have a passion for home cooking and produce almost all of our food on site, including bread, baked goods, yogurt and much more. We endeavour to source the freshest of local ingredients, only opting for imports when the local produce just won't do! A wide range of both India and Mediterranean wines are also available. TAMARIN have introduced a gourmet 'Deli 2 Go' offer so that you can enjoy their cuisine at home or at the beach. The offer includes homemade breads, pastries, cakes, sandwiches, salads, plus a select retail offer from some of Goa & India's finest gourmet producers.
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Now that was a burger!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Tamarin on our first trip to Goa after being recommended by my sister and her husband.It's a relatively new Bistro with a clean smart appearance with great decor,great service and better still,great food.
We first had lunch there and what a treat.I chose the Buffalo burger and was knocked out by how good it was,seriously good!!!
On our next visit I went for the Duck in pomegranate sauce and once again was blown away by the quality of the dish.Chose a very good Creme Brûlée as a dessert and certainly made the right choice,perfect.All washed down with Italian Lavazza coffee.Just in case you don't take my word for how good it is there,the Governor of Goa and even a Bollywood actress are regulars so it can't be that bad can it.Look forward to returning next year and will definately be having that Burger again,Until then,thanks to all at Tamarin and all the best for the future

Visited March 2013
TAMARIN-bistro, Owner at Tamarin, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Nick and Julie
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about TAMARIN. We are very glad you enjoyed your food and time here and look forward to seeing you again next season.
Kind Regards from all the team at TAMARIN. x

Cagnes-sur-Mer, France
“Second Time very nice ! Rectification”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

After my first visit the 23 february 2013 when it was a bloody sunday and à désaster. Jennifer the Owner invited me yesterday to apologize for what´s append last Time. And yesterday was fantastic ! The service was gréât. The food was very good. We had prawns in à butter garlic sauce and à good crostini to start. For the main bbq grill to share, that was fantastic ! We had à wonderful evening with good Music, good food and good service ! I going to Côme back ! Thank You to Jennifer and all the staff.

TAMARIN-bistro, Owner at Tamarin, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Nicolas
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to showcase TAMARIN for a 2nd time. We are glad that you enjoyed the experience and hope to see you again soon now that "Normal service has been resumed".
Thanks again from Jennifer and team TAMARIN x
West Midlands
“Tamarin - Excellent !”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Where shall I start? Everything my hubby and I tried at the Tamarin was to a very high standard. We originally went after reading a magazine article in our hotel room about the Tamarin which said the lemon tart was very more-ish and the coffee was the best in Goa! - It was sooo right. We went back many times - the tortilla with potato and capsicum, tomato bread toast and banana chutney was delicious. Pancakes, maple syrup and grilled pineapple, melon and banana - yum!, corned beef hash with 2 poached eggs on top, The mediterranean and Mexican mezze was superb. The cheesecake was sublime! and the bubble gum icecream was scrumptious. We had lovely meals there and the wine is good too.
What can I say about the coffee? I reckon it is the best I've ever had - anywhere! The staff are all very friendly and the setting is great, you get the whole experience at the Tamarin. It's opposite Holiday Street on the main Calangute/Candolim road - Try it and you'll see for yourself.

• Visited March 2013
TAMARIN-bistro, Owner at Tamarin, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments. We are very happy to know how much you enjoyed your experiences at TAMARIN and hope that we will see you again in the coming seasons.
Wishing you a very happy Easter from all the team at TAMARIN xx
Goa
“A gem of a place”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

If you like nice coffee and home made cakes try this place out.The selection of toppings for the cappachino's is a nice touch.The lunch time sandwiches are good value for money.
Nice feel about the place. It's clean and tidy. A lot of effort goes into producing nicely presented food. It's a little more expensive, then some other places. As long as the customer thinks it's worth it and the standards are kept up. They will return. I hope to work my way around the menu.Every thing sounds so nice.I have a food critic arriving in Goa soon.I can't wait for her to try this little gem in Calangute.

• Visited February 2013
TAMARIN-bistro, Owner at Tamarin, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Angela. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the TAMARIN and we look forward to you and your friends visiting us again very soon.
Kind Regards from Team Tamarin.
Harrow
“New eating house shows 'em how”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I told the owner and house manager Jennifer Dar that it was the best restaurant I'd tried in Goa for a while, and I was sincere. I probably went over the top with a buffalo cheeseburger, but then how could you overlook that on a menu. Figs in brandy were great, too, but more than the cuisine, the attraction of the place was the atmosphere. Silent and quick service, a beautiful cool and airy layout, and a warm feeling of welcome from Jennifer and her staff. Great place, and I'll be back next year.

• Visited February 2013
TAMARIN-bistro, Owner at Tamarin, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and can't wait to see you next season with our new menu.
Kind Regards from all at Team Tamarin.