“Nice Hotel”

Azzure By Spree Hotels
Ranked #12 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed January 10, 2014

bcoz its just worth.everything is just so perfect.location,staff,food,view,activies.im in love with it. if ur searching a hotel in this price range its perfect no second thoughts just go for it. one of the best hotels in goa

Room Tip: rooms wth ac
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Nikhil,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Azzure by Spree Hotels.

We are very happy to know that you had a memorable holidays with us and your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Its good to know that you found us perfect.
Team Azzure by Spree Hotels always try to give our best effort to fulfill the needs and do more to satisfy our valued patrons.

Do visit us on Facebook and be updated on activities, offers and events planned at Azzure by Spree Hotels Goa.............I know you will, however let us request you to spread a word about Azzure by Spree within your circles please.

Should you require any asistance please feel free to contact any of us or me directly....just give us a shout.....we are there to Do More !

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Azzure By Spree Hotels

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I went to azzure coz my friend Upendra Kulkarni heads it. I was not too sure of the whole experience as I was traveling with my wife my 16 months old kid and maid.. my whole experience of azzure after 8 days of stay is as following ;
Amazing decor, clean rooms, nice shower ( I like powerful water supply when it comes to shower bath), nice and clean linen, super comfortable beds, prompt service, clean pool, stocked bar with lots of jager meister available ;).. and the most imp of all bloody good food..
I don't write this coz Upendra is a friend.. in fact I am writing this almost after 6 months since I traveled to Goa.
I say this is a great place, coz I am a sucker for good things and a critic too.. The hotel doesn't have parking inside the compound but it's just adjacent to the property so no worry on that front.
I stayed right next to the pool and enjoyed every bit. .I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Ninjago,

Warm Greetings from the magnficent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa.
Your comments are indeed kind enough ,encouraging ones because of such reviews, we in hospitality business keeps our spirits high and always put our sincere effort to exceed all our guests expectations and try our best to remain consistent.

Your feedback has been shared with the team down the line.We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay , its good to note that you liked the hotel location, facilities, hospitality services and our courteous staff ..your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Azzure over Christmas 2013 & was basically very pleased with it, though as other reviewers have said, there are issues. The rooms are good, comfortable beds, adequate bathrooms, TV, Wi FI (not sure it works most of time) A/C and ceiling fans etc. Staff were with very few exceptions lovely. Breakfast excellent, food & drinks by the pool good, though watch out for added taxes on everything. Now, the downside!! As others have said, the music by the pool was sometimes at ear splitting levels but would be turned down if you asked, but our problems came from inconsiderate, rude & noisy guests. This is obviously not the fault of the hotel but ruined the second half of our stay & would, I'm afraid, stop me using this hotel again. We moved rooms once because the 3 adjacent rooms to ours seemed to think it was acceptable to let about 8 children run wild at about 2am, but having moved, the people on the floor above us also seemed to think that moving furniture about & shouting, banging doors etc was ok at 4am!! The corridors & stairs are all concrete & tiles, so the noise was unbearable. Such a pity because the hotel area itself is a little Oasis of calm away from the madness & mayhem that is Calangute. One other issue is the nice little pool which is fine if you like your swimming to be done in Arctic plunge pool temperature water!

Room Tip: One near no noisy guests - good luck
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Upendra_Kulkarni, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Nick,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback following your stay with us.

How ever it is sad to know that..the music levels and the other noisy guests disturbed you on couple of occasions, We are indeed very sorry for that.

We are trying to find a solution for the poolside rooms for the sound problem and soon will have something worked out on it.

About the noisy guest also, we do inform them to respect other guest's comfort, my sincere apologies for the discomfort you went through.
However I request you to give us a chance to do more for you to amke your next stay comfortable, I hope you will consider our request and I am sure you wont regret.

We will surely put our best of the efforts to rectify the area where we need to improve as you have mentioned...we take all the comments and critics very positively and seriously as it gives us a chance to better ourselves in all the aspects.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our first time in Goa and we were lucky enough to get our accomodation needs right the first time :-)
Only a couple of years old, really well maintained and an absolute pleasure to stay at.

After reading some mixed reviews, we were a little apprehensive. As it turned out, there was absolutely no need to be! The staff are young and enthusiastic, the rooms (while not huge) are more than adequately sized, beds are good, plenty of hot water, and a gazillion tv channels.

Breakfast is not traditional western, but be adventurous, its delicious and there is plenty of it.

Room service menu is comprehensive, tasty, and cheap.

Some would consider the location a disadvantage. For us it was perfect. Candolim, Baga and Calangute are all literally a 10 minute or less scooter ride away......or an easy 15 minute walk if you like.
Being located on a secondary road makes Azzure a quiet place at night and in the mornings.....not that Goa wakes up as early as many places!
The beach strip would get tiresome pretty quickly....it isnt what Australians expect...so being out of the "noise" is a good thing, especially for extended stays.

To sum up.....we highly recommend the Azzure by Spree. Australians will love this place. Not the cheapest, particularly in peak season, but a fantastic option. Highly likely we will be back.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room looking out onto the street, which we liked. Others may prefer the rear bl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonynNadine

Dear Tony n Nadine,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,
Hope you are still missing the good time you had in your holidays back home in Australia.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year again at your favourite holiday destination.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed in Azzure by Spree for a week before Christmas 2013.

The rooms are white and blue in a kind of nod to Greek islands. Our room had its own dedicated wireless internet access point and loads of Indian TV channels, as well as BBC News and CNN etc. Our Junior Suite had a separate room with a sofa but we only ever used that as storage for our luggage, nothing else.

The breakfast buffet was a highlight, and it was a real pleasure to get to taste Indian breakfast dishes. The idli with spicy chutney were a treat.

The bathroom in our room had limited ventilation which led to some stuffiness. An extractor fan would have worked wonders, but we just left the door open to let it air out.

Access to the beach and other places is easy either via walking or using the taxi service just outside the gates. The young men are friendly and offered their advice on our itineraries (plan Old Goa as part of a wider trip, it's fairly small on its own) and even restaurants.

Calangute itself is a resort town with all the attendant noise and hustle and bustle. If you want quieter, go to Candolim beach which is a short hop South, and cost about Rs. 250 for us.

I didn't try the food on offer at Azzure outside the breakfast, as we were always on the go. The menu looked good, if a little expensive. The poolside bar had the usual suspects in terms of drinks. If you have an adventurous spirit, try the cashew feni with lime and lemon soda.

Entirely courteous staff and good service. I'd recommend Azzure for someone who wants to get decent comforts at not sky-high prices.

Room Tip: Our room faced the property next door with a small path where people walking could potentially look...

Dear Notkaiho,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,

We will surely put our best of the efforts to rectify the area where we need to improve as you have mentioned about the bathroom ventilation of your room....we take all the comments and critics very positively and seriously as it gives us a chance to better ourselves in all the aspects.

Let me tell you that the food on offer in lunch and dinner is same as the food you enjoyed in breakfast...Infact there is a lot of variety and options available to choose from...so next time you come please dont forget to enjoy our Lunch & Dinner sessions...let us Do More to please your palate.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Staff shirts are branded "Do more" and that's what Azzure seems to be about. All the staff do more, to be personable, polite, welcoming and efficient. From a very early check in to helping with enquiries, friendly service at the bar to getting requested drinks at breakfast, all done with a smile.

A lot of reviews mention the location as an issue, not for us. Quietly tucked away from the busy parts of Calangute but walkable for loads of bars and restaurants, shops and the quieter end of the beach. Taxis are always available at the gate, and you can hire bikes, but one was certainly not the most reliable guy to hire from.

The hotel isn't perfect though. The music from the bar could be intrusively loud around the pool and sadly in our room, we stayed in block 4. We mentioned it several times and only after 2 phone calls one night did we notice it lowered to a more suitable level. If the management corrected this I'm sure the bar area and pool area would be used by more people. Also a broader selection of songs would help, it seems over the 2 week stay we heard the same 2 CD's on a constant loop.

The other issue was with prices. At first glance of the menu prices seemed broadly competitive with the area, add on the taxes that are already included everywhere else and the hotel loses out by some margin, almost twice as much. That said there was a daily "Happy Hour" that actually lasted between 4 and 9 that helped out with the pricing.

I've mentioned the noise levels of the bar music, there were other noise related issues. The stair wells had an incredible acoustic effect on the noise other guests made.......or other guests didn't show much consideration to others.... Children playing and shouted conversations all seemed daily happenings. A notice asking guests to limit the noise would help no end.

Summing up, a very good hotel that does a lot to ensure guests enjoy the stay but it could be so much more with very little effort.

Dear Paul,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,

We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay , its good to note that you liked the hospitality services and our courteous staff ..your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We will surely put our best of the efforts to rectify the areas where we need to improve as you have mentioned....we take all the comments and critics very positively and seriously as it gives us a chance to better ourselves in all the aspects.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Clean. Upgraded to a junior suite which is large and with a very comfortable bed. Good service. Noticed no loud music anymore so they have responded to feedback.

Not far from the beaches but calangute and baga are too busy with hawkers. Candolim is reasonable.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jazzy Yazz,

Warm Greetings from the magnificent Azzure by Spree Hotels and beautiful Goa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay wit us.

We are very happy to know that once again you had an enjoyable stay , its good to note that you liked the hospitality services and our courteous staff ..your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

As I mentioned in my earlier reply to many of our patrons like you that we always try to set our own standards and keep on improving ourselves and believe in organic , persistant self development.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year at Azzure by Spree Hotels Goa, your favourite hoilday destination.