“Santorini in goa”

Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Santorini in goa”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Azzure by spree was a truly delightful experience,though not on the beach but excellent ambience created within. A feel of being in Greece(santorini).The beautiful white and blue colours take you to santorini. Good hospitality excellent service value for money.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the pool and the bar if you are a early sleeper
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank murtuzashabbir
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Murtuza,

Warm greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

Its good to see your review here on Trip Advisor and the entire team at Azzure would like to thank you for the same, we are also very much glad and satisfied by knowing that you thoroughly enjoyed our Azzure Hospitality and were give you that typical "Santorini" feel as you precisely described right here in Goa.

Yes we tried to create a that Greek theme using white & Azure.

We believe Azzure By Spree is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land! With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Azzure Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

So on this note requesting you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family !

info.azzuregoa@spreehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Pune, India
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel through agoda after lot of research and reviews, and I am glad to say I made a great choice.
The overall area of the hotel is not too big, but the beautiful surroundings more than make up for it. Open fields on one side give it sense of calm.

The room was also excellent, very clean and well maintained. It was cleaned once a day and upon request. Next time I would like to stay in other types of room as they also looked quite inviting.

The poolside bar had great ambiance and feel to it, but I found the menu a bit lacking in variety. It's ok for occasional drink or two. The breakfast buffet was also decent, with wide variety of Indian and continental choices.
The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Even though our check-in was at 2 pm, we arrived early in morning at 10, but the staff allowed us to check-in as there were rooms available. That was a real nice gesture on their behalf

Overall quite happy with my experience and will definitely return some time soon.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drch7
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
"Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about Azzure Experience here on Trip Advisor.
It is good to know that you liked our services and we were able to keep up to it.

Getting such reviews gives us an immense satisfaction for the well job done.

We also found out that you would like to see more variety in our Bar Menu.....and let me tell you that we are already working on it to make it more lively and impressive, Next time you visit us you will find the difference in the same.

At Spree We always strive to DO MORE for our guests and also want guests also to DO MORE at Spree. Cause we believe Azzure By Spree is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land! With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Azzure Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We usually choose to rent private apartments but due to flight issues we ended up booking a hotel.
We arrived with no expectation a having stayed I a few hotels in the past and been underwhelmed.
Don't judge a hotel by reception, is my key message.
When we arrived it was stark, a bit scruffy and in need of a makeover. The guy behind the desk was coughing a lot but all in all was helpful.
We were shown to our room and the stairwell did little to lift my hopes but when our room door was opened I was very surprised.
The room was large, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bed was really comfortable and linen white.
The room was cleaned daily with clean bed linen and towels. We had bed and breakfast and the food was really good, omelettes etc on demand were great.
The only think that lets this hotel down is the bar, expensive and not very inviting.
The staff were friendly and polite , no issues at all.
This hotel is definately worth a look.
One thing to bear in mind is its location. It's quite a way out so you will either need a bike, which we had, or get taxis.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, we did and got a room with another room with a sofa in it so had plenty of Alec.
3 Thank chalie48
Dear Guest,

Its good to see your review about our Azzure Hospitality for your recent stay with us.
Let me convey my sincere thanks for recommending us here on Trip Advisor and giving us a chance to serve you the best of Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We are also feeling sorry that you could not get enough at our Eviva Bar & Grill since you found it not much inviting....Let me promise you that we will try to add up few more pleasant attractions in our bar and work towards betterment in all sense.

We are glad that you got an upgrade on request....As we promise to DO MORE at Spree , we always try to excel our Guest Satisfaction. It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guest and we enjoyed your presence with us too.

May I request you to spread a word of recommendation about our facility and services among your friends, relatives and family.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice Mediterranean feel to the property.

1. Great Location - nearly all beaches of North Goa - Calungute, Baga, Candolim, Sinquerim, Agoda are about 15mins ride by bike.
2. Nice & cosy rooms
3. Decent service - always looking to help us out whether it was availing taxi service to dropping us or getting bike rental.
4. Lovely new year bash - enjoyed the food, drinks, party and esp. fireworks

I must thank the entire staff of Azzure for making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are fantastic
5 Thank Abhishek S
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

It is truly good to see your comments on Tripadvisor about your recent Azzure Hospitality experience.

We are overjoyed to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our Memorable first lovely New Year's Bash to welcome 2013 filled with food spread, drinks, belly dance, Mediterranean theme & firework.

On behalf of entire Azzure family let me take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very happy , healthy & contentus new year. May the almighty bless you with yet another trip to Goa. :)

Also would like to express our sincere gratitude for choosing us and giving us a chance to give best of Azzure Hospitality.

bangalore
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in this property for 3 nights during New Year. Many popular hotels in Goa were going full or were overpriced. We checked the reviews of this property in trip advisor and decided to book. Usually we are used to staying in a five star so we were little reluctant. But, it’s a nice property with a Mediterranean feel. A lovely welcome drink was offered upon arrival. Our check in was very fast. We had booked a junior suite but were upgraded to their executive room (it’s the highest category). The hotel is very clean and well kept. The best thing about this hotel is their well trained staff. Food was tasty. The breakfast was good with usual options of corn flakes, breads; juices jam some non-veg, live counters for eggs, pan cake dosas, and more Indian selection. Breakfast was tasty and offered many varieties to Indian and westerns. Pool was clean, a nice lounge area near the pool gave a nice feel. Though rooms were small but had all the amenities in it. I must mention that their toiletries were nice too. Overall it’s a good place for a 3 star category. They didn’t cut corners to save money like many Resorts do.Only drawback we felt was that their rooms are not sound proof. So if you want to sleep a bit longer after a late night is not possible. You have the sounds of neighborhood rooster early morning. One afternoon we came back after a hot sunny beach outing to relax but the sound of the music from their bar near the pool did not let us sleep (starts from evening 4 o clock). may be they can do something to improve on this. However,I don’t mind going back to this property.

Room Tip: choose a room over looking the fields.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank mitBlr
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me convey my gratitude for recommending us here on Trip Advisor and giving us a chance to serve you the best of Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We are also feeling sorry that you could not get enough of silence due to sounds from neighborhood of rooster & music from our poolside Eviva Bar Grill.

We will try to work on the same and will come up with some better solution on it.
It was indeed a pleasure to have you as our esteemed guest and we enjoyed your presence with us too.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a remarkable time at the Azzure hotel.. ( local pronounce it as AA ZU RI ) when we decided impromptu to go to Goa on the 28th of Dec .. The Hotel is in the heart of Calangute but away from the maddening crowd that comes there during that time of the year..The rooms are nice and very well made, Spacious at the same time so so cozy.The staff is super nice, friendly and so welcoming .. you would want to stay back.. In all a wonderful wonderful experience.. Kudos to team Azzure.

Room Tip: We stayed at the ground floor which can get noisy if there is a pool close by... but one can try for...
Dear Guest,

Let me convey my gratitude for recommending us here on Trip Advisor and giving us a chance to serve you.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here during New Years time and I must say it was a very pleasant stay. It seems like a brand new property, and the staff was really helpful and sweet.

LOCATION
--------------
It is located near St Alex Church, and all the beaches (Calangute, Baga etc) are 2.5-3.5 kms away. But still the location is quite decent.
There are loads of Bike Rental shops right opposite the hotel so that's a plus!!

ROOM
---------
This is the best part about the hotel. The rooms are awesome and luxurious. I was about to upload photos but the rooms are exactly as described in the Traveler Photos section.
The bathroom too is quite decent.

VIEW
-------
Strictly choose rooms with Pool View. I was given a Non-Pool View room due to lack of availability and let me tell you, I hardly went to my balcony as all I could see is bushes, hedges..umm..don't know what to call it.

SERVICE
------------
The staff is very helpful and sweet right from the reception to the service staff.

SWIMMING POOL
-----------------------
The Pool is VERY SMALL, not like they claim its a huge one or something..all I am saying is its nice for a dip..have a drink or 2..but that's all it is for.

FOOD
--------
I only had the buffet breakfast here and we had a lot to choose from. The food was quite delicious. Basically it was like a proper 5 star buffet breakfast.

OVERALL
-------------
The property is not that big, like there are a lot bigger properties available for around the same tariff, I'd still stay, this place is very good, as the rooms a quite luxurious. Basically don't take it as a resort, take it as a hotel (again..not like they claim its a resort..just saying). You go out, enjoy Goa..come back to the hotel to rest, and you'll be assured of a very comfortable sleep!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the POOL VIEW!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Anchit,

Warm greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

It is indeed a pleasure to have your detailed review about our services & facility.
What we liked most that you elaborated the same point wise which will give a precise idea to all the readers and future guests of ours.

So very glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed during your recent stay with us on New Years time.

Azzure is a mid segment leisure boutique resort property where we always strive to DO MORE for our guests and also want guests to DO MORE at Spree. Cause we believe Azzure By Spree Hotels is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land! With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Azzure Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

info.azzuregoa@spreehotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
The Park Calangute Goa
#13 of 64 in Candolim
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#1 of 110 in Calangute

Been to Azzure By Spree Hotels? Share your experiences!