“A New Comfortable Hotel!!”

Azzure By Spree Hotels
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
New Delhi, India
“A New Comfortable Hotel!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here during New Years time and I must say it was a very pleasant stay. It seems like a brand new property, and the staff was really helpful and sweet.

LOCATION
--------------
It is located near St Alex Church, and all the beaches (Calangute, Baga etc) are 2.5-3.5 kms away. But still the location is quite decent.
There are loads of Bike Rental shops right opposite the hotel so that's a plus!!

ROOM
---------
This is the best part about the hotel. The rooms are awesome and luxurious. I was about to upload photos but the rooms are exactly as described in the Traveler Photos section.
The bathroom too is quite decent.

VIEW
-------
Strictly choose rooms with Pool View. I was given a Non-Pool View room due to lack of availability and let me tell you, I hardly went to my balcony as all I could see is bushes, hedges..umm..don't know what to call it.

SERVICE
------------
The staff is very helpful and sweet right from the reception to the service staff.

SWIMMING POOL
-----------------------
The Pool is VERY SMALL, not like they claim its a huge one or something..all I am saying is its nice for a dip..have a drink or 2..but that's all it is for.

FOOD
--------
I only had the buffet breakfast here and we had a lot to choose from. The food was quite delicious. Basically it was like a proper 5 star buffet breakfast.

OVERALL
-------------
The property is not that big, like there are a lot bigger properties available for around the same tariff, I'd still stay, this place is very good, as the rooms a quite luxurious. Basically don't take it as a resort, take it as a hotel (again..not like they claim its a resort..just saying). You go out, enjoy Goa..come back to the hotel to rest, and you'll be assured of a very comfortable sleep!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the POOL VIEW!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Anchit,

Warm greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

It is indeed a pleasure to have your detailed review about our services & facility.
What we liked most that you elaborated the same point wise which will give a precise idea to all the readers and future guests of ours.

So very glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed during your recent stay with us on New Years time.

Azzure is a mid segment leisure boutique resort property where we always strive to DO MORE for our guests and also want guests to DO MORE at Spree. Cause we believe Azzure By Spree Hotels is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land! With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Azzure Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

So on this note requesting you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family !

info.azzuregoa@spreehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Was at Azzure just for a night with family. It was truly an amazing experience throughout. Right from the Check in through dinner and check out..really a class apart. Kudos to the team for excellent levels of training and work ethics. Staff was very friendly and assured that we had a great time. Rooms were brilliant too. Great place, great people!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Mr Kalbag,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

It is good to see your comments on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at your Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We are overjoyed to know that you thoroughly enjoyed Azzure Hospitality with your family.
It was really good to meet you and know you. Hope to meet you again.
Getting a comment on services that too from same industry pro. is really means a lot to us.

So thank you very very much for your review and giving us a chance to serve you and your family.
Its always a pleasure to DO MORE for our guests indeed.

Can we also request you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last Thursday I tried booking the Azzure By Spree Hotel in Goad for 14 nights for my wife and I and two children. Agoda came out the cheapest by far so I went with them. Dates and rooms were confirmed by me and credit card details provided. I then received an email from them asking for copies of the credit card and photo ID. These were emailed on Friday. I then received another email saying that the copies were not good enough. On Staurday I sent perfect copies. I then received an email thanking me for this information but also to inform me that they did not have anymore rooms at the price stated and therefore I should go to the hotel site and select a more expensive room. I tried calling Agoda but you only get through to a machine which asks you for a booking ID and details of the credit card used. You are then told that they don't have a booking for you. You are asked to leave a voicemail, but the box is always full. I decided to call the hotel directly. I got a very welcome response fro Flavia in reception. I explained the situation and she offered me a good deal albeit slightly more than Agoda, but she did confirm that there was availability contrary to what Agoda said. As I can't get to speak to Agoda I can only assume that there method is to offer you something they cannot supply purely to get you on board. It makes me wonder whether I should ever use any of these discount firms again. I have now booked directly and am looking forward to my holiday, no thanks to AGODA!!!

4 Thank girardier v
Dear Mr. Girardier,

Thank you very much for your booking with us and your kind words for our friendly team member and also for recommending us on Tripadvisor.

We are eager to welcome you at Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa & we are very much sure that you will enjoy your stay because Azzure By Spree is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land !

With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

We are also sorry to know that you had booking issues through one of our business channel partner, we will make sure that your message will get conveyed to the concern.

So the Team Azzure is looking forward to welcome you to enjoy Azzure experience at your very own Home away from Home in Calangute Goa.

Requesting you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family !

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was there for a holiday with my husband ,kids and my father and mother in law,the staff took thebest care and check in and stay was made sure to be very smooth and comfortable,i highly appreciate their caring attitude.the junior suite room is an ideal concept for a small family.overall a nice place for a redfreshing holiday.

Room Tip: Junior suite room facing swimming poolis highly recomended
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Veena,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

Its great to know that you and your entire family had a nice & pleasant stay with us at Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa. Thank you very very much for your review and giving us a chance to serve you during your recent trip. Its always a pleasure to see you to DO MORE with us.

We try to explore all the possible means to please our guest and meet their needs and requirements.

London
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've divided my review into firstly about the hotel and room and secondly a few things I found useful whilst staying in Calangute.
1) I booked 6 nights as part of a part of a trekking holiday in India where I stayed in 4 different hotels and this was by far the best I stayed in. First impressions were good as the hotel is vnew (opened early 2012 I think) and hence everything is still very well maintained. In terms of location its a couple of minutes outside of town, down a quiet lane so there is no traffic noise etc. However it takes about 20 mins to walk to Calangute beach, but probably easier by cab as the pavements (or lack of) and traffic do not make it easy to walk. I booked a superior room which although a little small was clean and well presented and representative of the pictures on TA. Room amenities included a nice flat screen TV with lots of channels, an in room safe, coffee making facilities, a really comfortable queen bed with soft cushion mattress, complimentary bottles of water, and a good WiFi signal (I was able to stream video). Housekeeping were really good providing fresh fluffy towels daily and bed linen changed every second day. In fact on a day when I was not well and asked for the room not to be cleaned the cleaner looked really disappointed not being able to clean! The only downside of the room was I was on the first floor and the AC unit outside my room was a bit noisy so as a tip perhaps try for a higher floor.
Breakfast was good with a mixture of both western and Indian foods and a chef on hand to cook omelettes etc. This was the best breakfast I had whilst in India. Other facilities in the hotel include a very small gym area with a cross trainer, running machine and some small dumbbells located in the spa area of the hotel. A couple of PC's in reception for the internet although this is paid whereas WiFi in the hotel is free. The pool is nice and quiet although its small and tends to get shaded in the afternoon. A general theme for the hotel is that the staff are great and strive to provide the best service and make sure your stay is enjoyable. I would certainly recommend the hotel for anyone wanting to stay in Calangute.
2) Things you may find useful; A cab to / from the airport should cost you 900R and as the hotel is new its useful to keep their number handy so your driver can ring and get directions as a lot of drivers didn't know it.
A cab to candolim is about 200R and there are some quite nice eating options.
If the hectic Calangute / Baga beach scene is too much, try Anjuna beach (400R and 10 mins in a cab) which is a lot quieter and serene. Also worth checking out the famous hippy fair in Anjuna on Wednesday's.
Don't bother with Tito's, people only ever go once. Try Club Cubana in Arpora which is much nicer and free entry for ladies on a Wednesday.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor as they have less noise from the AC units. cab to / from the airport...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank JohnP72
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear John,

Hello !

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

Thank you so very much for giving us a chance to serve you and also for recommending us on Tripadvisor.

Azzure By Spree is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land!

It was really nice to see your elaborated and truly encouraging review with details thanks for sharing your Azzure By Spree Hotels experience with rest of the world.

I also came to know that the AC unit outside your room is making noise....we promise you it will be taken care of on priority. we need such reviews to understand where we can DO MORE better. and also to provide the best of our core activity which is Hospitality.

The Azzure team is looking forward to welcome you again at your very own Home away from Home in Calangute Goa and next time we will certainly try to give you more pleasant Azzure Experience !

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel taxi picked me up from the airport. Check-in was smooth. The room was very nice and clean, plenty of space with a strong air-con and a good sized bathroom. The room was cleaned impeccably, with cute animal shapes made from the towels (see photo)!

The most notable thing about Azzure is that the staffs' service was utterly outstanding. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. A bus tour was booked for me on my very short request, and the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure it happened and that I was able to get on the tour. The tour involved two boat cruises, the first seeing dolphins and the second with a stunning sunset. It also visited a lot of other great sites in Goa - highly recommended and thank you to Azzure for organising on short notice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank J T
Dear J T,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

Its great to know that you enjoyed our services in your recent stay with us.
Let me take this opportunity to convey our thanks from entire team at Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We were delighted to know that you liked our AC system which is intentionally kept Split system, we believe in having eco friendly systems yet give all the possible luxury services and we try to keep a choice for guests to choose from.

We would also like to thank you for your kind words for our team efforts...thank you for your kind gesture.

Appreciated your photo uploads of our well known Towel Art and facilities on this site, This will help other future patrons of ours to look at.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Visited this property during second week of dec 2012 and our experience was very good. I chose this property by reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. The hotel is newly built I believe around 4 months old. All the rooms are very good though I think superior rooms are little small, they could have removed the balcony here and made it bigger. Nevertheless everything inside the room is new. They offer free wifi which is always a plus. The breakfast and in room dining is also very good. The rooms are very clean and service is also very prompt.
Bike rent is just outside the hotel.
The hotel is about 3-4 mins drive from calangute beach but is at a good location.
We had a very nice stay here and would certainly recommend everyone.

Room Tip: rooms next to pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karan1981
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Karan,

Hello !

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

As you said we understand that it would have been better to have removed a balcony for couple of our superior rooms but I hope our rest of the services makes up with the space.

info.azzuregoa@spreehotel.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
The Park Calangute Goa
#13 of 64 in Candolim
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#1 of 110 in Calangute

Been to Azzure By Spree Hotels? Share your experiences!