“Too good for a relaxing holiday”

Azzure By Spree Hotels
Ranked #12 of 119 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was there for a holiday with my husband ,kids and my father and mother in law,the staff took thebest care and check in and stay was made sure to be very smooth and comfortable,i highly appreciate their caring attitude.the junior suite room is an ideal concept for a small family.overall a nice place for a redfreshing holiday.

Room Tip: Junior suite room facing swimming poolis highly recomended
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Veena,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

Its great to know that you and your entire family had a nice & pleasant stay with us at Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa. Thank you very very much for your review and giving us a chance to serve you during your recent trip. Its always a pleasure to see you to DO MORE with us.

We try to explore all the possible means to please our guest and meet their needs and requirements.

Requesting you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family !

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've divided my review into firstly about the hotel and room and secondly a few things I found useful whilst staying in Calangute.
1) I booked 6 nights as part of a part of a trekking holiday in India where I stayed in 4 different hotels and this was by far the best I stayed in. First impressions were good as the hotel is vnew (opened early 2012 I think) and hence everything is still very well maintained. In terms of location its a couple of minutes outside of town, down a quiet lane so there is no traffic noise etc. However it takes about 20 mins to walk to Calangute beach, but probably easier by cab as the pavements (or lack of) and traffic do not make it easy to walk. I booked a superior room which although a little small was clean and well presented and representative of the pictures on TA. Room amenities included a nice flat screen TV with lots of channels, an in room safe, coffee making facilities, a really comfortable queen bed with soft cushion mattress, complimentary bottles of water, and a good WiFi signal (I was able to stream video). Housekeeping were really good providing fresh fluffy towels daily and bed linen changed every second day. In fact on a day when I was not well and asked for the room not to be cleaned the cleaner looked really disappointed not being able to clean! The only downside of the room was I was on the first floor and the AC unit outside my room was a bit noisy so as a tip perhaps try for a higher floor.
Breakfast was good with a mixture of both western and Indian foods and a chef on hand to cook omelettes etc. This was the best breakfast I had whilst in India. Other facilities in the hotel include a very small gym area with a cross trainer, running machine and some small dumbbells located in the spa area of the hotel. A couple of PC's in reception for the internet although this is paid whereas WiFi in the hotel is free. The pool is nice and quiet although its small and tends to get shaded in the afternoon. A general theme for the hotel is that the staff are great and strive to provide the best service and make sure your stay is enjoyable. I would certainly recommend the hotel for anyone wanting to stay in Calangute.
2) Things you may find useful; A cab to / from the airport should cost you 900R and as the hotel is new its useful to keep their number handy so your driver can ring and get directions as a lot of drivers didn't know it.
A cab to candolim is about 200R and there are some quite nice eating options.
If the hectic Calangute / Baga beach scene is too much, try Anjuna beach (400R and 10 mins in a cab) which is a lot quieter and serene. Also worth checking out the famous hippy fair in Anjuna on Wednesday's.
Don't bother with Tito's, people only ever go once. Try Club Cubana in Arpora which is much nicer and free entry for ladies on a Wednesday.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor as they have less noise from the AC units. cab to / from the airport...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JohnP72
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear John,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

Thank you so very much for giving us a chance to serve you and also for recommending us on Tripadvisor.

Azzure By Spree is not just a hotel. It’s an experience. We call it a cruise ship on land!
With our DO MORE attitude we try to give best of the Hospitality Services to all our patrons.

It was really nice to see your elaborated and truly encouraging review with details thanks for sharing your Azzure By Spree Hotels experience with rest of the world.

I also came to know that the AC unit outside your room is making noise....we promise you it will be taken care of on priority. we need such reviews to understand where we can DO MORE better. and also to provide the best of our core activity which is Hospitality.

The Azzure team is looking forward to welcome you again at your very own Home away from Home in Calangute Goa and next time we will certainly try to give you more pleasant Azzure Experience !

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel taxi picked me up from the airport. Check-in was smooth. The room was very nice and clean, plenty of space with a strong air-con and a good sized bathroom. The room was cleaned impeccably, with cute animal shapes made from the towels (see photo)!

The most notable thing about Azzure is that the staffs' service was utterly outstanding. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. A bus tour was booked for me on my very short request, and the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure it happened and that I was able to get on the tour. The tour involved two boat cruises, the first seeing dolphins and the second with a stunning sunset. It also visited a lot of other great sites in Goa - highly recommended and thank you to Azzure for organising on short notice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank J T

Dear J T,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

Its great to know that you enjoyed our services in your recent stay with us.
Let me take this opportunity to convey our thanks from entire team at Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We were delighted to know that you liked our AC system which is intentionally kept Split system, we believe in having eco friendly systems yet give all the possible luxury services and we try to keep a choice for guests to choose from.

We would also like to thank you for your kind words for our team efforts...thank you for your kind gesture.

Appreciated your photo uploads of our well known Towel Art and facilities on this site, This will help other future patrons of ours to look at.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Visited this property during second week of dec 2012 and our experience was very good. I chose this property by reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. The hotel is newly built I believe around 4 months old. All the rooms are very good though I think superior rooms are little small, they could have removed the balcony here and made it bigger. Nevertheless everything inside the room is new. They offer free wifi which is always a plus. The breakfast and in room dining is also very good. The rooms are very clean and service is also very prompt.
Bike rent is just outside the hotel.
The hotel is about 3-4 mins drive from calangute beach but is at a good location.
We had a very nice stay here and would certainly recommend everyone.

Room Tip: rooms next to pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karan1981
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Karan,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

As you said we understand that it would have been better to have removed a balcony for couple of our superior rooms but I hope our rest of the services makes up with the space.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

we were a group of 6 friends and arrived here late at night at 2Am tired and were worried of long checkin process but were surprised to get the rooms literally straight away.The stay was quite amazing and was made really pleasant by the fine attention of the staffs and the management who always went out of their way to make our stay most confortable.We loved the Good food and would like to recommend the chef who always came out to greet us and cater for our needs even when many of the items were not in the menu.
We would also like to thank the GM mr Kulkarni who was always courtious and made us feel most welcome and who had also gone out of his way to accomodate our needs.
keep up this wonderful service and we will all be coming back every year.
Would most definately recommend this hotel to all my family & friends.

Room Tip: near the pool would be good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Mr. Dattani,

The entire team at Azzure by Spree Hotels Goa wants to thank you for your valuable feedback. Your comments are encouraging one and this how we in hospitality business keeps our spirits high and always put our sincere effort to exceed all our guests expectations and remain consistent.

Your feedback has been shared with the team down the line and once again all of us are very much thankful to you and your entire group for your encouraging & delightful words and also for considering us for the opportunity to Treat you with our DO More Azzure Hospitality.

We look forward to welcome you back soon at your very own Home away from Home in Calangute Goa where we promise you possibly an even better stay !

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had an exhausting months of work and went to Azzure for a much awaited break. And I landed in to the most amazing SPA in recent past. Has wonderful view from pool and very peaceful.

I needed urgent doctor on call which was very well supported by whole staff and team. Kuddos to fabulous hospitality and warmth provided by the staff.

A lovely small white place with average food, warm hospitality and supportive team. Have very warm rooms and lovely balconies and suit which easily hosted my family and had a great time.

Room Tip: Closer to pool! wonderful view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank neha6500

Dear Neha,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels family !

It is good to see your comments on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at your Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

We are overjoyed to know after a hectic work schedule you thoroughly enjoyed Azzure Hospitality with your family.

So thank you very very much for our review and giving us a chance to serve you, your family & friends !
Its always a pleasure to DO MORE for our guests indeed.

So requesting you to refer your Azzure By Spree Hotels to friends, relatives, colleagues & family!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

exceptional!!!! I stayed in Azzure in Dec and had a great occurrence This is remarkable property, pleasant hotel with very courteous staff………… Sure next time will chose only Azzure without any doubut........................

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Upendra K, General Manager at Azzure By Spree Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Girdhar,

Greetings from the magnificent Azzure By Spree Hotels Goa!

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you and also for recommending us on Tripadvisor. It was great too know that you enjoyed your stay with us recently, your encouraging words like exceptional!!!! stay in Azzure ,remarkable property, pleasant hotel with very courteous staff ......made entire Azzure Team felt special and excited.

At Azzure By Spree, we also want you to Do More. So, the next time you want to travel, don’t just stay with us … Spree!

The Azzure team looking forward to welcome you again at your very own Home away from Home in Calangute Goa !