Pousada Tauma
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Calangute
See available hotels
Horizon(Calangute)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsboutique hotelbeach restaurantowner nevillechirping birdstropical treesmain personbeautiful poolbreakfast and dinnernorth goavisit goacalangute beachjoshuaangelicaprivacyhospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2009

i had an agenda.....wanting to escape my life as i knew it, for 2 weeks, i wished serenity at my beck n call (yes!), a walk AT the beach that would not be more than a 5 min walk TO the beach, and, if i so desired, jump out of my loungewear and zip off to a local hotspot. pousada tauma was stupendously memorable. well appointed and rustic (though a tad over priced) rooms and unobtusive but attentive staff ...
vandana, mumbai

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I have to agree with GoGlobetrotting's review here - this place is OK, but not worth the prices it demands.

I came here during the rainy season. I was one of two guests during this period. Perhaps because everyone was taking a break, I found the service to be lacking overall, with a couple of notable exceptions: Matthew could not have been nicer or more helpful, and the chef Andrew (who may, by now, be working back in London) was both very kind and very talented.

Based on the TripAdvisor reviews of this place, I expected low-key luxury rooms. But the decor reminded me more of beachside motel than of boutique hotel. Sub-standard mattresses in the bedrooms, a small bar of soap for the bathroom. That's what you get at this price? It was, however, nice to have a sitting room in addition to a bedroom.

Perhaps when the weather is better and there are more guests, the place has a more welcoming atmosphere. But then, the prices are even higher and the rooms certainly wouldn't change. I couldn't recommend this place during rainy season -- not when true luxury hotels in south goa are going for $99 a night. These resorts, while not very personal, would at least have the advantage of more indoor space, and would represent a markedly better value than pousada tauma.

I am really trying to use my imagination to picture what other reviewers are talking about when they describe Pousada Tauma in such glowing terms. But all I can say of my own experience is that I'll probably choose somewhere else next time I'm in Goa.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
11  Thank SFVoyager
pousada, owner at Pousada Tauma, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2009

We thank Mr, Miguel Martinez once again for staying with us in the month of August 2008 and we do take all comments quite seriously of course. After the stay of Mr Martinez and inspite of the Global Meltdown and the Terror attack on our beloved Bombay City we were fortunate that many guests did stay with us and their glowing reviews on this particular site is a testimony of the services we provide .

We are aware that our rates are much more than the other 5 star luxury resorts and we are not comparing ourselves to any of these hotel in Goa. We provide another option available to many who don’t wish to stay in a big hotels.. The rates are confirmed with all our guests before they do decided to stay with us.

With regards to toiletries it is true that we do provide an Ayurvedic soap in all our suites, but also do make it a point to inform all our clients upon check-in that we do have a good range of Indian made toiletries which they can ask for and we promptly provide. The reason behind this being, most of our guest who do stay with us are used to their own brand of toiletries, which they do bring along. .It also means not having too many things lying around in bathrooms which are of no use.

We do consider our hotel as being small and we do provide luxury in form of space and our traditional Goan hospitality

Reviewed April 13, 2009

After finally having made the album of our last years holidays, I want as well to write a review about our hotel we stayed for the last 3 nights in Goa ... Pousada Tauma!
After a smal round trip through Karnataka and some days in the south of Goa, my friend-couple and I were looking forward to spend the last 4 days at Pousada Tauma. We have been there together allready one time in 2004 and since then my friend spoke again and again about Pousada Tauma. Usually he likes to check out new hotels, if he comes again to the same holiday destination, but not in Goa. For this holiday it was clear that we spend the 3 nights again at Neville's Pousada Tauma.
And it was again the same feeling after entering through the door ... we felt like beeing in an oasis after coming from the busy Calangute roads. And then the big welcome-smile from Matthew, who is working for Pousada Tauma since many years and of course the warm welcome from Neville made us feel a bit like coming home.
And as we knew the place and how everything works from the other time we spent allready here, we could just relax along the poolside, with the eyes looking up to the sky or walk around the property and explore the beautiful blooming flowers.
When it was time to feed the fishes, Neville called us to "help" him and we all sat there around the pond and were feeding the fishes ... it was soooo relaxing! After that we enjoyed an excellent dinner where we felt like beeing somewhere in a pavilion in the jugle with all the greenery around us.
At the end of our holidays, my friend payed the extras with his personalised credit card (that means, he could chose a personal picture to be printed on his credit card and he choose a picture of our 2004 holidays at Pousada Tauma) When Neville saw this credit-card, he was really amazed and it was one more prove to him, that we really like the Pousada Tauma ,,, sure it was not our last time we stayed here!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We stayed 3 days in this great place and we enjoyed every minute of it
Beautiful garden, big swimming pool, large well decorated rooms and the food is just delicious.
Extremely friendly peopple
We recommend this place very highly.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Our stay at this boutique hotel made our trip to India complete! Being able to rest and to enjoy the beauty of Goa allowed us to unwind and to get that deeper sense of a vacation. The service at the hotel was impeccable. Everything that one would need was always attended to immediately. Lounging by the pool or having scrumptous meals at the hotel were highlights of our trip to Goa. The owner was extremely helpful and provided us with absolutely perfect recommendations for secluded beaches, hipp shopping spots, or flavorful restaurants. My wife and I would definitely go back and have already recommended the hotel to our friends & family.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)