I booked a short trip to Goa at the end of April/beginning of May, and had foolishly taken advice from a work colleague to stay in another hotel in Calangute. I checked out after just 2 nights (my first hotel was awful) and came straight to Pousada Tauma after reading excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. Yes, it's more expensive than other hotels, but my goodness it's worth it. I was seeking peace, calm and tranquility to relax, and Neville has created the perfect oasis for just this purpose. Neville and his team (I met Matthew and Albino) were the perfect hosts for my 3-night stay, and are skilled in reading their guests to anticipate needs - they are always around if you need anything, but not at all intrusive if you want to chill out. Meals are very relaxed (eat when you want) and food quality was great. Neville went out of his way to help me with a personal request, and he even took me to see a beautiful church which he'd designed (it was opening just after I left). I was there in low season, so the hotel wasn't busy - I felt like a princess in a private palace! If you're looking for a noisy, beach party holiday, then you're in the wrong place, but if what you want is complete relaxation and calm, you would be foolish to go anywhere else in Calangute. Highly recommended, and I really hope to go back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Tauma is the first 12 suite Boutique Hotel to open in Goa in the 1998.Built from scratch from1995 on a two acre plot,it is known for our traditional Goan hospitality,with plenty of privacy ,lots of open spaces and a lush tropical garden .1)Room rates are inclusive of B'fast ,lunch or dinner, excluding the Tax's.2)We never offer packages and we never discount " one rate for all our guests " Requests our guests not call or emails for discounts,special offers ,packages etc.3)Meals are served keeping in mind that most of our guests enjoy the local regional cuisine, prepared from fresh seasonal produce,meals which are included in the tariff Lunch or Dinner are served in the hotel restaurant Copper Bowl and not at the beach front restaurant.4)We are not located on the beach ,but we have our own beach front restaurant "Pousada by the Beach " 2 km away from the hotel which is open from 11.am.to 7.pm.There is a free shuttle service to the beach and back . Pousada by the Beach has deck area with sunbeds,umbrellas shower and changing rooms.5) Yoga and Ayurvedic treatments are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Pousada Tauma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tauma Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Hotel Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Goa/Calangute