Possibly our best holiday ever!!! Pousada Tauma (or our little piece of heaven) was incredible. Everything from the staff, service, location, food, accommodation was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful hotel. Magnificent landscape personally maintained by Neville (the owner). He was always around to make us feel so very welcome. A very special person with a big heart and nothing was ever too much trouble. He has a small but dedicated team who are absolutely amazing. I cannot point out the individuals as they were ALL unbelievable. So very gracious, attentive but never intrusive.
I just love my food and this was the first time we've stayed at a hotel where we were very content to eat all three meals in the hotel. Chef Kevin is a master and I couldn't get enough of his peppered calamari. I was trying to find a way to smuggle him home with me.
The hotel has a magnificent beach restaurant/private beach only 1/2kms from the hotel. This is where we spent most of our days lazing around - eating and just taking in the gorgeous scenery - a little gem. We were always kept company by Biscuit (Labrador), who is so precious. The late afternoons were spent chilling at the hotel pool where you can spend hours taking in the beautiful view and listening to the cascading waterfall.
We were very sad to leave this beautiful place and will cherish the memories of our stay at Pousada Tauma forever.
Thank you Neville and team for making our holiday so very special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Tauma is the first 12 suite Boutique Hotel to open in Goa in the 1998.Built from scratch from1995 on a two acre plot,it is known for our traditional Goan hospitality,with plenty of privacy ,lots of open spaces and a lush tropical garden .1)Room rates are inclusive of B'fast ,lunch or dinner, excluding the Tax's.2)We never offer packages and we never discount " one rate for all our guests " Requests our guests not call or emails for discounts,special offers ,packages etc.3)Meals are served keeping in mind that most of our guests enjoy the local regional cuisine, prepared from fresh seasonal produce,meals which are included in the tariff Lunch or Dinner are served in the hotel restaurant Copper Bowl and not at the beach front restaurant.4)We are not located on the beach ,but we have our own beach front restaurant "Pousada by the Beach " 2 km away from the hotel which is open from 11.am.to 7.pm.There is a free shuttle service to the beach and back . Pousada by the Beach has deck area with sunbeds,umbrellas shower and changing rooms.5) Yoga and Ayurvedic treatments are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Pousada Tauma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tauma Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Hotel Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Goa/Calangute