We have struggled to find opening words to describe this beautiful boutique hotel situated in Calangute-Goa, beautiful, amazing, perfect are just some words that can be used. Anyone concidering visiting Goa must look no further, read no further reviews as this hotel has everything a guest could possibly want and a lot more you probably have yet to experience.
Its obvious that the very charming owner ''Neville'' has put much thought and effort in developing a paradise oasis for his guests with every little detail covered. The grounds are not only interesting but very well maintained, with daily attendence from cleaning through to gardening and security. The rooms are all separatley themed and a treat for the eyes, they contained everything needed for a comfortable stay and were cleaned every day with a fresh supply of linen, towels and water.
The hotel restaurant was simply divine, cheif Kevin cooked us superb meals everyday, we looked forward to food time! the calamari, their signiture dishes, their squid toast, I can go on and on.....we simply couldnt bring ourselves to want to eat anywhere else than here in the whole of Goa!
One person that needs a special mention is ''Matthew'' our waiter and general person in charge for looking after guests. This gentle well mannered man needs to be clonned and sent to all hotels in the world! we have never been served with such perfection and delicate manner, he wouldn't even raise his voice beyond a certain decibel or tone in fear of disturbing us or the wonderful ambiance the hotel surroundings offer. Matthew made us feel so special with his lovely service, flower arrangements and of course cocktails!
The hotel has recently started to develop a beach guest house which accompanies their private beach and restaurant, which the hotel offer a free shuttle everyday at your leisure. The beach is beautiful and the restaurant divine and the added bonus is you have the sweetest labradore ''Biscuit'' to keep you company everyday, I'm not a fan of dogs but I was quite tearful leaving Biscuit after 3 days, she's quite a character!
Overall, Pousada Tauma is a hotel in a category of its own, its special in every way and that's exacty what the guest feel after spending even a few minutes in the grounds. It has everything a guest could wish for and more. We would highly recommend it and will so to any one going to Goa, we certainly wish to return. Wishing the team every success, keep up the good work!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Tauma is the first 12 suite Boutique Hotel to open in Goa in the 1998.Built from scratch from1995 on a two acre plot,it is known for our traditional Goan hospitality,with plenty of privacy ,lots of open spaces and a lush tropical garden .1)Room rates are inclusive of B'fast ,lunch or dinner, excluding the Tax's.2)We never offer packages and we never discount " one rate for all our guests " Requests our guests not call or emails for discounts,special offers ,packages etc.3)Meals are served keeping in mind that most of our guests enjoy the local regional cuisine, prepared from fresh seasonal produce,meals which are included in the tariff Lunch or Dinner are served in the hotel restaurant Copper Bowl and not at the beach front restaurant.4)We are not located on the beach ,but we have our own beach front restaurant "Pousada by the Beach " 2 km away from the hotel which is open from 11.am.to 7.pm.There is a free shuttle service to the beach and back . Pousada by the Beach has deck area with sunbeds,umbrellas shower and changing rooms.5) Yoga and Ayurvedic treatments are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Pousada Tauma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tauma Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Hotel Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Goa/Calangute