Me and my partner stayed in the Santa Monica in November 2006, it was our 2nd time and we are going again in November 2007. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are clean, I must agree with a lot of the comments that it does need decorating, but to me a hotel in Goa is just a base and all you need is a clean bed and shower, and the Santa Monica is perfect for just that! I've had no problems with security but do take your own padlock and key for the safes. The location is great and it takes about 5 minutes to walk to the nearest shop/bar/restaurants and 15 minutes to walk to the crossroad at the Calangute to Baga Road. A lot has changed since my first visit to Goa in 1998 but each year I visit I love the place and the people even more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "If Goa is a near perfect winter holiday destination, Resorte Santa Monica should be your next choice. Comfortable and friendly, it is excellently located in a cul-de-sac, off the main Calangute-Candolim road. Not too far from the well-known St. Anthony Chapel in Calangute, yet close enough to the dozens of pubs, eateries and shops that dot the landscape. Here Goa's special local character can best be appreciated .The world famous Calangute beach is a mere 500 meters away from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Monica Resorte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Monica Resorte Calangute
- Santa Monica Resorte Hotel Calangute
- Santa Monica Resorte Goa/Calangute