Most of the reviews about this hotel are up to the mark, it is an average hotel with decent value for money.
I would start with the location, its approx 500 meters off the main road, located inside a narrow street (two cars cant pass in parallel), but most of the hotels in goa are situated in such locations only and its not one of those dirty streets, not very well lit in night though. Calangute is not exactly at walking distance (15-20 mins walk every time I want to go to beach is not my kind of thing), I rented an Honda Activa in 250 INR (its worth every penny..get one) and used it extensively around beach area and also in Panjim.
Reception area is neat, there is a locker room near reception, a locker can be rented for 40 INR a day (I would recommend taking it so you would not worry about your valuables when you are off to beach). There is a small collection of books in the reception area that can be used while lazying around pool sight. Pool is pretty small in size, depth is 5ft but it adds to the look of the hotel building.
Staff is average, on the scale of 10 I would rate them 5, if you are one of those guys who expects to be called as Sir you might be in for a surprise, staff normally talks in Tu/Tera kind of lang :D
There are dogs :) but nothing that scary; with the sound of A/C and ceiling fan barking does not bother much. One little piece of advise for those who want to use balcony; go for pool view, backside view sucks.
Breakfast is only bread/butter/jam and tea/coffee, I didn't like tea and coffee there. Except that food is decent (I am a vegetarian, so did not try other stuff).
About room, its basic like most of the things in this hotel. When you unlock the door you will find yourself in a room with two wardrobes, a TV (CRT-21"), a sofa set(1+1) with center table and a dining table. Attached to this hall is a bedroom, bathroom (with hot/cold shower) and a small kitchen (with a small refrigerator stocked with few beers/breezers/waterbottles). Do not expect exotic decor in the room, its pretty basic including furniture. Yellow lights give a dull look to the room.
So in a nutshell its not a gem but on the other hand I did not have any major complains as well. If you can get a hotel which is nearer to beach then go for that else this should fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "If Goa is a near perfect winter holiday destination, Resorte Santa Monica should be your next choice. Comfortable and friendly, it is excellently located in a cul-de-sac, off the main Calangute-Candolim road. Not too far from the well-known St. Anthony Chapel in Calangute, yet close enough to the dozens of pubs, eateries and shops that dot the landscape. Here Goa's special local character can best be appreciated .The world famous Calangute beach is a mere 500 meters away from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Santa Monica Resorte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Monica Resorte Calangute
- Santa Monica Resorte Hotel Calangute
- Santa Monica Resorte Goa/Calangute