“roseland resort/saffron resort”
Review of Saffron Resort

Saffron Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Saffron Resort
Ranked #113 of 124 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed April 30, 2011

i dont know what to say myself and partner visited goa twice a year for many years,last time we were in goa was 2004.we used to stay at the roseland resort which was owned then by roland remedios and his family and it was well run clean and the staff there were lovely,we used to meet up most febs for the month with other people we had met there it was great.but i did hesr that the family was selling it to some buissnessmen from mumbai,i would love to know if roland and his family opened another resort somewhere in goa.does anyone know.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank terry73
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We had booked the Saffron Resort with a travel agent in Dehli. When we arrived, we were shown to the pool, which was filthy, we couldn't even see the steps into the water, it was so cloudy! The chairs around the pool were dirty and broken, the bar by the pool was empty.

We were then shown to our room, the sheets had stains all over them, the towels filthy and the air con struggling to work.
Location wise, it was meant to be 1km from the beach, but there was no sign of the beach, there was no chance of walking there and we could hardly use the pool instead!

We refused to stay there and we are in a process of trying to get our money back from our travel agent, as we went and stayed somewhere instead, deciding it was worth potentially losing the money, then risk catching something in that filthy place!
Don't stay there!

• Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Loripiper
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Upon booking my holiday to Goa with my partner, we were both very excited as we had never visited India before. The hotel on the Thomson website seemed very pretty and clean and it was a good price - I thought! Firstly upon arriving, we were taken up to our room which was stifling, we put the A/C straight on only to find it sounded like an airplane was about to take off. The balcony looked onto the street even though I asked for a pool view, the railings were rusty, the toilet flush broke on 4 separate occasions, the mini bar was stocked up after 10 days of us being there and only because I had asked. When we ordered dinner on the first night as we were too tired to go out, it took 80 minutes for our pizza to arrive and we had realised that they had ordered it from their local delivery!!! Outrageous! Not impressed to say the least. The pillowcases didn't fit the the pillows properly and the dirty pillow poked out the end viewing what looked like old, saliva stains!! We had paid for B&B which was fine, but I don't drink tea and coffee which was free and had to pay for juice - one morning I asked for this only to be told that they had run out, so I had water with my egg and toast (this is all they served for breakfast!) On the whole I have to say this hotel ruined my holiday in Goa, I didn't know that if you complained to your rep on the first or second day they would move you somewhere else, so we just put up with it for 14 nights. There were times we tried to stay out all day and into the evening dreading going back to that horrific room! If you book a hotel in Goa please do not book this one - it's awful to say the least. We also found out it's cheaper to book your flight and then find accommodation once there - around £5-8 per night in really nice rooms by the beach! Thomson did not want to know when I wrote a letter of complaint!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Girlchili
Reviewed January 6, 2007

Dirty linen, pool had a film/scum on it, building work next door and coacroaches and ants.

Receptionist was rude or couldn't care less.

Lucky escape got out after 2 days.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family