“Ronseal Hotel”
Review of Osborne Resort Goa

Osborne Resort Goa
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed November 30, 2012

It does exactly what it says on the tin.
We have just got back from 2 weeks in Osborne III. The room was very basic, but as we only wanted somewhere to sleep and shower it was fine. The room was cleaned daily by the room boys, and we had various towel displays on our bed.
We ate at the BBQ one night and we were not impressed so didn't eat there again although lots did it might just have been that night so this might be an unfair comment for the rest of the week..
The location of the hotel is great, just far enough out of Calangute, but close enough if you want it.
All of the staff are very friendly and a credit to the hotel

Room Tip: CC10 is ok. It has a small sitting room with an extra single bed in it. There is a small corridor...
3  Thank Gary T

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hi stayed at the osborne hotel for two weeks this November, we had no expectations as was a budget hotel and were not disapponited. The rooms were clean and food ok the staff were very helpfull. Hotel was in a good location with an easy walk to shops and beach with a taxi stand outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tracyw005
Reviewed November 28, 2012

we stayed at the Osborne November this yr for 2 weeks and wasn't disappointed, we had prepared ourselves for it being basic and to be fair for the price we paid we thought it was excellent value for money. We never have expectations of holidays so that we wont be disappointed and it works. The hotel was clean, staff cant do enough for you and the pool lovely, the only thing i struggled with is the smell in the rooms however i noticed the same smell nearly everywhere in Goa which is like very strong mothballs which sticks in your throat however after a few days got used to it. We would definately stay in the Osborne again and recommend it for a cheap basic base for your holiday. the highlight is definately the staff !!

3  Thank TRACYANDDEWI
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hi All,

I stayed in Osborne from 10/11/12 to 15/11/12. I booked it through cleartrip and got a good deal in it. For the price i payed i got a good service. the rooms where not excellent but were good. we cannot expect a 5 star comfort here. the resort has a good and clean pool. Food was good in the restaurant. I didnt get a chance to eat in the resort as i was partying out.

the main advantage of this resort is its location. Its just located few mins away from calangute beach. If you are party guy...tito's lane will come around 3 km from here. Outside the resort on the main road there are shops (Restaurant and Bar) opened till late night like 1 to 2.

And other thing there is taxi stand just outside the resort. so you can book it anytime (24/7). But the rates will be little high and you need to negotiate on that. Bike rentals can be got through Hotel reception. They will book any bike you want. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

2  Thank dhilipraj
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Booked this place through Travelguru - later realised it was a big mistake. I realised that Travelguru and the Hotel did not have any understanding. I had booked this place after making the full payment to Travelguru - a package deal for 4 nights/5 days, for which I also received a mail confirmation from Travelguru along-with the contact details of the Hotel. When I called the hotel to re-confirm the booking - I was told that there was no booking in my name and that they had closed the booking for those dates. I had to call the Travelguru to clarify - they in-return called me back to inform that my booking was re-confirmed after speaking to their manager Mr. Lawrence - which I personally it confirmed after speaking to him over phone. There was even bigger shock waiting - just before reaching Goa (about 50 kms) I called up the hotel to inform them that I would be reaching there in an hours time - I was informed that they had cancelled my booking (How come without even informing me? - remeber I had already made full payment) and I should follow-up with travelguru, I had to hear this after driving 650 kms... after several frantic phone calls finally made it to the hotel and checked-in.

The hotel by itself is very sub-standard, we were put in a room where nobody stayed in the whole block except the ground floor was occupied by the housekeeping guys to store their material and one portion by their staff, the room was very basic which had one bed room/balcony, a living/balcony, and another room or maybe a kitchen which was locked and had no access to it, there was nothing in the mini bar which probably not opened for a very long time and was stinking, the room too had some damp smell. Basic things like extra sheets and blankets were not provided initially, the diwan in living was very shabby and was later covered with sheets. There is no room service here. Housekeeping is zero, the room is cleaned only after you request, generally the whole hotel place is not clean, the stairway leading to our room looked like it was not cleaned for several months. The hotel has 2 swimming pools in 2 different blocks, out of the 2 one was under renovation the other is too small for a swim. The hotel staff seem to be too keen to serve the foreign tourist only, they don't even fake a smile at you even by mistake except for one or two restaurant staff. Their complementary breakfast is not worth mentioning. No parking place. Don't be surprised if find 2 dirty pet dogs lazing around the hotel and relaxing in the restaurant area. Cannot comment much on food because had only one meal which was OK. The only consolation is the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Manjunath R
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I loved this resort, two pools, great food, theme nights!! The rooms aren't amazing but are good value for money and are kept clean! The location is perfect!! Right next to Zico's bar n restaurant who do the best homemade family run food both Goan n English and I have had many a late night here laughing n dancing with locals n tourists! You must go here! Also venture into Baga either by taxi or you can walk in 20 mins and visit on of the many bars/ clubs!
Osborne resort is good if you are not looking for a 5 star resort

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank loopyloutaylor
Reviewed October 24, 2012

stayed here back in 2006 for our honeymoon.brilliant location. rooms were basic but clean. Beds and sheets cleaned every day.Nothing was a problem to the staff, if theycould help you in anyway they would.Breakfast was basic,usualy toast and jam or eggs,but there were plenty of places nearby if you wanted more.We have been back to Calangute since this holiday and stayed in another hotel but wished we had returned to the Osborne.Will definately return as value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple