“great location”
Review of Osborne Resort Goa

Osborne Resort Goa
Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed October 12, 2012

weve been to this hotel twice n are booked to go again in nov, the first time was shockin as the room was like a cell and the view wasnt good,but we paid extra to move to another room. most of the rooms are basic.The pools are clean,rooms are done every day,pool towels are available. staff are friendly. but the location is good 4 nitelife,bars, resturants,chemists n supermarkets. some evening meals are free at the hotel nthe food is good.

Room Tip: lower floors are advisable due to the loads of steps(no lifts)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jackie A
There are newer reviews for Osborne Resort Goa

Reviewed September 25, 2012

we stayed here nov-dec 2011, upon arrival we were given what i can only describe as prison cell block H, however, like most others we paid extra to move into a better room. so glad we did the room was lovely, faced out towards the taxi rank which was good view and plenty of locals going past to entertain you. on sundays (i think it was) a dancing cow comes down the street and i must say hes brill (the cow that is ha ha) we paid something ridiculous like 100 rupees between four of us and we got the whole show for it and plenty of pictures. there was also an elephant that comes to the end of the road where its a bit quieter and you can pay to have your pic. brekafast is tea/coffee toast/ jams for free and then you can order poached eggs, bacon sausages etc for a small price which we preferred to do. rooms were clean, room boys nice and polite, although when they change rotas and go to another block they insist on telling you so that you give them a tip.

all in all this was one of our best holidays and we've been to plenty of places needless to say were booked up for 3 weeks this Nov/Dec cant wait (the fact we've never been back to the same place twice says something so give it a try :0)

we went with open minds as to what to expect from Goa and i would say thats the best thing you could do as we have fallen in love with the place

Hope this helps you :0)

Room Tip: dont be put off by the noise you get used to it within a day :0)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sophiel875
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have stayed here 3 times. Rooms are basic but clean our towels and sheets were changed nearly every day!! Great location and within walking distance to the beach (about 10 mins) Staff are lovely and will go out their way to help you. Have made loads of friends there, staff and other guests alike. Always a great atmosphere!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank helenoy
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The positives were many- large rooms, good food (try the pork roast with baked potatoes), small but decent breakfast, friendly staff, easy to hire activa, decent swimming pool. We went with friends and we had a great time. The finer details which even a budget hotel should be looking at were missing- like the loo was not very clean the 1st time, and there was no water the next morning (which delayed our sight seeing trip) and the bathroom fittings were kinda broken. In my friends room his fire alarm kept beeping! The only reason I have not given this decent budget hotel a five star rating... but my wife reminded me that it is budget hotel and you should not be expecting too much. (which is why I have not further downgraded this hotel). Beach is about 15 mins walk. Take cabs and rent bigger bikes from a place down the road on the way to the main road. I thought the cabs were better priced here rather than at the hotel. Don't miss Curlies if you are in Goa! And have atleast one long bike ride with a bullet or avenger. Cheers!

Room Tip: The non ac rooms smelt better so take it if you are not an ac freak. They are 300INR cheaper too.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ajitson
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have just booked my holiday for goa for next year in February and have booked the Osborne for the 3rd time. Yes the hotel is basic but the staff more than make up for it. When I arrived this year I was given a room that was fine in phase 3 however I wanted a room in phase one so I went down to reception to ask and the receptionist snapped NO before I'd even finished my sentence, however I then went to khan in phase one and said to him and he disappeared for 10mins and came back and pointed to a room and told me I'd be moved at 10am the next day just like that. My advice is to tell the bar managers your problems and they'll do their best to sort in out. The staff even went out to get me a phone topup cos I was busy getting ready for a night out. Overall the rooms are basic but as long as there's a shower and a bed im happy after all you don't go to goa to spend most of your time in your room. In the evening we usually got a taxi to baga as I like the atmosphere more, one of my favourite places is electric cats the foods amazing and the service even better. Afterwards we would go for a few drinks on the beach in a shack called oceanic I've been going there the past 4 years and wouldn't even consider moving shacks. Just remember people your in India not Spain

Room Tip: Make sure you book air conditioning its not included and must be booked
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank anneka m
Reviewed June 11, 2012

One of the best budget hotels I've stayed in! Already been there twice with my boyfriend and we decided to stay every year!

Great location for shopping and going out. Close to the Calangute beach- 5 mins on bike! You can lend a bike from one of the guys working there for only ££ for a week!

The suite we had was fantastic! Good size, clean with mini bar, TV and balcony with swimming pool view! Reception staff- fantastic always ready to help with basically anything you ask them! Breakfast good, be careful with ordering scrambled eggs, unless you like it really dry.

Really enjoyed will be back, already make booking for Jan'13:)

I'm Recommending it to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank kacha k
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Its basic and cleanish although first room they put us in smelled of damp and when asked to be moved was told only other room avaialble was one with air con that we would have to pay extra for, no tv not that I was bothered about having a tv but that would have been extra too.
So ended up in the 3rd block ground floor with a balcony overlooking the pool after paying extra with it having air con, mistake was made as at 7 in morning we were woken up by sunbeds being DRAGGED into position outside and the staff standing outside our balcony chatting away, this happened every day even after mentioning it to the manager.
Beds are solid and even though I did change my mattress with them three times it was like sleeping on the floor and the pillow was no better, if you like a very very thin firm matress and pillow then this is the place for you.
On arrival we booked for the Xmas Eve dinner and were allocated a numbered table or so we thought, as when that night came there was no where for us to sit and we were not the only ones this was happening to, a trestle table and two stools were produced next to the buffet area where everyone would have had to queue to get their food, we said no not acceptable and left the complex, irate and annoyed, there was no real organisation and a lot of heated waiters/staff and holidaymakers, it was a fiasco.
THE next morning the manager asked did we enjoy their xmas eve dinner and were we booked in for NYE, this was the same manager who had told us there was no where for us the previous night, when explaining this to him he said we must be mistaken and he hadnt spoken to us.
There were not enough sunbeds for the complex and the ones along the pool outside the rooms left very little area to walk past along with the sunbeds being almost as uncomfortable as the beds so we went to the beach every day.
The buffets and entertainment were ok, although only used the tickets as they were part of the package we had paid for otherwise wouldnt have bothered.
We spent three weeks here and I couldnt wait to leave, uncomfy bed and pillow, dark airless bathroom, noisy staff in a morning and non interested manager/s.
Whether it was due to it being xmas/nye, i dont know but a lot of holiday makers here had some complaint or another, many said they wouldnt be going back and there were others who said they would return and have been doing for some time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple