“Hotel Dona Terezinha”

Hotel Dona Terezinha
Ranked #93 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed January 29, 2013

There is ample scope of improvement in the resort. Instead of a double bed I got a twin bed.
Breakfast was awful. Can't eat, even for free. Water was smelly and no drinking water was there. Other than that location & ambiance was good. People were good there. They even cleaned my broken bottles & the mess.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank D_RATH
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dona Terezinha

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had been to Goa last year. As this was my first trip to Goa and I was travelling with my wife, so I had booked the hotel in well advance. I planned my trip for December 2nd week and made last moment booking, as it was just before the peak season, all the hotels were full but luckily there were rooms available in this hotel. I booked a room for us. I was expecting it to be a average kind of stay at least, but to my surprise, it was a nice hotel. I got a room facing pool side, it had very nice view. I had selected a booking package where complementary breakfast was included in package. I didn't like much the breakfast there, but saw most of the foreigners were there enjoying the food. Every night they used to play guitar and some instruments with slow music, which mostly attracts the foreigner.The staff was very cooperative and I enjoyed my stay there.
To summarize, below are the positive and negatives of the hotel:-
Pros: -
Good rooms
Cooperative staff
Nice view( pool side room)

Cons: -
Not so good food
No activities arrange by hotel

Room Tip: If available, book a pool view room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pramod_T
Reviewed November 3, 2012

i would not stay in this place even if they offer me free stay as there is not much of activity accept the music played to which only the walls and the trees around would listen as u cd see only Russians around flocking around the pool as for the restaurant is concerned they offer terrible food which they term it as complimentary hence such state of affairs morevoer very very expensive as 1 omlette costs Rs.125/- (tastes terrible) and very standard menu day after day with poori bhaji,aloo paratha.omlette sandwich by turns.no taste in the stuff we were forced to eat as it was complimentary.very poor energy in the staff no smile on their faces GOD KNOWS WHY ? TOURIST BEWARE.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank raamnath
Reviewed March 15, 2012

An average hotel.. One good thing was Free Breakfast.. Rest if you are with friends this is a good hotel. The pool side is an add-on you get with this hotel! Overall staff is nice and helping but won't provide you much in terms of amenities. Lastly.. a value for money hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank raghavgupta
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Have been here on 3 occassions, this last trip wasn't by choice. It has gone steadily downhill in all aspects. Not terribly clean, the staff are mainly not interested. Full of Russians now. Never again

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lobo70
Reviewed January 17, 2011

stayed at the dona, in feb, had a great holiday on full board plus, food was o-k , nothing was wonderful, but ya gotta understand ya in india, and i would stay ther again,we would go to the beach everyday have our lunch on the beach, at pedro s, and a few drinks in the hotel , then off out , a nice restaurant over the flames, a few drinks in the stone house . and finish off upstairs in babutes, not the cheapest bar in goa , mostly the english get in ther,all in all, we enjoyed our stay, but as long as we have a decent bed, and a good shower we are happy,the staff here wer wonderful, and they got a tip each night ., the room manmaid, peter , was a bit cheeky asking for his tip,so he only got a small one

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alanerobson
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I wanted to party with friends. We decided to go to the Dona Terezinha Resort. It is a good 3 star hotel. Dona Terezinha Resort is located at Gaura Vadddo in Calangute .
When we came to the hotel we asked the hotel staff to show us our room. There were few cracks near the wall. The rooms are quite clean. We liked the room and the beds.
Immediately after taking a shower we jumped into the swimming pool. We had a good time trying to practice our swimming skills.
At night we went to a restaurant for dinner. The food is quite cheap there. We first had whisky then we ordered Chinese fried rice along with sea food as side dish. The food was very good.
There is air conditioner in the rooms. The room service is very good. Whenever we need anything they come immediately. The rooms are kept quite clean and tidy by the room staff.
We paid little more than 1000 rupees for each room. We had a good time. I would for sure come back to Dona Terezinha Resort.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple