“VALUE FOR MONEY..BUDGETED HOTEL WITH GREAT HOSPITALITY”
Review of Casa de Cajino

Casa de Cajino
Ranked #6 of 206 Calangute B&B and Inns
Vadodara, India
“VALUE FOR MONEY..BUDGETED HOTEL WITH GREAT HOSPITALITY”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is my 2nd trip to Goa. This time I think to stay at near by Calangute so tried after reading past reviews by tourist and finally it is worth for staying here. I stayed here from 13th Nov to 18th Nov 2013. Staffs are too good. How they manage the hotel with three people that is miracle. Breakfast is good and tasty particularly SANDWICHs.. Ya that is true that hotel is not having restaurant but you will get good restaurant near by walking distance. Famous three beaches are very close calangute, baga and condolim.. You can easily hire a bike nearby.. I will definately come again if I will come to Goa... It was a great deal... Thanks Casa De Cajino..

Room Tip: Go for A-5 or B-5...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 3rd to 7th September with my wife and 2 kids and had good time. Being off season, we were the only guests in the hotel. I must acknowledge that this is a well maintained and value for money propoerty close to the the Calangute beach. Philip and the other staff of the hotel take good care of guests. The only drawback is that there is no restaurant in the hotel but you can explore restaurants nearby or you can even order food from a nearby restaurant in the hotel room itself. They however arrange breakfast. They even allowed extended stay on the last day without extra charge. Definately a good place to stay in Goa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pune
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel Casa De Cajino is at key location. The hotel is not a great star-types hotel but really a decent one - value for money hotel.This one does not have a dining facility but there are good hotels for good food nearby. Plenty of places nearby where you can rent cars/bikes. The hotel staff is very good. The owner - Johny. is very cooperative. The rooms are clean and nice. We recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Surendranagar
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't think there are enough words to describe the hospitality these ppl provide. Phillip and his team hats off to you guys. John uncle what a wonderful person. We were provided early check in with out any extra penny. These guys even arranged bike for us at nominal cost. The breakfast also was superb. The main thing you like about this hotel is its cleanliness and locality which is quite near to the beach yet serene from calangute traffic hustle. All kudos. Now it will be my all time location whenever I visit Goa.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is my first review of any kind on the internet. As I chose this hotel based on the reviews of other travellers, I thought I should contribute my bit. I have stayed here for 4 nights from 4th Nov till 8th Nov'13 with 2 kids aged 14 and 8 Yrs. I am infact writing the review just a few hours before check-out.

I have travelled extensively all over the world mostly for business and stayed in very good hotels. I have been to Goa 8 times before and stayed in Marriott, Zuri, Taj, Hyatt. In Dec'11, I visited with family and stayed in Club Mahindra.

However this time, I wanted to stay in North Goa and did extensive search on the Net and opted for this hotel based on the excellent feedback as well as the ' Value for Money' associated with it.

I am not disappointed and would like to come back in my future visits.

What I liked :

a. Comfort of the room : Nice lay out, overall space, balony ( thought we didn't use much), good bed ( spring) & pillows, well designed bath rooms, good flooring that is easy to clean and maintain, parquet ( I guess wood) tiled bath room, good functional furniture. Running Hot Water at all time. Replenishment of supplies - Soaps, shampoos etc generously.

The rooms offer enough solitude / privacy.

b. Hygiene / Maintenance: The rooms, linen and the bathrooms are quite well maintained. Bed is made up quite nicely every day and the room is cleaned completely with no traces of any sand etc. Bath room and toilet too are maintained quite nicely. New towels, 2 litres of packaged water bottles every day.

c. Personal attention : 3 Persons manage the whole hotel consisting of 15 rooms. I have not had an occasion to meet the owner - Johnny, who is supposed to be quite sensitive to customers. Philips is the incharge and takes a lot of personal effort in making you feel comfortable as well as in ensuring that the quality of stay is maintained. He has 2 helps who are also quite committed.

d. Price : I think it is quite reasonably priced considering the quality / comfort of the stay.

e. Flexibility : I have requested for a little late check-out - at 1.30 PM and they were OK since the next customer is expected to arrive late. I had asked for packed break-fast one day as I had to leave by 6 AM for Dudhsagar water falls. They readily obliged.

f. Generator back-up for AC: Considering the high frequency of power cuts in this area, they have kept even the ACs on a standby power, which is quite appreciable.

g. No mosquitoes: I didn't have any mosquitos at all in the room.

What can make the stay even more comfortable:

a. Breakfast: Eating only bread on a daily basis makes it quite boring. Addition of something freshly cooked will be great.

b. Tea : Atleast, Tea / Coffee should be served on demand in the room, on charge basis. Or tea bags, milk powder sachets and sugar cubes can be kept in the room.

c. Laundry : No regular arrangement and I understand that it can be organised on specific request.

All in all, I would say that this is a very good hotel ( 15 rooms, 3 years old) for families or small groups or honeymooners. Calangute Beach takes about 10 - 15 mins by walk depending upon traffic. There are short-cuts which can take you thru small lanes in less than 10 Mins. A lot of eateries including many fast food chains are within a vicinity of 0.5 Km.

I think the owner is conscious about the cost/ price and to that extent has kept out costly frills, which is perfectly OK.

My advise to all is to keep extravagant expectations to the minimum and enjoy the quality & hygiene, comfort and the solitude the rooms have to offer for a price which is very reasonable.

Hari

Room Tip: I understand that A 5 & B 5 are large rooms with provision for cooking etc. ( Rating of 4 stars...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family