“An excellent and cherished stay at Ocean Palms Goa...it is the best in its category”
Review of Ocean Palms Goa

Ocean Palms Goa
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 17, 2012

D.Pauls gave us one of the best holidays and cherishable moments of our life. Thanks to them & the entire Ocean Palms Goa team who made this possible. Right from the beginning everything was so well planned and seamless.
I agree with Neekash who says: "You truly understand what Good Hospitality means!!"

Placed so near to the beach, the hotel is extraordinary and the staff are beyond imagination. Everybody was so warm and friendly who tried to give personal touches in all their endeavour. To name a few, Rajesh , Rakesh(Chef), Michael, Captain, Ulhas (Driver) were all splendid. They really deserve to win trip advisor award. The food, half day site seeing, pick up and drop... the food is exotic and ever fresh..Everything was excellent. Goa during monsoon is at its best.
I can't thank them enough. Do accept our sincere thanks and best wishes.

Room Tip: chose according to your budget and requirement...all the rooms I am sure would be equally good..The...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rajarshi16
OceanPalmsGoa, General Manager at Ocean Palms Goa, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Namaste.

Our Sincere thanks for a splendid review posted on TripAdvisor. We also Thank you very much for mentioning names of our associates who are grateful . As a standard operating procedure we display all reviews in our associate dining room for all to read . its a motivating factor that helps us improve each day.

We are delighted to be of service to you and also glad that you had a enjoyable and satisfying stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Anil Singh Rathore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Good - quiet location - 500 meter to a fantastic beach - many good restaurants close to the hotel - very nice and large rooms - good and clean swimming pool - friendly and helpful staff - front desk can arrange motorbike / car hire ect.

Room Tip: Close to good restaurants / walking distance to a fantastic beach - book rooms in the newer part of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank GuentherIwersen

Namaste.

Thank you very much for your valuable review on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Anil Singh Rathore
Delhi
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Amazing hospitality - great staff!

I was at the pool and I wanted to water, the waiter went to my room and got me the complimentary bottle instead of charging me for one.

I woke up late one day and thought I missed breakfast. The staff called me to ask if I was coming as they were waiting for me.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony that faces the pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jas B

Namaste.

Thank you very much for highlighting our services on TripAdvisor Reviews.

We are glad you had a enjoyable stay and look forward to being of Service to you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed in Ocean Palms Goa for 3 days with my family. This was my second trip to Goa and on my earlier trip I had stayed at Taj Fort Aguada...Trust me the service and food at OPG was much better!! Nautilus food is just so fresh always!! The friendly ambiance and smiling staff is what makes OPG so different and makes the stay experience so worthwhile!! Everything that one needs is available in the OPG rooms. Perfect facilities!! Spacious and clean washrooms!! (*Tip: Pls ask for the Palm Room!! Love the style of the washroom!!) Recreation, gym, spa, wifi, swimming pool, travel packages etc. everything that a good holiday needs is all here!! Everything one needs is in close proximity to the hotel, be it renting a bike, or shopping at a store, or a mall, a walk at the beach, the main market etc! We have stayed at many hotels over the years, and OPG hospitality is definitely at par with the luxury hotels!!
In a nut shell, wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too!!
Very reasonably priced for a luxury hotel. Definitely recommended for family, friends, couples and just anyone who wants a great holiday experience in Goa or just here for business work!! If it's Goa, then I would definitely stay at OPG!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Neekash
OceanPalmsGoa, General Manager at Ocean Palms Goa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Madam,

Namaste.

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your excellent experience with us.

We are delighted to receive your valuable feedback appreciating and highlighting our services, room, food, the swimming pool , our recreation area , our location and hospitality.

As as standard all reviews are put in our associate dining room thus encouraging them to have all our guests delighted and satisfied at all times.

We also thank you for recommending us and look forward to being of service to you again soon.

uk
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I visited this hotel in the month of Jan with my family the booking done on my family name when we checked in everything was rosy and nice we checked in the morning we were there for 5days as evening dawned in one of the reception personnel started pestering us to take his bike on hire after repeated nos we eventually took his bike which was a non geared bike the next day we wanted to hire a four wheeler vehicle which another reception personnel started pestering us to take his four wheeler which we down right refused and hired an outside vehicle. The days we stayed there the food was good the other staff was friendly and nice after 3 days our room key card just suddenly stopped working we went down to the reception to our misery we were told that all key cards are activated only for 3 days on asking the reception as to y coz we are here for 5 days they gave weird excuses and just walked away left us standing with no answers.Everyday we would see different faces at the reception and no one knowing what the other was telling the guest as a result everyone was clueless about everything only what they parrot while doing the checkin formalities coz thats what is told to every guest. To add to our misery the day we were to check out the reception personnel in the night told us an amount of rs 1500 as an airport drop and when we were checking out in the morning another guy at the reception told us another amount of rs 1200 so that clearly showed no cordination at the reception everyone there had their own amount that they fixed, we would speak to one and then when we would come back there was someone else and no one to take responsibility. We have travelled & stayed at 2star to 5 stars all over the world & in all the properties that we have visited we have seen one counter for all the problems that the guest face in all aspects we have seen the same face at the counter at all times who is responsible for all problems with regards to the guest stay & travelling. So sorry to see a beautiful property like Ocean Palms a 4star Resort not being able to provide their guest with that facility I have personally adviced my family & friends not to visit Ocean Palms where the staff shrug off guest problems but use the same guest for personal business.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank clkinsey
OceanPalmsGoa, General Manager at Ocean Palms Goa, responded to this review, June 4, 2014

Namaste.

Thank you for you feedback.

Apologies and regret for the inconvenience .

Your issues should have been addressed upon check-in if you had let our reception associates know that you were unsatisfied they would have promptly shown you another room and have your approval prior to changing your room.

Just for your information the room you was thoroughly pre-checked by our house keeping manager and our chief engineer prior to arrival however, we would appreciate you giving us another chance to make good the impression you have taken back with you.

Do allow us to be of service to you again.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you are reading this article to check if this property is best among all what you have chedked till now, please dont waste time and book this property for a cozy stay.

I had stayed at this property in July'12 on ocassion of my wives birthday and thanks to Ocean Palms for making this a memorable stay. They have exceeded my expectations.

We had booked a Palm room and it is equally BIG as a Palm Suite. I can bet you have to search for something where this hotel is doing wrong in terms of guest relationship, service standards and cleanliness.

Rooms are big.Room service is excellent. Swimming pool is very well maintained. You think of something and they are already ready with what you want. I had no problems in renting a bike, asking for a good restaurant for sea food or taxi back to satation. I would suggest you to book this hotel because of its standards, value, proximity to the beach and kind of service level they have maintained.

The guest relation officer Althea Dea was great at her job and is very friendly. She arrnaged a birthday cake us on occasion of my wive's birthday.. what else can you ask for. Breakfast was good. Bathrooms are clean and big. You may choose pool facing room but i would say all rooms are done with good decor and are equally big. Property is just 1 year old and in its best shape, surroundings are very quite. This hotel caters to all your needs in Goa, and thus would say is value for money..

I am planning to come back to this hotel with my family and friends.

Thanks Ocean Palms !!

Room Tip: Take a Palm Room, its eqally big...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VeerRaj
OceanPalmsGoa, General Manager at Ocean Palms Goa, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a detailed satisfaction summary of your stay, it gives us great satisfaction to share it with our Team .

We look forward to welcoming you again along with your family and friends.

Anil Singh Rathore
jaipur
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sunny saini, I stayed in ocean palms for 3 days. my brother and i went goa for fun. my brother akshay already made a booking in ocean palms. the hotel was so nice except its f&b department there room seavice, restaurant service, is worst service i have ever seen in my life. i m also working in a five star hotel in jaipur. but the thing is that they should take care of there service there breakfast buffet is also so small. rest all things was very good there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunny s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
#7 of 110 in Calangute
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
#12 of 65 in Candolim

Been to Ocean Palms Goa? Share your experiences!