“Brilliant Location. Exceptional staff. Great Management Team”
Review of Velvet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Velvet Inn
Ranked #76 of 227 Specialty Lodging in Calangute
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant Location. Exceptional staff. Great Management Team”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Last year during the month of December 2012 i have booked approx 10-13 rooms to accomodate a group of my friends for my Wedding.I am so pleased to extend my appreciation to Velvet Inn and their exceptional team. I am so greateful taking the decision to book at Velvet Inn as they made sure great care was given to my people. The Rooms, restaurant and the Pool is simply fantastic right at the heart of Calungute, Goa. Most importantly my warmest appreciation goes to the Owner Roma Wadhwa and Kanchan,the Incharge of the Resort with her incredible team.Velvet Inn is a real deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gavin P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had plan a holiday tour in Goa last Dec 12 had heard a lot of Velvet inn from our close friend who had stayed a couple of Days ,he showed the beautiful pics of the service apartment that made us make our stay at Velvet inn .

I really appreciate that kind of hospitality. over all rating i would give Excellent and I would prefer to stay back again in the said service apartment

If you travel with kids and children 100% safe, and pools are so nice and very safe as well as there are few games and entertainment for kids . We loved the location just near to calangute beach. I will recommend everyone to visit this place. You will love it. Rooms are Big and Clean the management was very corporate. my husband and my two kids really felt homely ,we really cant forget the golden memories of our stay at VELVET INN service apartment Calangute .

Its and service Apartment not a hotel with very hygienic atmosphere all i can say is at last come one come all as a guest and live as a family taking the valuable golden memories of your stay at VELVET INN.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 11, 2013

WE were a group of 6 girls from Mumbai had our trip to Goa and a stay at well known service apartment “ Velvet inn “ located in center of Calangute near to the beach . As we entered the premise we were all greeted well and we being girls felt secured and free to communicate as the manager was a female who comfort us at the hotel the rooms are cozy and clean , the housekeeping does a fantastic job as well as they were friendly and always willing to go their extra miles with 24 hours security .Its very near to the famous Calangute beach .we enjoyed our selves and the stay taking back with us the lovely memorable memories of our wonderful trip and our comfortable stay at " Velvet inn " service apartment Calangute .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This Apartment had pictures, which one would have selected just by looking at it,
We had travelled to Goa during Sep 2013,
I would never recommend this apartment to anyone.

Firstly, the Lady who claims to be Manager of this place never ever cared about the Hospitality(Blunt look) , we always had to request the cleaners to come and clean the Room, the Rooms were not neatly cleaned, Always if we requested any service, only reply we would get is Sir, its off season and there is no arrangement of the same.

We were provided an complimentry pack of Maggi Noddles and few other things, all of them were Tampered and passed their Expiry Dates,

The Bathroom Doors locks were in Pathetic condition and required to be locked always, Swimming pool do dint have clean water.

The Utensils provided weren't clean enough for the Cooking. !

Only Best thing was the spacious roooms, and Location which was near to Calengute Beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ravindra4365

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Last weekend I had booked a two room apartment. On our arrival we were greeted first by a rude lady in her sleeping clothes and then by a huge cockroach on the door. We thought being coastal area one might have come from somewhere . But that thought was short lived as there were some in bathroom, one bellow the pillow, couple on the curtain. When we complained they said it must have been random ,..and said' use your common sense,if I kept my place dirty will I have booking?'
Moving further the other room in which my sister was staying had a very bad odor. Vomit ,pee I don't want to imagine. The commode was broken, shower sprinkling water here n there.
Ok so since we complained we got other room , a 1 bhk for which you have to walk through darkness n it had earthworm all over.

So the rude lady said we will spray hit all over....n I have a 8 month old. The thought of your baby inhaling all the chemicals is not good, trust me .

Somehow we stayed for a night smelling hit, pee, hoping commode doesn't break n counting cockroaches ....basically spoiling the first night in Goa .its been two days n still I can't take the thought of the dingy hopeless place out of my mind. I wish I was totally drunk that night to overlook the memories.but alas being a mother of small baby n this being a family vacation this trash was horrible .oh yeah n the mattress was horrible n linens spotty. Guys I have snaps to prove which we have also mailed to makemytrip from where we did booking.

Morning we left hoping the next night would be better....

Room Tip: Please avoid this cockroach hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnikaKumar
Pune
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Being at velvett inn for 2 days made me feel like i have my own flat in Goa (only for 2 days though :-( ) !!!
Its was perfect for us as the Flat was
1. Clean
2. Near to beach (prefer getting a bike/car)
3. We got a chance to prepare our on breakfast as microwave oven/electric kettle and other cooking stuff was provided.
4. Last thing which made our stay perfect there was ,rooms were as it is as was shown in the picture ,usually pictures are different and reality is something else ,here this was not the case .

And last thing about velvett inn is that its not costly as other hotels in Goa ,that too in North Goa .
Thanks ,velvett Inn for making it perfect for us to stay at your location .

Looking forward for coming again there !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amitchhabra_87
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First the negatives because they are clearly more than the positives

1 - The Owner / Lady at the reception was very rude and cold. I was never greeted with the smile.

2 - The upkeep of the apartment is very bad. I had to literally show the pictures to the owner to get the room and the bathroom cleaned

3 - Breakfast is not prepared in house, hence expect it to be cold and very average.

Positive -

1- Location is very good. Right near the St Anthony's Chapel, which makes both baga and candolim accesible.

2- Apartment rate was quite ok too. You can get a 2 bed room apartment if you are two couples and have a good time together.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends