“Worst possible to stay”
Review of Velvet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Velvet Inn
Ranked #76 of 247 Specialty Lodging in Calangute
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Last weekend I had booked a two room apartment. On our arrival we were greeted first by a rude lady in her sleeping clothes and then by a huge cockroach on the door. We thought being coastal area one might have come from somewhere . But that thought was short lived as there were some in bathroom, one bellow the pillow, couple on the curtain. When we complained they said it must have been random ,..and said' use your common sense,if I kept my place dirty will I have booking?'
Moving further the other room in which my sister was staying had a very bad odor. Vomit ,pee I don't want to imagine. The commode was broken, shower sprinkling water here n there.
Ok so since we complained we got other room , a 1 bhk for which you have to walk through darkness n it had earthworm all over.

So the rude lady said we will spray hit all over....n I have a 8 month old. The thought of your baby inhaling all the chemicals is not good, trust me .

Somehow we stayed for a night smelling hit, pee, hoping commode doesn't break n counting cockroaches ....basically spoiling the first night in Goa .its been two days n still I can't take the thought of the dingy hopeless place out of my mind. I wish I was totally drunk that night to overlook the memories.but alas being a mother of small baby n this being a family vacation this trash was horrible .oh yeah n the mattress was horrible n linens spotty. Guys I have snaps to prove which we have also mailed to makemytrip from where we did booking.

Morning we left hoping the next night would be better....

Room Tip: Please avoid this cockroach hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnikaKumar

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Being at velvett inn for 2 days made me feel like i have my own flat in Goa (only for 2 days though :-( ) !!!
Its was perfect for us as the Flat was
1. Clean
2. Near to beach (prefer getting a bike/car)
3. We got a chance to prepare our on breakfast as microwave oven/electric kettle and other cooking stuff was provided.
4. Last thing which made our stay perfect there was ,rooms were as it is as was shown in the picture ,usually pictures are different and reality is something else ,here this was not the case .

And last thing about velvett inn is that its not costly as other hotels in Goa ,that too in North Goa .
Thanks ,velvett Inn for making it perfect for us to stay at your location .

Looking forward for coming again there !!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amitchhabra_87
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First the negatives because they are clearly more than the positives

1 - The Owner / Lady at the reception was very rude and cold. I was never greeted with the smile.

2 - The upkeep of the apartment is very bad. I had to literally show the pictures to the owner to get the room and the bathroom cleaned

3 - Breakfast is not prepared in house, hence expect it to be cold and very average.

Positive -

1- Location is very good. Right near the St Anthony's Chapel, which makes both baga and candolim accesible.

2- Apartment rate was quite ok too. You can get a 2 bed room apartment if you are two couples and have a good time together.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jassi_Mustang
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed in velvet inn with my husband and son for almost a month in the month of January-2012 and i really like the place we took one bhk apartment which was very clean and comfortable...housekeeping was excellent ..they clean room everyday...karan in housekeeping was very helpful...and the best thing abt this place its very near to all the beaches...i would love to go again with my entire family.and last thanks to sandhaya for making our stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jigmetLeh
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel is located at around 500meters from the Calangute Beach. 1BHK and 2BHK options are available, the property was well maintained and the rooms were clean. The address printed on the booking is not correct, it shows as Porvorim but actually its situated at Calangute.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Harshad P
Reviewed January 20, 2013

WE WERE A GROUP OF 9 WHO WENT and TOOK 1 2bhk flat and 1 1bhk flat
A truely wonderfull experience..!!
if u truely need an advise...PLEASE STAY AT THIS PLACE..!! considering the price and the place..!! its worth every penny
the rooms are really very clean with great bathrooms..!! 5 minutes from the calangute beach..!!
the place is equally quiete..!! nice swimming pool with a restaurant which serves EXCELLENT food with great service..!!!

100% advisable..!! dont miss
call me on 9773542907 for any other details for a GOA trip

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ParthSheth2009
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The rooms are very clean and location is very convenient. the places of interest are nearby. The owner is very accommodating. We were a group of eight and were comfortable here. Good restaurants nearby too.

• Stayed: January 2013