“Apologies - but I just don't get it.......”

Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts
Ranked #5 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
Dublin, Ireland
“Apologies - but I just don't get it.......”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I booked this accommodation on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and ratings. It has an extraordinary amount of excellent ratings....and I tend to live by trip advisor as I travel almost every week on business.

I booked the "Spectacular" suite for 3 nights - and to be brutally honest. It was a spectacular mistake. Much of it my fault - not the hotels.

Firstly - travelling in Monsoon season aint too clever.
Secondly - the hotel is about 1 hour in traffic from the airport. This is a considerable drive at night time. And as we had a 7am flight departure on the Sunday - it would of led to a very very early check out - had we stayed the full length.

My wife travelled with my son for the first night - and I joined the second day. My wife was very uncomfortable in the hotel. It is end of season - and perhaps this is the time they intend cleaning the hotel up a bit. It is a bit tacky and run down in the open areas and the paintwork in the rooms and corridors. There was a lot of what appeared to be renovation activity going on.

My wife had to ask reception to get the guests in the room next door to lower down the very very loud music at 11pm AND and 00:30.

I had requested a small bed for the child - but that didn't arrive until the Friday. And at 3am on Saturday morning - he fell out of it and split his eyebrow open! I joke not.

The Spectacular suite looks out onto the beach - which is quite a dirty beach (not the hotels fault!).

Most upsetting however was the four or five workers constantly staring into our room when we approached the large windows to catch this view. This was especially upsetting for the 24 hours my wife was there without me.

Given the above, and especially the prospect of arising at 4am on Sunday morning - I decided on Friday to leave on Saturday rather than Sunday. I advised the manager, and he explained the cancellation policy was such that I would lose my money for the final day. This was very clear in their booking policy.

I asked him to show some leniency given the above - and my own bad planning. But he said no.

Does this affect my review? I rarely review places unless they are exceptionally good. I travel almost every single week of the year on business. I rarely write a bad review.

But, the reviews on this hotel are astoundingly good - given what we experienced. I hope we just hit them at a bad time at the end of the season - and no-one has the same experience.

Research thoroughly - and don't believe everything you read. I'm going to be more careful with trip advisor from here in...

Room Tip: Unless you like being ogled - stay away from the Spectacular Suites....
11 Thank jbroaders
FahrenheitGoa, Management Team at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Fahrenheit Family sincerely strives to cater to every guest requirement during their stay with us. We deeply respect and value the faith our guests have in us with respect to their stay being enjoyable and comfortable. Their feedback is immensely valuable to us.

Your feedback, however, apart from being dramatic, is also devised to malign the property. Upfront, we would like to state the fact as directly as you put it across to the GM, “Refund my money, else I will give you a terrible review on Trip Advisor”. This statement clearly defines your intention.

As far as your refund is concerned, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that an organization has to function ethically according to defined policies and procedures. It cannot function according to the whims and fancies of any individual.Though you were well informed of the cancellation policy, you still chose to threaten us with consequences, being the “terrible review” in this case.

FYI, from the airport to get to any part of North Goa takes a minimum of 45 minutes even in non-peak hours.

The renovation work referred to, is being undertaken by the Village Panchayat of Calangute outside the property. They are laying a new road for the benefit of all and propose to complete it during the monsoons. This activity is completely beyond our control. We cannot fathom how an activity outside the property was disturbing you.

We do acknowledge that loud music from adjacent rooms was an issue in the past. We have already addressed this issue by sound proofing all our 16 suites, including the one you were staying in. We have tested all our suites post the sound proofing work and there is no scope of sleep getting disturbed owing to loud music. Despite this fact, if for some reason you were still getting disturbed, you should have brought it to the attention of the reception immediately. However, there were no such calls made from your suite.

We provide certified additional bedding for infants and roll-away beds for adults. The extra roll-away bed was provided in the room as soon as the request was received from your end. We regret the fact that your child fell on the floor and hurt himself. However, this was not brought to our attention at all. With due respect, we would like to know whether your child fell off because of a damaged roll-away bed or his sleeping pattern that is best known to his parents. Guest safety is of paramount importance to us and we do not compromise on delivery with respect to safety. (To give you an idea, glass sections used throughout the entire property have been toughened to ensure safety.)

We would like to mention one last thing in closing, when one approaches with a negative bent of mind, then the outcome cannot be enjoyable, in this particular case, your own holiday.

Regards,

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my husband after a lot of research, chose this hotel for our stay.. We weren't disappointed..

The Highs..
With the onset of monsoon, it was pouring in Goa, and heading outdoors was not much of an option for us as we were accompanied by our 20 month old toddler girl.. So we mostly wandered around Bardez/ stayed indoors but frequently hit the beach that was right across our spectacular suite.. It was beautiful.. Staying indoors was also gratifying with such a pleasant and comfortable room.. Had the weather been sunny and pleasant, the stay would have been spectacular..!!
The uber-attractive bathroom and the lighting inside.. Amazing!!
The service was great.. friendly staff, polite and helpful..
The food was good too.. A lot of variety in the breakfast..

The Lows..
The put-off was that the walls were slightly tainted and the sofa was stained..
Also we had a difficult time finding the hotel at first which was partly our and partly the hotel's fault.. The address says lane opposite to Sub-way and we cudn't find it anywhere.. After a lot of milling around and multiple calls with the hotel staff, we finally managed to find the hotel!!

The overall experience was good.. Will definitely recommend to others..

Room Tip: For grt view. go for spectacular rooms which have sea view..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fahrenheithotel, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Greetings from Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts!!!
We are much pleased & delighted with your sincere reviews and do Thank You for trusting in us and giving us an opportunity to prove ourselves in making your stay Pleasant and Comfortable.
We wish we could have played a vital role in synchronizing the weather to be more sunny, but do believe this will only give us the opportunity to welcome you and your family once again to Goa to enjoy a more beautiful and vibrant side of Goa’s and certainly we too be a part of it in assisting you to enjoy scintillating places and locations and our hospitality.
We are much obliged with your concern over the correction of our landmark as Subway no longer exists and the necessary corrections will be done in the future.
Once again, It was wonderful to have you all in our midst.

Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We were 4 families and We all had a a very good stay at this hotel. We stayed at Comfort Suite. One of the best rooms I have seen. Very spacious well planned and with all branded and world class fittings - Sony LED's. Bose Speakers. Latest and best Sanitary fittings. Service is also very good and the staff is extremely courteous. Food is also very good. Location is the best in Goa - In the midst of the market area in the city and adjacent to beach as well. Come out of the back side of the hotel and you are on the beach. We were so impressed by the overall decor of the hotel specially the reception area with unique showpieces and items of decor. We all Really had a very good experience and would like to thank all the hotel staff for such a wonderful experience. Overall the best hotel We have experienced in recent times. our best wishes for you.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rahul_Sugla
Greetings from Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts!!!
We at the Resort delight in delivering the best to our guest just the way any brand standards would expect it to be.
It was indeed a wonderful experience interacting with your entire group and the two days that you all stayed with us filled us with joy and happiness, for as many times we interacted with you all the more closer we became and there was nothing that could stop us from making you all feel at home.
Savouring “The best for the last” as it’s been said many a times but what Fahrenheit strongly believes is give the ‘Best to begin with and the Class of hospitality gets its recognition‘, with wonderful guest such as you what more could we ask rather than just enjoy associating whether with our service, food, assistance or even just assuming we are a part of your family.
We do look forward in welcoming you all more often to Goa and spoiling you with the best Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts has in store.

Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have done online booking seeing the pictures and when we checked in it was a superb experience.
My experience was awesome , the ambiance and facilities provided by hotel is really a "VOW" effect.
It is more than a 5 star hotel.

My room was "Cool Suite" which is in front of swimming pool and baga beach view.

The room interiors was really great. On demand they provided a laptop for usage , playstation for kids.
Room includes Bose music system etc...

My visit was in June 2013 and being a rainy season just had good time at hotel and near beach.

I would certainly recommend this hotel...Cheers!!

Room Tip: Hotel near to baga beach and 5 star experience.
1 Thank Parth_Pandya
Fahrenheithotel, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Greetings from Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts!!!
We do Thank You for stating your honest and wonderful review with regards to your stay at our Resort. We do share the feeling of joy and happiness in extending our best services to amazing people such as you and your family.
Our main priority at the resort has indeed been to make everybody feel at home and spoil them with the best of everything fulfilling them in a lap of luxury with a touch of ‘A home away from home’.
Once again we ‘Thank You’ for your best wishes and for giving us the opportunity to take care and comfort you and your family while you were with us and do look forward to sharing the best of what Fahrenheit has to offer.

Thanks and Regards,

Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed June 8, 2013

fahrenheit a lovely place to visit with our loved ones...staff are too friendly...services are awesome....and no doubt abt the clenliness...its beyond our expectations..i stayed in spectalular suite as well as indulgence suite...both rooms hav there differnt quality....spectalular suite is the room...where u can enjoy the view from ur balcony...and indulgence,,,the jacuzzi touch....wat should i speak more abt ths hotel.....visit once in your lifetime wth ur partner...i bet it will be a memorable trip of ur life.....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rahul423
Fahrenheithotel, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Greetings Fahremheit Hotels & Resorts!!!
We at Fahrenheit feel much honoured with such a wonderful review of yours and would also like to express our delights & joys with you’ll.
It has indeed been an outstanding experience to welcome wonderful guest such as you all, in fact your presence sprouted joy & happiness in our team to blend & gel with you all amongst our midst, and shower with assistance we could provide whether it was with making your stay comfortable, with the food to savour your taste buds or even just being there to share a light moment with you all.
We once again “Thank You” for visiting this extended family of yours and take pride for giving us an opportunity to make you all feel at home

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 25, 2013

we were a family of 4 with 2 little kids aged 2 and 4 looking to travel to goa . I did a lotta research on trip advisor before finally deciding for Fahrenheit , i based my decision on the excellent reviews people have written about this hotel and i must say i had high expectations but the hotel matched my expectations and i would even say surpassed my expectations. the stay at the hotel was a total bliss. the rooms were the best part of the hotel, huge suites with a living room and a bedroom each one of those had their separate bathrooms, the shower had a funky disco lighting that was something i have not seen anywhere. we had booked comfort suites but later upgraded to indulgence suites 3 & 4 which had an in-room Jacuzzi , the kids went crazy at the very sight, the rooms had mood lighting options and the top it all every room has a BOSE home theater, two huge tv's and a sit out balcony , i can go on and on and on about the rooms . the breakfast was included in our package and was good , in case u dont like what the breakfast buffet has to offer u can order something from the kitchen , they were nice enough not to charge us for it. now comes the service part , they give the term " service with a smile" a whole new definition , the front end staff reshma and dikshita were very sweet and courteous , the hotel staff will never say "no" for anything . whatever u ask for will be done with a smiling face. the only disappointing part about the hotel was the swimming pool , it was very small, though was well maintained and clean . the hotel is bang on the beach ( in the middle of the streach leading from baga beach to calaungute beach) the beach is practically like a private beach , very calm and only people from the hotel were on the beach . to conclude the review i would say if u want the calm and luxury of a south goa resort right here in north goa admist all the action this is THE PLACE TO BE .

Room Tip: both the comfort suites and indulgence suites were really good , i guess the cozy sweet are smaller...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nikhilwalia
FahrenheitGoa, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Greetings from Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts Goa!!!

Our Key to success has been our Guest, for our main objective is to give them a feeling of an Home away from Home and make their stay as delightful & comfortable as ever just the way we would want ourselves to be pampered and looked after if were we to trade places at the very holiday you had planned to enjoy.

We perform best when we are surrounded by such wonderful people like you and we will continue our mission giving our Guests the best and engraving on your mind and hearts that there is a place that waits with its arms open wide to welcome you just the way you would want to be at home.

We look forward to give you a whole new reason to be a part of our family at Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 15, 2013

At a family wedding recently, we wanted a small yet memorable wedding with our friends & close family. The Fahrenheit with its 16 superb rooms, beautiful deck and above all the most amazing service made this possible for us.
Each room in this hotel is unique and very classy. Its location is very central with most of the popular places very close by. As a venue for the wedding it has a beautiful deck by the beach which was the highlight of our wedding.
The staff was amazingly co-operative and helpful. They made the wedding an unforgettable experience for not just us but each one of our guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SumitDutt
Fahrenheithotel, General Manager at Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Greetings from Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts Goa!!!

We would like to share with you the same platform of praises as without you we would have not been able to display our performance and with all due respect every single guest in this Abby Oberoi's Wedding Function had been equally gracious giving us the opportunity to interact with our service and support and be a part of you’ll.

We do look forward to display our strength in F & B and spoil you with a lot more luxuries we hold under our sleeves.

Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts, Goa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Seashell Beach Suites
#8 of 113 in Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Acron Waterfront Resort

Been to Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts? Share your experiences!