I booked this accommodation on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and ratings. It has an extraordinary amount of excellent ratings....and I tend to live by trip advisor as I travel almost every week on business.
I booked the "Spectacular" suite for 3 nights - and to be brutally honest. It was a spectacular mistake. Much of it my fault - not the hotels.
Firstly - travelling in Monsoon season aint too clever.
Secondly - the hotel is about 1 hour in traffic from the airport. This is a considerable drive at night time. And as we had a 7am flight departure on the Sunday - it would of led to a very very early check out - had we stayed the full length.
My wife travelled with my son for the first night - and I joined the second day. My wife was very uncomfortable in the hotel. It is end of season - and perhaps this is the time they intend cleaning the hotel up a bit. It is a bit tacky and run down in the open areas and the paintwork in the rooms and corridors. There was a lot of what appeared to be renovation activity going on.
My wife had to ask reception to get the guests in the room next door to lower down the very very loud music at 11pm AND and 00:30.
I had requested a small bed for the child - but that didn't arrive until the Friday. And at 3am on Saturday morning - he fell out of it and split his eyebrow open! I joke not.
The Spectacular suite looks out onto the beach - which is quite a dirty beach (not the hotels fault!).
Most upsetting however was the four or five workers constantly staring into our room when we approached the large windows to catch this view. This was especially upsetting for the 24 hours my wife was there without me.
Given the above, and especially the prospect of arising at 4am on Sunday morning - I decided on Friday to leave on Saturday rather than Sunday. I advised the manager, and he explained the cancellation policy was such that I would lose my money for the final day. This was very clear in their booking policy.
I asked him to show some leniency given the above - and my own bad planning. But he said no.
Does this affect my review? I rarely review places unless they are exceptionally good. I travel almost every single week of the year on business. I rarely write a bad review.
But, the reviews on this hotel are astoundingly good - given what we experienced. I hope we just hit them at a bad time at the end of the season - and no-one has the same experience.
Research thoroughly - and don't believe everything you read. I'm going to be more careful with trip advisor from here in...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fahrenheit Hotel is located opposite the famous Baga beach - one can just stroll away from one's suite for a serene experience. Here at Fahrenheit we can proudly boast about our swimming pool with 6 jacuzzi jets, the landscaped gardens and water bodies along with the flora and fauna which gives one the pristine feel. Indulge yourselves in the different category of suites from Indulgence to Cozy. The variation goes on to Spectacular Suite, Cool Suite and Comfort Suite. 24hours Reception at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fahrenheit Hotel Calangute
- Fahrenheit Hotels And Resorts Goa/Calangute