“ID card Lost”
Review of Santiago Residency

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calangute
Santiago Residency
Ranked #74 of 224 Calangute B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had stayed with my family & friend in between 13june11 to 19 june11.I booked two rooms through clear Trip,At the time of checkinn they had taken my original ID cards as id proof and said they will retured it at the time of check out. They had not filled any registration cards which has surprised me & normally hotels take photo copy of Id proof. My stay was ok rooms facilty was very basic. But the only problem I had faced that they had not returned ny ID cards at time of my check out I also forgot to collect it. while returning back to Delhi I had called to Mr Karan & infomed him that I had forgot to collect my ID , He promissed that he will courier it to address. but I had not recieved it , i reminded him many times but he said he had sent it through post which i had not recieved till now.later they stopped responding to my mails.I think this is not the right way if they are taking any ID proof they should take a photo copy of it & also they dont keep any records of their guest stay, they dont maintain any registration formalities.
Riaz

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank riazul01

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Rooms werent ready upon check in.food is extremely bad in room service...chicken masala gravy was total watery no masala.a/c not working.No customer service or retaining skills.all in all if u want to ruin ur vacation n spend most f da time waiting for services ur days wil end n ul leave frustrated...if you wana waste your money,though small amount stay at Santiago.cos there are millions other low budget hotels dat will still give you an awesum experience.these guys charge less n prove deyve done a favour on their guests.horrible.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank HFerns
SantiagoResidency, Owner at Santiago Residency, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Dear Readers,

Our Dear Guest had an accident, thing to be worried huh and fell short of cash, they were not in position to pay the bike guy who demanded them to pay for rental as bike would be in garage for 3 days for repairs. we were approached to settle the matter, since we had good rapport with the bike guys he agreed to waive off the rental for 3 days which was INR 600 per day (total INR 1800). Then our esteemed guest departed from the hotel as they had early morning train (mandovi exp to catch) leaving there 2 friends who said they would continue the stay. Total Bike repair was INR 7700 of which we paid INR 2700 to the guy, without knowing our esteemed guests as to whether they will put the money in the account after going to Mumbai. We called up the guest informed them about the INR 2700 paid through our end. However after that the bike guy noticed there was damage to behind indicators as well, so he asked for another INR 300 to be paid. So we paid the total of INR 3000 in front of the friends of our guests who departed. Then we tried to call the guest but if anyone has been to goa they will know that there is always a network problem once the train leaves THIVIM station so we were not able to get in touch with them. We paid the money in front of the guest's friend so expected them to tell their friends the total. Guess that didnt happen. after an hour their friend decided to leave, we didn't charge them anything extra though we had already blocked the rooms. This was another example of how bad our service is we should have actually charged them. Then we were trying to chase our esteemed guest for the payment, so there were all sorts of excuses coming in . . . and we send them repeated reminders on MAILS and SMS telling them about the payment. Finally after 3 months someone thought of making the payment but said they will only make payment of INR 2700, we informed them that the total paid was INR 3000, there was couple of messages exchanged and then we said its fine you can deposit INR 2700.
For all the effort we put in to help the guest , we got is this review as an reward...

We are not saying that we are perfect but certainly what we try to do is have a human approach to every problem rather than business approach.

Thanks

Reviewed May 29, 2011

This was the third time I visited Goa with my friends in 4 years and hell yes I would like to come here over and over again. So is the charm of this place. Ok, so here I am to write a review of a hotel which made our stay so very pleasant that we actually extended our stay for another 3 days to a total of 7 nights and 8 days :) We were a group of 7 friends, yet again to measure the geographical diameter of Goa from North to South. So the day we arrived we met Mr Taranjit Singh Kohli who was the only reason why our stay at this hotel became so very lovely and pleasant. He is an extremely friendly, humble, genuine and an adorable perfect pure gentleman. He was like an elder brother to all of us. Be it any advice on the new places to check out anywhere in Goa or a nice place to dine and wine or about renting any bikes in Goa, he will always guide you to the right places which you will never regret. The hospitality was so heartening that sometimes we felt awkward to disturb him as he was readily available/reachable 24x7. In IT industry terms he was our SPC (single point of contact).. The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. The bathroom had both hot and cold water and it was very tidy. The food was affordable but if you don't like the taste then Mr. Kohli can always guide to to the perfect place depending upon your choice. A well maintained swimming pool with the right quantity of chlorine made it a great place for us to chill out.. The hotel is located at 7-8 mins walking distance from the Baga beach yet it is strategically placed in a quite serene environment.
Just came back to Bangalore but the planning for the next trip has already started and whenever it turns out, we are going to book this place again and again for all the future trips. This was a home-away from home experience.. I would highly recommend this place to everyone thinking of visiting to goa.. Stay there for yourself to believe my words..You will not regret it.
Thank you Mr Taranjit Singh Kohli for all your support and hospitality. Expect us Anytime soon :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Addicted_Piyush
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Had a wonderful stay with family n friends at this hotel. its a budget hotel with all amenties n the service too was not bad. For the money paid, it was worth it. the manager n staff were also very cordial n helpful... arrangements for sight seeing n bikes were also made at a reasonable price.. The pool is also quite big n we had a grt time there... I would definitely recommend this hotel if people are lookin for a nice n decent place at an affordable rate...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2011

reacalling the month of dec 2010, i with ma fiancee, planned to celebrate the new yr eve in goa, it was a very special moment for me, & it became more special, by the service what i got in santiago residency........
the place is awesome, good food, clean & tidy rooms & above all, the service right frm the arrangements of vehicles to sight seing, helpfull & friendly nature of the entire staff took my heart away...
indeed this place knows what is the true sense of been called as a costomer care.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neel99
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days. The room was ok. The service was too bad. The TV was not functioning at all for all 4 days even after me calling the reception continously. The breakfast was not at all good. The sandwich they gave was stinking and I think the bread they gave was old stock.In spite of repeated requests, no action was taken. No room cleaning was done on 2nd and 3rd day. The hotel is too inside and more scary to walk in the night as there are no lights on the way from the main road. Please do not give your original documents such as PAN Card, License in the reception. Even if you give it, take it back immediately. My PAN card was taken at the time of check-in. At the time of check-out, the main person was not there. I waited for almost 1 hour. He never turned back. As I was getting late for my bus, I asked them to courier it to me, out of no option. Its been almost 15 days and they have not sent it. When I called the hotel, Mr Tarun was so rude to me and said I have to pick it when I come to goa next time and abruptly slammed the phone. I had to arrange my friend who went to goa to get me pan card back. This is one of the worst hotels. I would not recommend this hotel even to my enemy.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank amarsam
SantiagoResidency, Owner at Santiago Residency, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2011

We are not very pleased to refute or comment on a review by a guest, as they have the freedom to express themselves freely. However, in this case we would like to ask the above esteemed guest why he decided to stay for 3 nights if he was facing so many problems at our property.

The payment was not made in advance and the bills were only settled on departure. He could have checked out on the second day itself if the property and the service was as bad as he mentioned in his comments. The guest himself being a travel agent could have arranged to stay at any other property but decided to stay with us.

We also remember that he had informed us that he would collect the Pan card himself as his bus was only leaving in the night to Bangalore but he dint. The check out time at our property is 10.00am and buses to Bangalore leave only in the night so this clearly indicates that the guest isn't being honest with his comments.

Using personal vendetta to defame a property is not at all acceptable. We have had a lot of repeat guests who have had no complaints what so ever about the service or the location of the property or the property itself. We therefore leave it to our kind readers to use their wise judgment regarding our property.

Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for 3 night 4 days. Room cleaning was pathetic. House keeping boys will tell you to give them room's key when you will go for the sight seeing. When you will come back in the evening you will find sand on the floor which you left in the morning. If you will go to beaches you will bring sand with you. Even bad sheets and towels are not changed. Just they will rearrange them. Breakfast is also pathetic. Sandwiches were cold and hard. One day I ordered bread omelet. Omelet was having very small sand particles. I was getting it in each bite.
The most important is no hot water facility. They have solar hot water system. But seems like it is defective. So you have to bath with cold water in winter season.
Shawls are not available in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family