“Memorable Stay......:)”

Ranked #15 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Pune
“Memorable Stay......:)”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

warm welcome...fast action in allotting early checking room .Room Growing was excellent.fast action for changing the room which was having sanitation problem.action appreciated.Food quality not to forget the test good location,good service particularly room service. property neat and clean hygienic. swimming pool added to the memory.......:-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was wonderful and amazing experience in stay in De Coracao. Wonderful amenties with quality food and helpful staff made our stay very special. I would love to visit De Coracao in future and recommend to my friend and family. Hospitality and facilities are good. I visit goa several times but this was one of the best experience, which i ever had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Abhishek V
Pune, India
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went to Coracao since it was recommended by a friend. We were promised lunch since we couldn't reach early enough for breakfast, however when we entered there was no lunch and the promise was not kept. We went to our room kinda disappointed and when we entered there was strong musty odor, indicating the room was not opened for days. The room was however clean and nice. With a sit-out, DVD player, flat screen tv it was a good room. Well lit and almost perfect. What was not perfect or far from it was the restaurant staff and the general attitude.
Yes we're Indians or atleast look like Indians. There's this general favorism all over Goa for the white skin. However we were snubbed a couple of times by the staff. Once when we asked if we could take breakfast for our friend in the hotel room, by ourselves. They said it's not allowed rather curtly. The breakfast is a shame. The array is far from appetizing, but it's free so why not. We were snubbed by the breakfast staff again when my friend ordered two omlettes for himself and when I went to order for myself he said one person is allowed only one Omlette. I was too hungover to start a fight but I felt as though it was something charitable. The third time we were snubbed was when the hotel staff called us and asked us to take the towel inside from the sit-out area. We were also once short of a glass and they just did not send us one.
However they did send us a bandage for a cut, iron and ironing board when we needed it. However the calling the room service itself felt so daunting as though we're troubling them.

Overall what left a bad after-taste was the bad attitude of the staff. I wish we had not stayed there, but maybe next time I won't. Also right outside our room door when we entered the place was always wet and slippery and would smell of the staff toilets below.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maddox82
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 11, 2012

It was my second stay in this hotel. I booked a premier suite this time whereas my last stay was at super deluxe room. I found a drastic change in service levels of the hotel. They have gone down drastically. Room service was toooo............. slow. Room cleaning was done after considerable delay and repeated reminders.
Food was good and tasty but spread has reduced to a great extent. Items were limited this time against a vast spread during my last stay.
Also staff was courteous but very slow in repsonding.
Pickup and drop was done well in time as promised.
Also I found the super deluxe room at my last stay much much better than the premier suite. There is no difference in the amenities except for the fact that premier suite rooms are a little bigger in size with 2 balconies. The balconies in premier suite also donot offer a great view. The room was damp and moist and we had to give a couple of reminders to get a room freshner sprayed. Super deluxe are pool facing and it makes much more sense to go for super deluxe.
My previous stay was fantastic and this one just good. Overall it is a decent hotel with decent rooms having all facilities. Plus points decent rooms, good food and courteous staff. Minus points: very slow room service and in consistency of quality levels.
Wouldnt prefer sticking to docora cao for my next visit. Certainly will consider some more hotel options. Might also go for it if I get a good deal.

Room Tip: Super deluxe rooms are pool facing and very good.
2 Thank Anurag900
Mumbai
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Yes that's what i felt after staying in this decent looking property.

I went to stay for a couple of nights at this property, since this was a budget trip, we decided to stay close to Calangute and the hotel exteriors and location offered us a great VFM.
However post staying here i realised that eventually its the service and food that plays on your mind and i can't forgive them for that.

Few things they need to improve on
1) Cleanliness : at times stains are found on the linen, room is mopped heavily so doesn't dry quickly, Pool had dead insects and are only cleaned when requested
2) Housekeeping : takes ages to bring something, however Bell boy service for check out bags is very prompt
3) Activities : Apart from a basic swimming pool, carrom board & gymanisum there are no other sports equipment to kill boredom, not even a water polo ball, we bought are own.
4) Water Management : Bathroom's get flooded after shower and water temperature fluctuates at will.
5) GHOST Electronics : Although brand new TV's, some have developed technical snags, channel change at will, like they are possessd. Fridge can be used to dry clothes as it doesn't cool
6) Food : Continental Breakfast had everything apart from continent (API packages may realise taking a CP would have been better) Also food quality is not anything to write about, we skipped breakfast a couple of times

Good Things
1) Location : Very convineient, next to Chappel on the Calangute - Fort Aguada Road
2) Decent Rooms : Not very spacious, but built quality is good, each room has a sit out area
3) Price : is on lower size as compared to some others, but then its a personal choice of Price vs Quality

Like a said before this place has good ingredients to become a Hot Selling Property but Something's Missing....

Room Tip: Super Deluxe has rooms have extra space with a sofa... rest everything is same... (will cost you Rs...
1 Thank shrinivaskhanolkar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in Nov, pre booked a super dlx room. When checked in we were taken to a much smaller room. I was very sure dis was not sup dlx but just dlx. Being from a travel industry I understand that such mess happens in peak season (Nov-Dec). We went down to d reception complainin bout d same thereafter we had to wait for 2 more hours for a sup dlx room to clear out. We finally checked in at 3.30 pm. Now dis time we got wat we bookd…a much more spacious room (#302).
Dis hotel is located at a close proximity to Calangute, it would take you atleast 20 – 30 mins to walk there hence I wont say its walkable.
Rooms, as said earlier, very spacious, a thumbs up to the house keeping, receptionists(smiling) & room service. Value for money.
Only one drawback in this 4* property is the food. Before booking this hotel we calld up to check if they had continental breakfast to which they said yes. BUT we couldn’t see anything conti out thr…every morning we go down for breakfast, end up having coffee/fruits & then go out & have a proper breakfast. You have this Infantaria Restaurant close to Calangute, lovely breakfast there. Since we went for their half board package unfortunately our dinner was also booked wid them, but again d same, no variety in food. Infact my husband also talked to d manager out there to bring some change in d menu.
We end up having dinner outside for all 3 days (Fisherman’s cove in Candolim, Brittos..)
The last day we had no option but to have breakfast in d hotel as we had to check out early. I saw the most gross thing happening there. I had my eye on this guy who served fruits to one table. Then some other guest asked him to serve to which he went to the bar counter with a big bowl full of diced water melons in one hand & the serving plate in the other. He kept it on the bar counter (the table at the bottom which is usually not visible to people standing on the other side of the counter) First he transfrd the melons to d plate wid the tongs, then looked around, & since the tong task was tedious I suppose, to my shock he used his hand(WITHOUT GLOVES) to do d same. Pick a handful of melons, strain d water & transfer to d plate…..GROSS! I could see all this jus becos I was sitting diagonally opp to d bar counter. I immediately calld d FNB manager on duty & complained, I also saw dis same guy on the previous day eating something (during d serving process ofcoz) & dis time hiding his face behind d counter while eating. This is not ethical.
All in all book only room here, avoid d food.

Room Tip: Go for super delux rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sapysan
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It is a awsome resort in very descent and nice area.just a walking distance away from the calangutte beach. We get a beautiful Suit with excellent service in a affordable price.
People who loves cool and clam enviorment and wana relax and enjoy with her or his spouse.In the beautiful surroundings of Goa.. callangutte is the romantic city and and Resort De coracao is worderful selection.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple