I travelled to Goa for the first time in June 2011 and I spent considerable amount of time on TripAdvisor reading the reviews of some of the places that were adviced to me by my travel agent. I ended up cancelling 2 Hotels in space of 5 days basis the reviews and then after paying some more money, setted for the Resort De Coracao having read the reviews.
So, about my experience with this place.... The first impression was the web site, which was very impressive. Observation: The pictures make this place look bigger than what it is. Still, not bad at all... the reception was reasonable in terms of space
My first human impression: Michael at Front Office.... FANTASTIC... I adore the guy for his smile, communication and caring attitude towards the customer.. He is an asset to this hotel
Room: Again, these look big in the web site virtual tour, but still reasonable (I stayed in the Deluxe room). The rooms have all the amenities including DVD Player, LCD TV etc.. The Statellite Connection didn't work, Internet didn't work, the Fridge didnt cool.. but we didn't care... mayb bcoz it was off season time and they wanted to give rest to some of these things :)
Meal: We had MAP Package, so Breakfast and Dinner was served as buffet in the restaurant. The restaurant was nice, the food tasty, the spread reasonable.. good experience
Guided Tour: Can be avoided if your trip a short one like ours (3 N 4 D package).. It was a full day tour of South Goa taking us to Churches and Temples. It was difficult to understand the guide as to what he was speaking bcoz his Hindi was tough to understand..
Location: The Hotel claims they are only 500 meters away from the beach, but I believe it is more than 1 KM. it took us 5 minutes to reach on local bus (Rs. 5 per passenger), 5 minutes in Taxi (ask for Rs. 150 and settle for Rs 100) and about 20 minutes to walk
Swimming Pool: Very small; but if you are travelling with kids, it is ideal and we enjoyed it more coz my 5 year old can't swim and he enjoyed this small, not so deep, pool
Complain: The little one broke the water glass on day 2; but despite of severall calls, the replacement glass never arrived in the room (we had to work with only 1 glass); however, housekeeping was very quick to get my sign on the damage charge slip for the glass
Summary: Nice accomodation, nice food, ok location, brilliant front office (Michael is the man). If I don't get a better location on the beach, I will not mind going back to this place again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort De Coração, with Four Star Facilities, welcome all Leisure Tourists, Fun Lovers, Honeymoon Couples & Corporates, to a new destination of Hospitality, straight from our Heart, in GOA, the land of Beaches, Churches, Temples, Forts, Goa Luxury Resorts, Goa 4 Star Resort, Multi Cuisine Restaurant Goa, Air Conditioned Luxurious Room, Caves & Sanctuaries, filled with fun & frolic. We are located at Calangute – Candolim Main Road, just 500 meters & a 05 minutes walk from the Princess of Beaches "Calangute” & close to the famous Candolim & Baga Beaches" too. A traditional warm Indian hospitality, contemporary design with modern touch, comfort & convenience and a state of the art spacious Guest Rooms & unmatched services from our experienced, professional & friendly team members, is our asset. The 45 Air Conditioned Luxurious & Spacious Suites, Super Deluxe Rooms, Deluxe Rooms with attached bath, elegant décor & ambience meet all the needs & expectations of all our guests. We have 4 Star facilities in our Resort with rooms having spacious private balconies over looking the swimming pool, Main Road & Chapel. All rooms are well equipped with Centralized Air conditioning system, Smart Card Door Locking System, King Size bed with pocketed spring mattresses, Electronic Safe / Lockers, Tea-Coffee maker/kettle, 24 hrs. Hot & Cold water, beautifully designed bathrooms with bath tubs, rain showers, wall mounted satellite cable TV, Mini Bar, WI-Fi Internet Connection & many more amenities. We boast of a Multi Cuisine Restaurant “Ice & Spice” with a Display Kitchen, 24 x 7 Room Service, "Waves" The Conference Hall with video conferencing facility, Pool Bar with Bar-be-que, Swimming pool, Fitness Center, Steam bath, Jacuzzi, specially designed In house games section, Travel Desk, Doctor on call, Car Parking, Laundry, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Resort De Coracao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort De Coracao Hotel Calangute
- Resort De Coracao Goa/Calangute