“Highly recommend to people who want a homestay”

and 1 more site!
Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse
Jaipur, India
“Highly recommend to people who want a homestay”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We reached Goa on 12th Feb. I found Marietta on the location who showed me the room. It was a decent A/c room with a clean washroom. We stayed there for 3 days and believe me it was a very good stay. Both Joe & Marietta are kind & co-operative hosts. In breakfast they served 'Poha', 'Umpa' and 'Goan Pao Bhaji' (one item each day) with tea were good and home made. Their guesthouse is just 1.5 km from the beach and just 1/2 km from the market. In short it is a very good place for those who want a good & peaceful stay. Thank you Joe & Marietta.
PERFECT FIVE STAR

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you, Sir, for the wonderful sentiments. It gives us great joy that our guests were happy staying with us. We hope to see you again. Warm regards to you and your family...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ludhiana, India
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Joe and Marietta's guest house is an ideal place to stay at in north goa, if you are looking for all amenities at a decent price. Me and my friends stayed in the cinnamon apartment, which has 2 rooms and can easily sleep upto 4 people. Although its mentioned on their website that they even serve eggs for breakfast, but we were only given upma instead, on both the days, which didn't really go down well with our palates. Apart from that, everything else was prefect, and this can be a good base for anyone who wants to explore Goa without burning a hole into their pockets. Joe and Marietta are kind and gracious hosts and will definitely make you feel comfortable during your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review. But Sir, we beg to differ on one point - the breakfast. It is next to impossible, sorry, it is impossible that we served upma on two successive days. It must have been poha on the second day. But still we are sorry, you did not get eggs. We will take steps to correct this. Again, thanks for the fine words and hope to have you with us again. We will definitely serve you our much-liked egg omelette. Regards..
Bellary, India
Reviewed February 13, 2013

To start with the location of the Guest House is awesome.We preferred this Guest House after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We booked Cinnamon for 2 days and Orange for a day.Both the rooms are awesome.Neat ,Clean and plenty of fresh air,ample parking place,and not to miss the Break Fast of Marietta;Simple and Homely Breakfast,especially the "POHA",i loved it. If anyone of you want a calm,clean,relaxing place this is the perfect place. Thanks Joe and Marietta for making our stay wonderful and our trip successful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank anshumohanty
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We cherish your appreciation of our humble house and efforts. God Bless!!
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 5, 2013

5STARS to Joe & Marietta and to their Guest house. Amazing Place to stay. Closer to market and the beach, this was Top Notch!!!.
Simple and Homely Food for breakfast and No disturbance in your Privacy. Very Polite and Gentle People to talk to.
Nice & Neat Room. Well Maintained.

Only problem that I faced was that the bed was making a little noise and the bathroom door. so when anyone wants to open the bathroom door at night the other person would get up due to the noise. But when i see the overall Experience I found this negligble and I am Super happy.
Thank you Joe & Marietta. You guys ROCK!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avengers27
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. By the way, the bed has been fixed and does not give out noise anymore. Also the bathroom door hinges have been oiled. So no more noise. It did not take us long to do this, and we wish we were told of the noise when you were here. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for the gracious words.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A few days back I arrived in Goa from New Zealand after three long flights. I had booked Joe & Marietta's guesthouse and I was incredibly happy that I had upon my arrival. Joe & Marietta are wonderful people and incredibly accommodating and the guesthouse lived up to all my expectations. The room and bathroom were clean and Joe & Marietta were there for my every question and request, from where could i find a good restaurant to asking for an extra sheet and blanket. I stayed in the orange room, which had a television I only found out on my arrival and a great table to work from. The wireless works perfectly in all the rooms besides the orange room, which is a touch away from the router, but that wasn't any trouble as marietta and joe encouraged me to sit on their porch and drink chai and check email. The room is incredibly safe and the small staff delightful and I had no qualms about keeping all my personal items in the room. I felt safe and knew my things would be too. the guesthouse is on a perfect quiet residential street and the market (with restaurants, fresh veggies and shopping) is a mere 5-10 minute walk away. The beach another 5 minutes from there. This is by far the best place you can stay in Calagunte. I would recommend it without hesitation to everyone. I put 4 stars for fitness centre and swimming because I went running from the guesthouse to the beach every morning and then went swimming in the arabian sea afterwards!

Room Tip: All are good, the Orange room is a little away from the wireless router so you need to sit outside t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Benjamin is himself a gem of a person. As for the weak wi-fi signal in the Orange room, we plan to lay a cable from the router to the room in the future. But otherwise, our friends are most welcome to sit in our porch and surf the Net... Thank you Ben for the kind words.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had visited Goa in December and had booked 3 rooms couple of months earlier. Unfortunately, plans changed and finally me and my husband were the only ones to land up at joe and Marietta's guesthouse.
We had booked after reading the awesome TripAdvisor reviews and every review is true to the last word. This guesthouse is located in the quite by lanes of calangute- Far from the maddening crowds but only a small walk from the beach. We were welcomed by Marietta aunty and were shown our room. It was just amazing to enter a big spotless and well maintained room. There were a few catalogues and maps in the room to guide us around Goa which was very thoughtful. In the mornings, we used to get tasty breakfast (I loved the omelette and got some tips from aunty too !!! :) Just adored the dog and the kittens that were in their house.
I could go on and on.. there are just so many things which made our stay so very comfortable and memorable.
Highly recommended for travelers who are bored of the routine money making soulless hotels and want to experience goa in a simple, low key and relaxing way.
Thank you uncle and aunty. I will make sure that i stay at ur place the every time I am in Goa :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your minute observations and generous praise. We will strive to keep our place simple, homely and clean as best as we can.. Thanks again.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Me n my wife with our 2.5 yrs old daughter recently took a 5N/6D trip to calangute,Goa (14/01/13-19/01/13).
We have been to Goa lot of times earlier as well but this was our first time at J&M.....
Arrived at 5 AM (booked in advance) and was greeted by Joe.We stayed for a day at their Orange room which was very neat,clean with a spacious bathroom.
Next day we moved in to Jackfruit room as requested by us which was good too (Slightly bigger).
Marietta greeted us with a huge smile during the breakfast which was wonderfully cooked home food and very tasty (not elaborate) and was served in the room itself with well prepared tea. Since We had a kid with us there were numerous requests for milk, omelettes which was always met with a smile from her even in evenings along with untimely tea requests :-)
She was also concerned enough to make sure the egg for the kid was made non-spicy and without chilies.....now such minute things are taken care of only at HOME !!!
We really enjoyed our stay here which was made even better with their personal touch.
Its a true value for money as rooms are better,neat,clean and hygienic than most big name hotels on the main road.
Moreover the feeling is so much like home unlike hotels.
Its located just next to Neelam's Glitz and calangute beach is around 1.5 km's across market.
One can request Joe itself for a two wheeler on rent and taxi for airport drop as I did and they are arranged at a nominal rate.
Its the place to be if you are on a family trip or a budget holiday....but be sure to book in advance as they are mostly occupied....
Thanks JOE and MARIETTA for a wonderful stay.....we shall meet u again !!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AviatorSyM
JoeMarietta, Owner at Joe and Marietta's Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Sir....We are humbled by your praise. Its our pleasure to be of service to our guests. And your little one was most adorable. Hugs to her... See you again..