“Mr Mac, The best.”
Review of Mac Tailors

Mac Tailors
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Calangute
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear valuable clients,Thank you very much for your continued support for the last 22 years.I will strive hard to give my best as always. Hotel Nizmar is closing for renovation, nevertheless we are still operating from the same resort. Assuring all existing and new clients highest quality and professional service.All our contact details are still the sameMac
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I wanted a tailored suit while we were in India. We were travelling from Delhi finishing in Goa. We saw many suit tailors along the way and got prices and material examples shown. None of them really impressed. So to google I went, knowing that we had a week in Goa, I searched for 'suit tailors in Goa', and was amazed to read Mr mac's reviews. We were staying really close to his shop, so payed him a visit on our second day. WOW! the materials he showed us were amazing, the quality of service great. I decided to have a DJ made, and 2 shirts. We went back for a fitting trial, all was well, so Mr Mac showed us some more fabrics and I decided to have a second suit and shirt made too. A few more visits for fittings, and all done. The suit finish is superb, the designs so unique. The shirts are amazing too. Overall, really really pleased with Mr Mac, I even got suit carriers for the plane journey home. Will definatly come back to Mr MAc when we visit Goa again!

1  Thank Jon P

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I planned a trip to Goa and reviewed trip advisor to understand what the “must do” things were in Goa. I spotted several comments regarding Mr. Mac the tailor and decided to check him out. I live in Abu Dhabi, so there is no shortage of fine tailors here (or nearby in Dubai), but I had to see for myself if the raving comments were true.

The long story short is I went to the shop, and I met Mr. Mac. Immediately I was sold by his customer service, attention to detail and amazing assortment of high-end fabrics. I had three suits, one linen sport jacket and four shirts made. On the day of my final fitting I called my wife (who is very particular) and asked her to send her measurements to Mr. Mac via email. In three days I had two suits that Mr. Mac made from a picture. When I returned home my wife’s suits fit impeccably. Mr. Mac’s quality / price point in unmatched (I have been to Milan, New York, Paris and Thailand) anywhere in the world. He delivered my clothes to my hotel and made me an additional shirt as a gift. I went for a wardrobe update and made a friend instead.

If being sartorially splendid is your objective, then Mr. Mac is your man.

2  Thank C H
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Mac at the beginninig of February and we can not recommend him highly enough. Mac made a suit and 3 shirts for myself and a horse showjumping jacket for my girlfriend. The quality of the fabrics and standard of workmanship was first class. Mac made the showjumping jacket from a photo we provided. The replication of all the details was superb.

Mac is a really nice guy who is a pleasure to do a business with. He has a real passion for what he does and that is reflected in the quality of his work.

I'm tempted to go back to Goa next year so I can get some more clothing from Mac!

1  Thank boslo33
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have always wanted a tailored suit but could never afford it in the UK. After reading the TA reviews I thought I'd try Mr Mac. As everyone has said on previous reviews the service was impeccable and nothing was too much for them. I had a picture of a colour of fabric I had in my head and after going through lots of options I thought I might have to try something else. All of a sudden Mac pulls a blazer out from the back which was exactly the blue I wanted! Next was the silk. So much choice but Mac let me choose whilst giving me his opinion without being forceful. 5 days later was my first fitting and it already fitted like a glove. 2 days later and it was done. I've worn it twice so far at home and it feels amazing. So worth it. My wife even got a dress made which was great too. Will definitely be back for sure! See my picture I posted on their TA page. Mine is the blue suit!

3  Thank JonDillon
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Having just picked up my suit and shirt from Mac I wanted to leave a review on here to confirm what all the other reviewers have said.

When I came to India I wanted to get a bespoke suit made as I have several weddings to attend this year and being tall and skinny I find it very difficult to find a good fitting suit in the UK. I had a look in a few tailors in candolim and was far from convinced by their pushy selling tactics and slightly dodgy looking shops. I found the reviews of Mac's tailors on this web site so emailed him to book an appointment to check him out.

From the moment you step into his shop it's clear he offers a far superior service to the other tailors around. Mac was extremely helpful and spent a lot of time showing me the fabrics available, discussing the styling options and making suggestions whilst always listening to what I was saying and never being anything but helpful and polite.

Having decided on the fabric (far superior to any I had been shown elsewhere) and style I made an appointment for a fitting 5 days later. It became apparent how important this is as having rather skinny legs I was left looking a bit like MC Hammer with the trousers, although the jacket was perfect. However, a few well placed pins by Mac's assistant and I could see the trousers would be fine with some adjustment.

2 days later I returned to pick up the suit and shirt and couldn't be more pleased. The fit is perfect and the finish of the suit is immaculate.

I thoroughly recommend a visit to Mac's if you are after a fantastic suit and professional, friendly service. It may be a bit more expensive than other tailors nearby, but the quality is of the highest level and it's definitely worth it.

Thank you Mac!