“Best taylor in Goa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mac Tailors

Mac Tailors
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Calangute
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear valuable clients,Thank you very much for your continued support for the last 22 years.I will strive hard to give my best as always. Hotel Nizmar is closing for renovation, nevertheless we are still operating from the same resort. Assuring all existing and new clients highest quality and professional service.All our contact details are still the sameMac
barnsley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best taylor in Goa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got back from a 2 week holiday in Goa, While their asked our rep to give advise obout good taylors. He said the best was mac at the hotel nizmar. Great advice me and a mate went wanted a top quality suit and got the best service and advice ive ever had from a taylor. Every part of the process was explained to us from measurements to 1st fit to collection. Never once were we under any pressure to buy anything, As well as the suit also got a great deal on 2 pair of shoes shirt and a very nice tye for free. A true gent and a pleasure to buy from. Mac even sorted out for us to use the hotel pool for the day as it was better than at our hotel. Will be back next year wish empty case. THANK YOU MAC !!!!!!!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank BarnsleyDavehewitt

Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited Mr. Mac in october 2012. Had two suits and 7 shirts made. Excellent service and great quality. Will warmly recommend Mr. Mac to friends and family. Looking forward to going back and visit again sometime in the future.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ArnsteinLarsen
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Defiantly going back to Goa to get more tailor made clothes from Mac”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I went to Mac's with my family as I wanted a tailor made suit and he came highly recommended by my godparents. I can't tell you how professional this man is, there is so much to choose from and the suit I bought fits perfectly. It feels amazing and it's all for an amazing price, there is no better tailor in Goa or India for that matter. My godparent had his suit made over ten years ago and it's the best suit he's ever had, still looks impeccable and as good as the day he bought it. I bought one suit, three shirts, two pairs of shoes, one belt, a set of cuff links, two overcoats, two ties and I walked away feeling like I had robbed the man!! The only problem with Mac's is I bought soo much I had to go buy another suit case to get it all home! He is a little more expensive than the other tailors but there is no point going to them if you want quality that will last and can have the best for a little bit more. THANK YOU SOO MUCH MAC. I went to Mac's with my family as I wanted a tailor made suit and he came highly recommended by my godparents. I can't tell you how professional this man is, there is so much to choose from and the suit I bought fits perfectly. It feels amazing and it's all for an amazing price, there is no better tailor in Goa or India for that matter. My godparent had his suit made over ten years ago and it's the best suit he's ever had, still looks impeccable and as good as the day he bought it. I bought one suit, three shirts, two pairs of shoes, one belt, a set of cuff links, two overcoats, two ties and I walked away feeling like I had robbed the man!! The only problem with Mac's is I bought soo much I had to go buy another suit case to get it all home! He is a little more expensive than the other tailors but there is no point going to them if you want quality that will last and can have the best for a little bit more. THANK YOU SOO MUCH MAC.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank Tom O
Aberdeen
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“The best tailor in Goa if not the whole of India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

We went to Mac Tailors at the recommendation of the Neelham hotel. We were not disappointed.
From start to finish, this guys made us feel special and could not do enough for our whole party whilst we were there.  Lots of cloth to chose from and many fashion books to look at to help us arrive at a style we wanted.
I had 5 shirts (plus one extra for free), 1 x suit and a blazer custom made for me.
I chose the shirt materials, the linings for the double cuffs and collar linings and the rest was left to Mac. The finish of the shirts were beyond belief. I paid £25 per shirt and got one extra for free, so 6 shirts in total.

I had a two pce suit made in an expensive cloth and the same design and cut as a  Boss suit from his many designer catalogues that's available to browse through. The linings for the jacket and trousers were stunning and the stitching was simply immaculate and perfection beyond belief.
The Blazer was a double breasted style, with stunning red lining and shaped the way I required. Every detail was considered. So the blazer can be worn with the sleeve buttons undone or formally fastened.  Even the blazer buttons were to my liking and as they did not have the type I actually wanted (tarnished  vintage style military), they went out and sourced them for me at no extra cost.
I got fitted for a single shirt on day 3 along with the first fitting for the suit and blazer, and followed by some minor alterations on the suit on day 5.
I honestly have to say that the shirts were better finished that the ones I got made in Hong Kong and elsewhere in Asia. The comfort I find in wearing the shirts is due to getting measured correctly across so many parts of the upper body rather than the normal 4 points.
Each shirt collar and cuff lining was matched to the shirt color and buttons and thread colour.
When you are in Goa, don't miss out on the opportunity to visit the best tailor in India.
Get in touch with me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Visited November 2011
10 Thank Nigel R
liverpool
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great custom made tailored items of high quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

As two professionals we are keen on good quality items and value for money. After reading reviews on here, we decided to visit Mr Mac's tailors.
If you're after a suit/dress/shoes custom made, this is the only place to consider. There are lots of tailors in Goa, they just do not compare.
We got my fiance's morning suit custom made. We took along a picture, picked out THE finest material (lots to choose from) and got measured.
We then visited a few days later for a fit, the item was practically made but then pinned for final snug fit. We came back again the following day and the suit was ready. It simply is beautiful. The service is excellent, and I was particularly nervous about trusting Mac with such an important thing! But there was no need to worry.
For a fully lined pair of pants, a lined fitted waistcoat and lined morning jacket made to the perfect fit we paid £190.
Although I know Mac does suits from £80 to £350ish depending on material chosen.
The hardest part was finding him! He has a shop based in the Nizmar Resort (hotel) on the Calangute - Candolim Road close to the Lacoste shop. If you ask a taxi driver to take you, they sometimes take you to other tailors who call themselves Mac to get a cut of profits so beware!

Visited January 2012