“Memorable experience”
Review of Casa Severina

Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Calangute

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a place, what a stay!

We were a group of 6 looking for a place to stay and walked in casually with the Goan spirit to check the place out. The place felt promising from the moment we were warmly greeted by the security personnel.

Kudos to the reception staff (Hazel and Brian) for being not only polite but ready with information and willing to go the extra mile more than once! The calming atmosphere and the pristine rooms overlooking the pool, the general air of silence and the ever-lasting smile made our 3-night stay an unforgettable experience. We were not a group that fancied the SPA but they will not disappoint.

Its worth mentioning that we visited during the off-peak times when the resort wasn't fully booked. The stay was one of those rare ones where we did not have a single complaint. Keep it up!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Ankur B,

Thanks, for taking the time to share your group 3-night unforgettable holiday experience at resort Casa Severina on trip advisor; have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Sincerely, look forward, to welcome you all back to Resort Casa Severina in the near future.

Calangute- Goa – India
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

we have just returned from Goa...we wanted to travel around a little but my brother who stayed here in the summer told us to stay the at the Severina for the duration.... 13 nights....best advise he has ever given me...ha ha...we were met by the hotel driver Wasu at the airport...from there on in everything just fell into place....the room was roomy, quiet & well appointed. sheets were very clean and attention to detail was pretty good.

The breakfast was great with a chef cooking your eggs however you wanted them...both English and Indian options were available. we also eat most days in the restaurant as the food was absolutely beautiful....if it wasn't on the menu we just asked and they went out of their way to please us. the manager Mr Johnson would ask if we wanted anything special like fish or crab and the chef would go to market that day and we would eating it later that night. the bar was very relaxed with a flat screen so we could keep up with the sport from around the world and the staff were really really nice all the time.

quite a large pool for the size of the hotel which was never busy.
the hotel sorted out scooter hire which was very competitive and we used the hotel driver on a couple of occasions to drive out for a few hours.

all in all a great place to stay with a really good atmosphere.

only down side was the Wi-Fi was not fantastic in the rooms...but fine in reception

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Stuart E,

Delighted to read your encouraging comments, have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Thank you for staying with us; sincerely look forward to be at your service again, in the near future

Calangute- Goa - India
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A very different and nice hotel in Calangute. It looks like a big Portuguese bungalow :). The best part was the quiteness of the hotel as they dont encourage kids. The breakfast spread was nice. I liked the pool too. Property is not on the beach but like 5-7 mins walk. A good value for money hotel. The room was great and so was the bathroom. Liked the bed :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaSeverinaResort, General Manager at Casa Severina, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Alok,

We are delighted to know that you had a good stay at Resort Casa Severina- Goa. Thank you, for taking the time, to review our resort on the TripAdvisor.

Look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Calangute-Goa
New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed there for four nights (23 to 27 September) with my wife and found it to very nice, clean and comfortable. This was my first Goa trip and I selected the resort on the basis of reviews on trip Advisor and I am happy to say that I am so much impressed that whenever I visit Goa again I will stay in Casa Severina only.

I found the breakfast to be really nice. The menu had several choices and there was always enough for a North Indian Vegetarian foodie like me.

We ordered dinner twice in our room and I found the food reasonably priced.

One thing that I didn't liked was the cost of moneral water bottle (Qua), which was priced Rs. 80. They give two complimentary bottles everyday but 80 rupees for a water bottle is too expensive for Indian tourists in my opinion. There should be an option.

On the site it was mentioned that a fruit basket is kept in the room for all guests on arrival. There was no fruit basket in our room, when I enquired about the same at reception I was told that it is given on certain packages only.

Apart from this I found everything positive about this resort. Beach was very near, only about 5 minutes walking distance. Pool was very clean. Garden was very clean and beautiful. The same thing can be said thing about the restaurant.

Rooms were big in size, very clean and elegantly designed. Also whenever we returned in evening we were plesantly surprised to see beautiful patterns created on bed with towels.

Another thing that we liked the most is the always smiling helpful staff and room service people.

All in all a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor deluxe room but I think first floor pool facing junior rooms are the best...
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ujwal,

Thank you, for taking the time, to write a detailed contentment summary of your stay. Pleased to know that you were impressed and had a memorable stay at resort Casa Severina. We have noted your observations.

Sincerely, look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Calangute-Goa
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had stayed from 26th Sep till 30th Sep in the Junior Suite numbered J2. I am short of words to appreciate the Quality of this place. This place is truly a winner on all fronts. Loved the food + bar + pool + ambience + politeness of staff + location + peace of mind etc. Kudos to Mr. Johnson & team. Our stay could not have been better than this. I would certainly visit again very soon. Thanks again for a lovely stay !!

Room Tip: Select pool facing rooms ~!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sindhu,

Thanks for taking the time to share your holiday experience at resort Casa Severina on trip advisor; We are honoured with a great review , have conveyed the same to the entire team of Casa Severina.

Sincerely look forward to be at your service once again, in the near future.

Calangute- Goa – India
Thane, India
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hi all,
Me and my wife stayed for a couple of days in Casa Severina Holiday Resort on 28th Sep 13. Everything was fine till something started to bite all over our body and just wouldn't let us sleep even though we were very tired from all that walking along Goa beaches. Barely 2 hrs into sleep, I got up and found small bed-bugs (Hindi: Khatmal) crawling all over the quilt. Initially I thought it was the mosquitoes. But no. Turned on the light to find them crawling all over the floor too probably hastily making their way to suck our blood!

Anyways, called reception and changed out room midnight to J-1. Poor attendant was equally surprised an later even tried to say it might "just be mosquitoes". I didn't tell him that I had taken photos of bed-bugs.

When I solicited the resort manager next morning, I was told that he is "on leave" today. Yes, very difficult to face an angry customer in such a situation but to not even say sorry to them is gross. I was thinking, "Don't they even fumigate their rooms? Bedbugs don't just come overnight..."

I was so disappointed but didn't show it on my face. I didn't make much hue and cry over the issue since we didn't want to ruin out short first-time stay in Goa. But writing a befitting review is what is important.

Regards,

Room Tip: Will never recommend this resort to my friends!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Chandan31
Dear All,

Let it be known that Guest Mr.Chandan stayed at Resort Casa Severina-Goa from 28th September,2013 for two nights. Honestly right from inception till Mr.Chandan stay, at Casa Severina, we had no issue of bed-bugs.

On 28th day of September, 2013 when Mr.Chandan reported to reception, our associate checked his room n0 F-17 thoroughly, did not find/see any bed-bugs/insects but obliged the guest with a room change. After Mr.Chandan’s departure, we had many other guest stayed in room F-17 and currently it is being occupied by one of our long staying guest without any issue.

Dear Mr.Chandan; at Resort Casa Severina, we take utmost care of the guest and the resort in all respect and do not run away from problems. With all due respect, we deny your statement “When I solicited the resort manager next morning, I was told that he is "on leave" today. Yes, very difficult to face an angry customer in such a situation but to not even say sorry to them is gross” as we have second person in command during my absence on Sundays (my weekly off day).

Guest genuine feedback is immensely valuable to us but your feedback, however, apart from being vivid is also devised to malign the resort.

Calangute- Goa - India