“best place in GOA. PANKIL MARFATIA”
Review of Raman Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Raman Cottages
Ranked #57 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
mumbai
“best place in GOA. PANKIL MARFATIA”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Like this place a lot. Been there TEN times. Lovely property, well spread out with only a handful of cottages and rooms. A Part of the resort is an extension of the beach and you will be walking in sand. The staff is bit rude. People should stay here only when they visit to goa. 100 times

Room Tip: if family than cottage or else normal rooms are good if you come with friends.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank pankilMumbai

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Delhi
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We discovered the cottages by chance and because it was off season (July 2012) we managed to get a majestic room for just 2,500/- a night. The vibe of the place is immensely tranquil, in the evenings, an enigmatic silence settles upon the place with the soft sounds of tides lashing the shore in the near distance.
Mornings here are wonderful with the rather friendly staff cooking up breakfast to order while you look on at the beach since the cottages are right at the beach, with the endless ocean for incessant company.
The place is recommended for its cleanliness and general good humour with the staff being warm and hospitable.
Just the ideal place to be with family, your better half, friends or even when you're all by yourself, there are enough butterflies around the place to keep you company...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RochieRana
mumbai
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I Like this place a lot. Been there a few times.
Lovely property, well spread out with only a handful of cottages and rooms.
A Part of the resort is an extension of the beach and you will be walking in sand!l lovely
Different, Laid back, on the beach. You can dine in the shack while looking at the ocean.
Now they even have a pool (which was not there few years ago during my last visit).
Very close to Titos and even closer if u walk from the beach to Tito's.
Pool table/music is available in the shack.
Bed Matresses in the rooms are average, Though in the cottages they are nice.
Should consider putting better quality matresses in the rooms as well.
All the cottages have a different unique look.
This is a place you can surely try, but if you want five star Luxury this is not the place for you.
Massage guy is available and you can get a lovely massage next to the shack under the trees just meters off the beach, yet totally secluded! incredible

Room Tip: Avoid pool facing rooms if you like to sleep till late in the mornings Pool facing rooms do not hav...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here in July 2012, initially for 1 night, however we loved the atmosphere, staff and character so much we extended our stay here to 4 nights.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds were continually being swept and kept clean and tidy.
There were security guards watching over the grounds at night and I was extremely grateful when I drunkenly and stupidly left my bag (with my wallet) outside my room on the open verandah, and the security guard knocked on our door ( at 3am ) to give me my bag. Nothing was missing at all so I was ever so grateful.
As it was off season, the pool was not filled when we arrived - however when we asked if it was going to be filled - they filled it for us.
Also, we went to head into Baga for dinner when it started pouring with rain, so the owner of Raman offered to drive us into Baga.
The people at this place went above and beyond multiple times, and the quality of the place was exceptionally good for the price and location. I hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a gorgeous, barely known, quiet property in the otherwise noisy, over-crowded Calangute-Baga area. We discovered it just by chance, while we were on our way to check in to one of the typical Baga resorts. It's right next to a cemetery, which is why I was a little hesitant to stay there the first time we chanced upon it, but it's so beautiful that I couldn't resist making a reservation there the next time. It's best to experience Raman in the off-season (June-Sept) or early October, because the rest of the year they charge a bomb. You can call to make a booking (look up the number on their website http://ramangoa.com/) and try bargaining - in the off season you're sure to get lucky, the rest of the year it's full anyway so they won't entertain you. The resort is right on the beach - pretty large with lots of greenery, rooms, swimming pool and restaurant. There are three types of rooms - independent cottages (really gorgeous but expensive), garden-facing rooms (no sea breeze, not worth it) and pool-facing rooms (best value-for-money of the lot - they do face the sea but you may not get a view because of the distance away from it and the thick greenery). Make sure you avoid the last room opposite the pool (we booked last minute and got this as it was the only one left). It has a large platform-like structure occupying more than half of the room, leaving very little space for the bed and floor! The pool is open to all guests throughout the day (until 7pm if I remember correctly). Breakfast is included in the tariff if you make it to the beach shack restaurant before 11am or noon (We are late-risers and always missed it!). They serve delicious omelettes (regular, cheese, chicken, etc.), yummy pancakes, sandwiches, eggs, bread, jam, juice, tea, coffee, etc. The restaurant is open all day. The cook is always hanging around the property or on the beach, You just have to find him and place your order! There's also a masseur hanging around with the cook who gives excellent massages - make sure you bargain! The owner is friendly and is usually seen interacting with guests at breakfast. He lives with his family on the first storey above all the guest rooms and has a library with some lovely travel books - feel free to borrow some! Parking space is limited so if you arrive in the wee hours, you might be forced to leave your car outside the main gates for the night. Book in advance to get a good room (and to get a room at all!). Service (other than that of the kitchen staff) is not great. They're all lazy and almost reluctant to help if you need them to! But overall, it's a wonderful resort and if you stay here once, you'll definitely want to return :)

Room Tip: Avoid the last room opposite the pool - It's tiny because of a platform-like thing occupying mor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Adopt_A_Desi_Dog
Riverside, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed the end of March here with my fiancé.

PROS: It is a beautiful place - the best in the area with a private beach, cute cottages and nice pool. The location could not have been better. We could either take the street and walk into town or take the beach right outside our door step. The staff was friendly and Mr. Manoj was wonderful. You were right next to Baga and all the action, but also felt like you had your own private paradise. I often times left my shoes or forgot a book outside my cottage and never worried about it not being there later. I HIGHLY recommend it. No, it is not the "higher end" resorts we usually stay in like the Taj's and Hilton's -- but it is wonderful in a very unique way and in my opinion, the best in the Baga/North Calangunte area.

CONS: The pros far outweigh the cons, but there were a couple significant things that prevented me from giving five stars. The cottages were not even close to sound proof. Every morning we were woken by the people sweeping the sand outside our cottage about 6 am and could clearly hear any conversation taking place as people walked by. Additionally the birds, dogs, and occasionally music from a disco on the beach could be heard. And as I was on a romantic vacation that led me to believe that everyone outside our cottage could ... um ... hear us as well. That is not an ideal situation. Luckily, the place is secluded and there are never too many people. Also, there were no curtains and though you could not see in the stain glassed windows - there was no way to keep the light out.

Lastly, do NOT get a massage from the man at the hotel! The man working there -- you will know who he is because he will offer a massage every day -- who was very friendly, was charging around 2,500 rupees (I spoke to 2 people who were duped by him and he made me the same offer when I first arrived knowing I was not familiar with the currency yet). The people next door at, I believe it was called Bubbles, charged 300 rupees (approximately $5) for a wonderful hour massage.

With that being said, we absolutely loved Goa and very much enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the dome cottage and though it was quite charming and very unique - if you would like a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmyLoverOfSun
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed June 22, 2012

this was a find, what an amazing place. i had been there in may 2012 for 3 days and had the best stay ever in goa. in the past i have stayed in more plush hotels but this one has a character of its own.
Pros - right next to baga and calangute - the most happenin place. plus close to anjuna
- bike hire just outside. (wud suggest to walk upto the titos main road for cheaper deals)
- restaurant has a brilliant view
- u feel ur at the beach 24*7
- staff doesnt disturb at all, a nice cozy den

cons - aaaaaaaaaaaaa (cudnt find one yet, except the shower is pretty amusing.)

Room Tip: i stayed at the beach room. its a cool one, better than the pool room. i think the dome is to chec...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends